1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Zach Lowe STILL doesn't believe

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by topfive, May 18, 2015.

1. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

Man, the entire sports media is just going into a complete meltdown over this. I guess it's about L.A.? The Lakers are a crap team with poor management, so they'll likely be irrelevant for a while, so the Clippers were the great hope moving forward and they have poor depth and few options for improvement. Sports writers might have to start paying some respect to some of these accursed "small market teams".

1 person likes this.
  2. hoopball

hoopball Member

nope, we clearly wasn't. playoff is the money time, if you can't get it done when it matters the most, then you are not "better" in any sense of the word.

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I was really excited to see what everyone had to say about the Rockets today. Rockets had one of the most improbable playoff runs in recent history, yet it seems they hate us even more. Don't know why I should be surprised. It seems they are disrespecting the Rockets even more now.

1 person likes this.
  4. binhie

binhie Member

yes. if a team wins 4 out of 7 times against the same team in a span of 2 weeks they should be deemed the better team

1 person likes this.
  5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

So for those arguing that the basketball analysts are idiots for saying that the Clippers are better than the Rockets, are you also arguing that the basketball analysts are idiots for saying that the Warriors are better than the Rockets?

6. ibm

ibm Member

how could a loser after defeat still be considered better than the winner in any competition? this one always beats me.

7. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

fixed for truthiness.

1 person likes this.
  8. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I think the Clippers were exhausted. You know why? Cuz they don't have a bench. Cuz the Rockets have the better team. Not starting 5, mind you. But the better TEAM!!!

All these analysts and so-called experts seemed to completely overlook how important Brewer, Smith, and even Pepperoni and Capela were in the regular season and the Mavs series. Once they showed up in Game 5 and started playing like their normal selves(and Rivers, Hawes, and Davis played like their normal selves), the better team emerged victorious.

1 person likes this.
  9. YallMean

YallMean Member

Look, it doesn't really matter. The national media wasn't really all that enthusiastic about us advancing to the WCF. What they wanted, which they think is a better story, is CP3 finally made it to WCF after the heroics he pulled off in the first round against the Spurs. Paul appeared to be a very likable person in their eyes, 6 foot regular guy just like them. They don't like us.

BUT, who cares, in sports, WIN is the measurement. WTF cares you play better, but didn't win. At the end of the day, we are still hopeful to win it all and the Clippers were destroyed.

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

This is really surprising to me 9th team to do what Rockets did. Coming back from 19 points down to extend the season, yet Media treating us like straight chumps right now..

11. Broford

Broford Member

Zach Lowe also predicted Rockets in 7

12. the shark

the shark Member

Let's put game 6 aside for a second.

In a game 7, where the winner moves on and the loser goes home, EVERYTHING IS ON THE LINE, the Rockets (NOT THE CLIPPERS) led wire to wire!!!!

So you tell me who the better team is!!!!

1 person likes this.
  13. YallMean

YallMean Member

Please ... who are the Basketball analysts you are talking about, for every Zach Lowe or the Starter crew, I find you another irrelevant guy with a Twitter account having 5k followers. How about JVG, is he not a basketball analyst.

We beat the Clippers in a 7 game series. That's fact! Please don't bring up irrelevant stuff.

1 person likes this.
  14. newAge_Rockets

How could he even say that! The stupid division rule worked against us!

Yes, the division championship tiebreaker eventually helped, but we had to play against the toughest division of all time! 5 playoff teams in the difficult Western Conference, 4 50 win teams, the defending NBA champion! This divisional rule did the Rockets no favor. We would've won 58-60 games in a division with Sacramento, the Lakers, and the Suns.

15. topfive's_gf

topfive's_gf Member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  16. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

I don't understand his argument... How is one of the toughest divisions of EVER a fake division? Is this a prevalent opinion amongst the clowns at ESPN? I have not heard this said about our division before.

17. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I'm torn on the division tiebreaker. Yes, it's kinda BS that the Clippers had the better conference record, yet that didn't give them homecourt advantage.

That being said, the Rockets winning arguably the toughest division in the history of the NBA(especially given the circumstances under which they pulled off that feat) should count for something.

18. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Of course this isn't going to go over too well while emotions are still high, but I would say the Clippers play more like a cohesive unit than the Rockets, but the Rockets, from top to bottom, have a better team by having more talent. The Rockets did catch fire, but the Clippers also run out of gas, even the female half-time host could see that during game 7.

19. hakeemthagreat

Mind you we're missing 2 starters and STILL beat them. I don't wanna hear that "the Clippers were a better team" crap. This is the media saving face from their prediction we'd get our azzes handed to us. The same media that said we'd most likely not make the postseason:rolleyes:

20. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

The Southwest division has only been around since 2004 when the league expanded. Apparently he is arguing that the Clippers should have had homecourt advantage. I don't know if he has always been of that opinion or was just taking a shot.