1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Silver Linings Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SamFisher, May 21, 2015.

1. PJ86

PJ86 Member

Silver lining: we've not given 48 minutes of great effort yet and a lot of players have had subpar games. If one guy can just step up, we will take 2 games at home.

2. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

This squad has demonstrated a consistent ability to implement their gameplan when down in a hole. In other words, they are ALWAYS a threat.

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Series hasn't started yet. This mess is far from done.

ESPN is slobbering all over this series and the Harden v Curry matchup. Seems they are trying to make it a rivalry, cool with me. Wouldn't be surprised to get some homecooking these next two games...

4. djimi

djimi Member

Biggest Silver Lining for me was having DH12 playing well again. Lets hope he have a great game at home. I think GSW is beatable. We just need to get into that Clipper series mentality. Being 0-2 is actually not as bad as being 1-3, considering we dont own home court.

1 person likes this.
  5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am afraid to say anything positive. Against the Clips I was so negative, and it worked, we won!

6. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

If we get the calls they got at home, we win three of the next four and than there is game seven and anyone can win.

7. Mr Chuck Norris

We're winning the next 4

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

James was amazing. Dwight played through his injury and was big. Like NIKEstrad said, Smith couldn't possibly be worse. He had only 1 turnover, but it was very ill timed. So what stood out to me that might not have been mentioned? The 10 turnovers versus 16 for the Worriers. A terrific number against a team that is no slouch defensively. If we keep this up, the defensive intensity, I don't see why we can't be 2-2 going back to GS for game 5. To paraphrase Rileydog, this team is growing before our eyes. The few times everything clicks, we just destroy teams, and we don't have a starting quality point guard. Crazy!

9. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

It's a beautiful day Houston. I hope y'all can enjoy this weather

10. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Dont do this now

11. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Silver linings:

1) Dwight improved as the game wore on. He had an alley-oop at the end of the first half and with about 33 seconds left in the 4th. Hopefully he'll have even more spring after another 48 hours of treatment.

2) The Warriors shot 53% to the Rockets 46% and won....by a single point....at home. That bodes well for Toyota Center where presumably the Rockets will shoot better and the Warriors won't.

3) The Rockets have gotten almost nothing out of Smith and Brewer and lost by only 4 and 1 in Games 1 and 2 respectively. Smith in particular was horrible in Game 2. If he has even a mediocre performance, we probably win.