1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 5/19/2015 (Western Conference Finals, Game 1)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 18, 2015.

1. lockmat

lockmat Member

2. lockmat

lockmat Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jqv-pKh8jaw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I'm over this game. It's time for the Game 2 thread! Let's get this thing back to Houston tied up 1-1!

4. solid

solid Contributing Member

What we learned from game one:

GS will not be swept.

The Rockets win of the Clippers series is legit.

The Rockets are legit.

Without the Howard injury, Rockets would be 1-0

Golden State can be beat on their own court

Harden is heating up and Ariza is on one of his hot streaks

Capella is going to be really good

Game two is a critical win for the Rockets

5. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

Game 2 is freaking huge.. Get the split and we got a good chance to go to the NBA Finals

6. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

Because they didn't. I watched almost every Warriors game this season, I live in the area, so I know they didn't play well.

Bogut barely played because of foul trouble. He has always be a big part of what they do on both ends. Thompson had a terrible game, made many stupid errors. Iggz didn't play well, Barns was average, and Lee didn't provide anything while Speights is out. Shawn was the only one did anything good for them, besides Curry. Even Green missed the shots he normally makes.

People think that the Rockets gave the game away because of the 26 points run in 2nd quarter, but that's what Warriors do, they always make big runs, put 10, 20 points on the board within a couple of minutes.

I thought the Rockets had a good chance to win after Bogut in foul trouble, but then Howard's knee.

7. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Lol people trying to say GSW didn't play well. People just hate to give Houston credit

8. newAge_Rockets

Can we get A Game 2 thread going? I wanna move on.

9. Flop

Flop Member

I do not understand how so much contact was being let go on one end In the 2nd quarter while they were awarding livingston two free throws because his teammates failed to box dwight out. All dwight does is jump up for the rebound and he gets it as he should and they call a foul on dwight. It was not over the back. Their sides collided and both landed on two feet. Big deal. He shot 6 free throws off of that, one time when he lost control of the ball and fell down, and another time when smith barely touched him and he lost the ball out of bounds.

10. lockmat

lockmat Member

The Warriors didn't play their best b/c of the Rockets, not themselves. Granted, it did look like they didn't come out with the same amount of intensity as the Rockets at first.

Thompson didn't play well because of Harden.

Capella, Howard and Smith outdid the Warriors bigmen on D for the most part.

Rockets applied pressure on D and played well on Warriors.

Had nothing to do with the Warriors lack of effort.

11. jcee15

jcee15 Contributing Member

That's what she said.

12. Flop

Flop Member

There was another one that cracked me up in the first when curry runs around a josh smith screen and flies into the first row without getting touched. And yet james harden is the flopper who doesnt really get fouled. :rolleyes:

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Once again I'm watching the various sports shows and they are once again disrespecting the Rockets. Rockets lose by 4 and the media acts like we got slaughtered and were completely out matched.

14. theoldblood

theoldblood Member

Get used to it. The Rockets could win the NBA Title x4 and no one would respect them. #thedisrespectisreal

15. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Also kept mentioning that Dwight needs to play better. I couldn't believe it. I even heard that before the injury happened, Dwight wasn't even playing well.

16. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

To be honest with yall... With Dwights injury and the luck that we always seem to not have, while other teams seem to stay healthy -- I hope Curry breaks an ankle. I don't care.

1 person likes this.
  17. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Right after he makes his 57th 3 pointer in the playoffs and then he gets sidelined for the rest of the postseason while we go on to advance would be perfect.

18. theoldblood

theoldblood Member

He had ankle injuries before.......

19. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

I hope their team airplane crashes and burns when they are coming to Toyota Center.

20. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Man this loss hurts so much. When have we seen Harden have his best performance only to end up losing? It's been rare. Really wish we stole this one. Praying for a miracle here on out. It's our destiny to win the ring.