1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So, Did James Harden Win You Over?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hoopball, May 20, 2015.

1. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

This is the correct answer. **** anybody who still needs to be "won over." I don't need those people jumping on any bandwagons now. The line in the sand has been drawn, and literally every member of the media not in the city of Houston has chosen to get in line for a GSW train.

2. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Harden was my favorite OKC player before becoming a Rocket so this is a bit silly. If you are looking for reasons to criticize him, basically just argue that he is shooting too much or passing too much (LeBron).

I wish he had gone to this type of hero ball in the 2nd quarter rather than complaining to the refs.

They are going to have to double team him. Will our perimeter shooters start hitting with consistency?

3. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

Yeah, he wanted that triple double.

4. lockmat

lockmat Member

And that's just the offensive show he put on last night.

He's an excellent passer and played great D last night.

And for someone who asked for those 2nd half highlights of Harden, they're on the deadspin article.

5. Juxtaposed Jolt

I wasn't won over when we got him. I thought we would be paying too much for a guy that wasn't exactly "proven."

Boy, was I wrong.

Anyone who doubts Harden at this point in time should not call themselves a Rockets fan.

6. koldlaser

koldlaser Member

His defense has digress big time in these moments. Offensively, he just doesn't have the skillset to rise over and score efficiently against a team in playoff-mode. He's not LeBron great in that aspect but I can't fault him for that. It's on the defensive ends that he has more control over and it seems he chooses to not totally focus on that which is maddening to me.

7. dreamshakin

dreamshakin Member

I remember me and my friend going absolutely insane at a wedding when we found out he's coming here. I believe it was during the evening when news first broke.

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Harden was AWESOME! He gave a real playoff superstar performance. All he needs is a younger, competent PG who can play alongside him and a healthy team( Dwight obviously being the most important one of them all), in order to win a NBA Championship.

Go Houston Rockets!

9. hoopball

hoopball Member

Nobody is "Lebron great" other than MJ. Also, you're absolutely wrong on the skill part. He is the most versatile and skillful two guard in the league. The reason he sometimes struggles in the playoffs is because he is not a super athlete like Lebron or Westbrook - he can not just leap over 7 footers that are protecting the paint and dunk in their faces. Harden is an average athlete - not very fast and doesn't jump that high - and that gives him trouble sometimes. But that's exactly why I am so impressed with Harden. He is overcoming his natural talent with various skills he has acquired during his time in this league. He has gotten better with every passing year, and if this trend continues, Harden could be up there with one of the greats.

10. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

The shots Harden was making last night was similar to Dwayne Wade in the Finals. Unstoppable and you knew he would've made more had the team kept feeding him.

11. hoopball

hoopball Member

I share your frustration, but I do think the main reason why his defensive tenacity has digressed compared with the beginning of this season is because he is just too damn exhausted. He played the most minutes during the regular season, and I don't think his stamina is strong enough to support him playing full throttle on both ends of the floor. Of course, that does not excuse his occasional defensive lapses, but I don't think it has anything to do with his mental weakness. Just makes me appreciate MJ, Kobe and Wade more because they were actually able to pull that off. Maybe so could Harden, if he loses some of his weight and get leaner.

12. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Only thing for Harden is that he lacks a great leader quality for the team. I think Ariza and JT are the team leaders right now, not Harden, not Howard.

13. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Will rep if someone can post the .gif of Jordan and other superstars going off on dunks, etc. with close ups of Harden shooting free throws. So awesome.

14. ceonwuka

ceonwuka Member

Seriously. Durant, Kobe, Russ, Lebron have all shot 9+ free throws multiple times in their careers.

Harden ACTUALLY gets fouled. The refs need to call them no matter what hack writers say. All they do is just repeat what each other say ad naseum. Its embarrassing. Does ANYONE have their own opinions anymore or is that already illegal.

15. ceonwuka

ceonwuka Member

I disagree. Think he is doing a great job and will only get better.

He is still only 25 years old with room to grow. I loved what I saw from him last night going to the hole and attacking whether or not the refs were calling the deserved fouls. I've seen him calm Dwight down multiple times during this playoff season.

16. Enchanted

Enchanted Member

Harden outscored Curry last night and showed why he is the Real MVP

17. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

Can someone tell me how many points the Warriors scored off Harden Turnovers?

18. MuddyWaters

MuddyWaters Member

wait till harden turns around 28 in his prime he will be a monster

19. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

Thanks for the heads up. I didn't click the link.

Can anyone tell me how many point the Warriors scored on the 5 Harden turnovers for the game?

20. dje243

dje243 Member

This. Curry is seen as the more flashy player but the majority of his points come from shooting open threes b/c there are other players on the court that opposing defenses actually fear and have to account for. I can't believe that there are people who think that Curry is the overall better player. He's the overall better shooter... but that's about it.