1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Our secret weapon to defend Stephen Curry

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by apatel123, May 19, 2015.

1. rocketblood713

Win or lose Rockets need to go out there fighting like it's there last game ever dive for loose balls get chippy with them an Dwight needs to beat up Bogut and Harden needs to show why he was an MVP

2. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

I expect Prigioni to get serious minutes against Curry. Of course he is not athletic enough to slip through screens, but the full court pressure will help disrupt his game.

Prigioni will be da real MVP this series. Who is with me?

:)

3. dragician

dragician Member

4. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Doesn't look like he stopped him very well here......

[​IMG]

5. pippsux

pippsux Member

Best defence against Curry.......make him play defence. Whomever he is guarding should be ready to shoot, not dribble to the middle shoot the ball.....make curry come guard u.

6. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Well... Would there be a gif of Prigioni stopping Curry?

Didn't think so! Try again.

7. Dmo for 3mo

Dmo for 3mo Member

Oh please. Its not like someone else from the bench in his place couldn't of made that play.

8. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

But you notice we were up 3 with about 8 to go in this one, I'd take that tonight if I could. Rockets have had the same problems with Golden State as they did with the clippers, always let them go on a run and run off in the 3rd or 4th quarters and so much so that they end score looked like a blow out.

9. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

**** you, I won't do what McHale tells me
    **** YOU, I WON'T DO WHAT MCHALE TELLS ME!

10. dreamshakin

dreamshakin Member

Is he gonna be screaming: FIRST TEAM ALL DEFENSE! at curry?

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Wait til you here how he's gonna stop Irving/Teague ;)

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

13. dream2franchise

No one is stopping Curry the way GS is constructed. Probably best to let him get his and focus on closing out on the other shooters.

I love Nick though, I hope he gets a chance to blossom next season along with KJ (if he stays).

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QXXIdCSzs5o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

Clutch please delete this thread so Steve doesn't see the secret

15. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

i still strongly prefer brewer at pg and terry being a scoring spark off the bench. playoff terry is another player so the bench wont take much of a hit if any

16. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

I keep telling you the secret let him get his point 40 it does not matter, but stop the supporting cast.

That is the secret!!!

17. basketballholic

In 67 regular season wins, Curry shot 46% from 3. (3.67 of 8 per game)
    In 13 regular season losses Curry shot 36% from 3. (3 of 8.5 per game)

In 8 playoff wins, Curry shot 46% from 3. (5.25 of 11.375 per game)
    In 2 playoff losses, Curry shot 19% from 3. (2 of 10.5 per game)

When Curry scored 30 or more points during the regular season, the Warriors were 16-1.

When Curry has scored 30 or more points during the playoffs, the Warriors are 5-0.

In the regular season, when Curry played 30+minutes and scored less than 20 points, the Warriors record was 8-5. IF you take out the lottery teams where he didn't have to compete, the Warriors have a losing record.

In the playoffs when Curry has played 30+ minutes and scored less than 20 points, the Warriors record is 1-1.

===========================================

The biggest factor to beating the Warriors is to beat them at the 3-point line. If we can hold their 3-balls made down below 10 and we can knock down 10 or more ourselves then we can compete against this team. If we can hold their 3-point shooting percentage down to the low 30's we've got a chance to win.

If we let them shoot close to 40% from the 3-point line....we most surely will lose.

We've got to:

1. defend the 3-point line tight and force them to dribble drive.
    2. Control the defensive glass.
    3. Get very crisp ball movement to create our own open 3-point looks and finishes at the rim.

This is all very Curry dependent. If you let him go off.....we're dead. He will single-handedly kill us.

18. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I dunno. I wouldn't be passed trying it for a stretch, IF we can't slow Curry down other ways.

I lean more on the side of play physical with Curry from the start and he might fade away. Depending on the refs, might need to play Jazz style -- play overly physical from the start and hope the refs use it as a reference point for fouls.

I wasn't nervous all day. Suddenly I can't stop tapping my heels and checking my watch. LET'S GO ROCKETS!!! YOU HAVE BEEN THROUGH SO MUCH ADVERSITY. THE WARRIORS ARE JUST ANOTHER OBSTACLE TO OVERCOME!

19. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

<iframe src="https://vine.co/v/eAIO6A3edXK/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>