1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

1994 Championship Ring on E-Bay

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by intermill, Jul 30, 2003.

1. Friday

Friday Contributing Member

That sure looks like "Chump City"... WTF?

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

$9,000? No way in hell.

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I'd give 1,000 for it. Right now.

4. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

Interesting. According to the history section here, the only "Browns" to play for the Rockets are Chucky, Tony, and Tierre.

I know that in the NFL coaches and front office personell also recieve rings. Maybe this George Brown guy worked in the front office, or was a trainer, or something like that. And maybe his favorite player was OT, so he requested #33 for his ring.

I'm guessing it's something along those lines...

5. Matador

Matador Member

why do you think its a fake? and if so why? just curious

6. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

Well, they told me to download all of this antivirus software (didn't). Since they reset my account, I immediately changed my password, making it much more difficult to figure out.

They warned me to be more 'careful'. I do wish ebay would take more responsibility for their service. These people should be prosecuted. It's theft identity. I'm talking like 2-3 years minimum. It just ain't right. THese people aren't that hard to find either.

I could EASILY trace this fellow's IP and hunt him down. Does anyone know of any laws regarding this type of criminal activity?

7. Olajumus Prime

How did you get a piece of the Summit Floor? and yes I think it might just very well be a fake..

Champ City?:confused:

8. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Yeah this ring is a fake as soon as i saw it. Cuase i remember when they made the rings for the championship the first year it was all over the TV cause there was a lot of publicity cause the company was based in houston. I finally found the actual pictures of the ring after doing some searching here are the two rings for the rockets both 94 and 95 and none of them are like the one he is selling which is really a fake cause any rockets fan knows it's Clutch City not Champ City lol...

94 Ring

[​IMG]

95 Ring

[​IMG]

Go Rockets !!!

9. GRAYsquirrel

GRAYsquirrel Member

1) if those photos of yours are right, then it must be a fake.
    2) who the heck is george brown?
    3) it's clutch city, not chump/champ/whatever city!!!

1 + 2 + 3 = fake

10. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I didnt think it was a fake (but after reading Stack24's info I do think its a fake).

All that is besides the point. Fake or not, I dont think he will get close to $9000 for that.

11. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Stack is right. Those are the REAL rings. I've seen one of the '94 rings for sale a couple years back.

12. rocketlaunch

rocketlaunch Contributing Member

they still can be real just to let you all know in 94 when they first got the ring the players didnt like what they got and all went out and got something else designed. i still think this is fake tho

13. Jameson Paulz

Jameson Paulz Member

A good friend's son worked part-time for the Angels last year. He got a ring. It's not the same as the players/coaches rings, but still cool. He had to sign a waiver that he wouldn't hock it for a certain period of time.

That Rockets ring could be similar. (That is, not for players/coaches)

14. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

15. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Yeah, that happened to me before too.

16. cson

cson Contributing Member

Here's what I know about the ring on eBay ... A member of my wife's family owns the company (DCI) that designed the ring (on eBay) . They had designed a few of these rings ( a dozen or so) pitched it to the team in '94 and the team decided to go another way & chose the design, through a different company, that became the ACTUAL Champ rings....so the dozen or so of these designs were given away, to team doctors, lawyers, agents or whatever.