1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clint Capela will be a star

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, May 19, 2015.

1. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Are there highlights for Capela?

2. Rokman

Rokman Member

I get so excited when this dude plays he's got me singing Acapella!

I know, weak.

3. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

4. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

5. finsraider

finsraider Member

That is not how I would handle Capela. He's a guy you want near the rim. Use his footwork (excellent for a player his size) to get shots, whether thats in the PnR, post, or a turnaround jumper.

His #1 priority this summer is adding weight. I don't care if he improves on his 50-60% FT shooting or develops a 3…he needs some more sand in those shorts to become an ideal modern NBA center.

1 person likes this.
  6. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

You are probably the worst poster in the forum...did you not watch Clippers vs Rockets series? Also, saying Stephen Curry is just a shooter and nothing else is laughable.

7. basketballholic

Yeah, you want to turn him into a plodder. He's a deer. His rebounding percentage is demonstrating that he don't need all that weight dragging him down.

8. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

His point about Dwight was much worse than his point about Curry.

Regardless, how do you have 2 NBA favorite teams? Did you just add the Rockets to your signature when Jeremy Lin was playing here? That makes absolutely no sense.

Screw the Warriors and the softest MVP of all time.

9. finsraider

finsraider Member

I don't want him to be a "plodder". He can add more weight without destroying his mobility. He's a string bean right now. Muscle will help him withstand the punishment in the interior, which is where he needs to live.

10. djimi

djimi Member

Agreed, why train a center to shoot 3s? Want him to be a Spencer Hawes? He should watch every Hakeem game tape available. Watch it at least 10 times. Then let him train under Hakeem during the summer. 3 pointers are over-rated, If he can develop a defense similar to Hakeem and Mutombo, then he's more set to make the 100 mil. Let the guards take the 3s and jump shots.

11. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

I've not watched a lot of Stephen Curry. He handles the ball like Curly Neal. Fantastic.

12. basketballholic

More important to a basketball player than simply putting on muscle is putting on SKILLS! His skill set needs to be increased firstly. He will gain some weight and fill out. But to make the emphasis muscle mass instead of SKILL ACCUMULATION and SKILL EXCELLENCE is a recipe for producing mediocre ballers who become maulers.

That's exactly what happened to Tyson Chandler. He could've been so much more when he was young and rail thin if he had developed his skills rather than just becoming a muscle bound lunkhead that can't play outside of 3 feet from the rim.

I'm more interested in developing skill sets because superior skills make the best ballers, not the biggest biceps.

13. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

howard is just like rg3... he was so afriad capela would take his shine that he is hurting the team by playing injured... what a bum

and mchale is just leaving him in there

14. douglasreedy1

douglasreedy1 Member

Good point... Couldn't have said if better

15. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Curry gets away with EVERYTHING

16. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

What will it take for McHale to play Capela alongside Dwight especially when it's obvious that either TJones or J-Smoove are playing like $hit?
    Yeah Clint won't stretch the court like TJones or JSmoove but at least he won't hoist 17 shots in 21 minutes while making only 5.

Free Clint C!

17. lockmat

lockmat Member

I would really love to see Capella and Howard on the court at the same time. Capella can basically guard anyone on the court. We need him around the basket on the defensive end and catching oops on the offensive side.

18. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hook shot... He should master the hook.

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

A hook shot and a jumper plus improved free throwing in a couple of years,along with his athleticism, and defense would be great. Initially, I was in favor of seeing him gain 20 lbs over the summer, but the astute posters have pointed out gradual weight gain over time won't comprise his speed.

Go Capela! Go Houston Rockets!

20. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Struggled physically tonight off the ball but can't blame him. Bogut probably outweighs him by 50-60 lbs. Should be a beast in 2-3 years when he fills out and has had time to develop his nba game.