1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Zach Lowe STILL doesn't believe

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by topfive, May 18, 2015.

1. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

Why do you guys even give Carl the respect to even respond to him? He has proven he is nothing but an attention hungry troll. On the level of all the lofs that plagued this forum for so long.

He is some loser living in his moms basement and liking the Indy music no one knows about then when it gets popular calls them a sellout and says they suck ... That's carl

1 person likes this.
  2. rocks123

rocks123 Member

12 points lucky in the 6th and 13 points lucky in the 7th. that's a lot of luck. Maybe the wizards gave their luck away to us because its obvious that luck and time is not on their side on that attempt by pierce to beat the buzzer.

But i agree we're damn lucky because its the Clips we faced. A team according to the media is cursed to never get past the second round.

3. Zergling

Zergling Member

You were wrong, period. The best teams always win in a 7 game series. Obviously you're stubborn and refusing to acknowledge you were proven wrong.

4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

hyperbole at its best, the best team always win 7 game series but not 5 game series, what about 9 game series or 99 game series.

better teams do lose 7 game series, it is called an upset

5. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Media just got ethered tbh. This post needs more views.

6. hooroo

hooroo Member

Greatness isn't debated, it's lived. It's up to the Rockets to show it, if they have it.

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

You just had to hit submit on this nonsense? SMH

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Upsets are generally confined to Football and NCAA basketball...one game.

7 game series take away any flukes like foul trouble, hot shooting, etc. Come on, it isn't that hard to grasp. And btw: both teams have now played nearly 99 games this season, and we have the better record.

How about this: Defense wins in the NBA. And the better defensive team won this series -- not too shocking. Are you really going to say that the Clippers with realistically only 6 players are a better defensive team than the Rockets.

Defense wins.

9. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Not even trying to relate this to this particular series, but...

Eh I don't care what people say, The Rockets were a better team than the Blazers last year. They beat us in the series, but I don't think that hands down proves they were better than us. They overperformed while we underperformed and that happens.

Surprised to see so many people all of a sudden believe a 7 game or less sample is hardcore evidence of a teams worth.

10. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Rockets just couldn't overcome that one last fluke from the Blazers. There is a lot of truth to everything evening out in a 7 game series to where the better team wins. Why the top two seeds are in the final four this year. Atlanta overcame the last second fluke shot by Pierce that was not off in time. They are better.

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This whole thread just proves that "better" is an opinion, not a fact.

12. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Zach Lowe = ****

13. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Zach Lowe = S.H.I.T.

14. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

That's true, but in some series, the worse team did win, think Grizzlies-Spurs 2011, Warriors-Dallas 2007, Dallas and SA weren't no 1 seeds for nothing. But I don't think that applies in this series though, the Rockets pulled it out and we were the better team.

15. MistaK

MistaK Member

Let them believe what they wanna believe, I really couldn't care less. I'm proud of how the Rockets turned the series around and how they seemingly never gave up. That's all you can ask for as a fan.

I know everybody keeps talking about how the Clippers blew it and frankly they did, to some extent at least. They were up big with 14 minutes to play in Game 6. Yeah Houston's defense picked up towards the end of the game, but it was also the Clippers who stopped attacking and suddenly looked like a deer caught in the headlight. It was the perfect storm of them panicking and the Rockets firing on all cylinders. This was as much luck, as it was HEART.

Do I agree that the Clippers are the better team though?? Nope not really. I haven't thought so this entire year - although I always felt that they were a pretty bad matchup for us. Towards the end of the series however, the Rockets seemed to have figured them out.

Again, was there luck involved in turning this thing around? Most definitely!! But what many experts and analysts fail to mention is, that the Clippers should never have come out with a 3-1 series lead (despite being a great team). As much as the Clippers might have chocked at certain points in this series, Houston didn't even come to play until, well I'd say Game 5!! They were lethargic, didn't hustle for any 50/50 balls, didn't defend and played sloppy. Much of their horrible play was self-inflicted and not the Clippers' doing. Had they come out with energy from the get go, this series probably wouldn't have even gone 7 games.

Now, lets hope that this group remains focused and comes out with energy starting tonight and let them shock the basketball world!!!

16. panamamyers

panamamyers Member
    Supporting Member

The only reason, at this point, to maintain that the Clippers are the better team, is to defend one's previously held position that has been proven to be incorrect. Personal pride if you want to call it that.

17. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Hey guess what? Scoreboard. I don't care what writers say or believe. I just want the Rockets to keep winning, that's all that matters.

18. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

It becomes a fact after you have played a team 11 times and won 6 of them.

19. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

That's what a lot of "experts" are in any subject. Grantland/ESPN/SI exist primarily to make money from ad revenue, not to provide solid analysis or credible predictions of future sport events.

It's also been a long-running trend to hire super-fan enthusiasts rather than actual journalists. That, combined with the trend to make news (and not only sports news) into entertainment only adds to the credibility gap you see from "experts" on the web and television.

#219 Deji McGever, May 19, 2015
    Last edited: May 19, 2015
  20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

So if we lose this series to GSW, can we just say it's because we were tired (we did just overcome a 3-1 series after all) and/or underperformed for a few quarters?