1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clint Capela will be a star

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, May 19, 2015.

1. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Hmmm, he had a groin injury in the fall. He got over that in nov-dec... that's when he started blowin up the d-league. He is limited in limits just because Mchale doesn't trust him as much yet. We all know how Mchale operates :mad:. I don't see much that he did wrong in his minutes. He was instant impact: High energy, shut-down defense, rebounding (he may not get position but is able to out jump from behind), and he rolls hard as hell on the pnr and has the best hands out of all our big men... so coordinated. When the game slows down for him, he is going to be difficult to guard. I hope he moves into Hakeems mansion this summer and just get to work soaking up the greatest center of all time.

ElPigto likes this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Haven't given up on the Kevin Love infatuation yet? Capela is going no where, especially with Dwight gimpy again.

3. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

if only there were a young prigioni to pair them with. the PrigCap combo is a joy to watch on the floor.

Deckard likes this.
  4. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

He got switched onto Curry twice and kept him on the perimeter, Curry just hit a great shot to end the half. This is a 21 year old rookie center keeping the MVP in front of him, a player that usually can put other point guards on skates. This is on top of all the other great things he did in his limited time: the court awareness on that pass, the alley oops, shot blocking, and rebounding. He really has a good feel for the game for someone that's supposed to be completely raw. He shouldn't be able to do any of this.

5. RESINator

RESINator Member

6. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

That's what this offseason is for(I hope).

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I been had seen flashes of this!

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=9624256&postcount=9
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=9434124&postcount=188

Glad to see he's trending the right way. And for all those folks that think everything Morey does is rooted in some concrete analytical model that cannot be deviated from... I present to you Clint Capella. We took him because we saw talent and tools on the court. Not because a computer said we have to.

8. Precision340

Precision340 Member

I've been saying he's got good raw talent with a lot of upside.. he's improved every single game he's played and he plays hard.. pro play by Morey to get this kid! Go Rox!!

9. MuddyWaters

MuddyWaters Member

Dwights presence puts fear into people.
    He has like a anti magnetic field in the paint

10. foggy94

foggy94 Member

I love how James gets him involved early. It's something Clint mentioned in his recent round-table interview. If you watch the first highlight from the video Harden drives to the basket and instead of trying to lay it up he kicks it back to Capela for the easy layup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYQbK7kVfB4

11. ceonwuka

ceonwuka Member

Great highlights. Kid is definitely special. He is like our own version of Willie Cauley Stein. Can legitimately protect the rim and rebound and he can switch onto guards in the pick n roll and not get destroyed.

Not to derail the thread but look at Harden get hacked by Thompson on the lob to Capella. Its so annoying that Harden's free throws have become such a story. Dude goes strong to the hole and gets hacked but the refs don't call it because lazy sports writers just parrot each others articles. Seriously these guys don't even watch the games, the play-by-play guys get wrapped up in the BS too. "Harden drives in looking for the foul call"... Actually he drove in looking to score and he got fouled, the refs just didnt call it. Such BS

For every team that complains about Harden's free throws STOP REACHING.

For the refs that are too p***y to blow the whistle CALL THE DAMN FOULS.

12. lockmat

lockmat Member

I see Capella being another Tyson Chandler, maybe a little better. Same type of game. Blocks and alley-oops.

13. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

Capella made Curry take a very long 2 instead of a 3 in one of those shots defended by him. One point doesn't seem as much but it helps, especially on the road.

#133 rocketsregle, May 20, 2015
    Last edited: May 20, 2015
  14. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I was yelling NOoooo... when McHale took him out. He played flawlessly during that run and I wished McHale rode him a bit longer.

15. jdhu

jdhu Member

The word "raw" seems especially applicable to Capela, but I'm excited to see what develops from him.

16. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

Our hope is depend on you, Clint.

ElPigto likes this.
  17. ibm

ibm Member

poise and composure are what impress me the most.

a lot of youngsters have talent. very few have the poise capela seemingly possesses.

18. Bo6

Bo6 Member

yeah I don't get why he took him about both times.

the first time, he just placed that assist to prigioni. next thing you know he gets taken out and we lose the lead due to dwights 3 straight turn overs.

19. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Here is the thing that bother me. 1st, Cap was playing great. Awesome in fact and the team was rolling. 2nd, Howard, at least to me, had a very concerning face on him. I read it as, almost depress. I think he was thinking, am I really done? I hope I'm really wrong. But man, oh man, McHale, I wish had picked up on both, kept Howard out the 1st half, eval him during half time and see if he should go the 2nd half. That one move of immediately putting Howard back was very costly.

20. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Ah! Capela...I like it Marc Jackson