1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Skip Bayless predicts a Warrior sweep

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MissouriRocket, May 18, 2015.

1. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

I mean would anyone be surprised if we did get swept? Golden State is a historically great team. I would be happy if we dont get swept in embarrassing fashion. I doubt anyone can really test Golden State. Lets just hope they cant keep everyone together or else they might have a dynasty.

2. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

At the end of the day, these guys are worse then weather men. At least weather men have an educated background, get it wrong almost every time, and still have a job. Remove the educated background and you have the common sports analysts. You are watching and talking about what the sports analysts say so we keep feeding the pigs.

The Rockets are the team that everybody wants to see lose except Houston fans, that's clear. It's not just the analysts, its the rest of the NBA fan base too. Simply by making it a competitive series the Rockets will prove all these dogmatic idiots wrong. Staph Curry could use some humble pie too.

3. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Skip Bayless is the quintessential anit-Bill Simmons. He is the definition of bandwagon fan. He couldn't be more wrong in his predictions. It is a blessing in disguise that he is picking Warriors sweep.

4. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Can ya stop falling into his reactions...he does it to get his hits. Warriors can win but a sweep come on.

5. thedude077

thedude077 Member

I love the Rockets. I am a huge Rockets fan but I have to be honest I think the Warriors win in 6 games. They are the better team. But I will root for my Rockets through and through. Let's surprise baby!

6. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I'm glad he said that immediately. He's picked us to lose the first two series. Keep the hate coming. Time to shock the sports world again!

1 person likes this.
  7. atwood

atwood Member

Had so much fun to be a villain:grin:

8. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I don't think what Skip said was all that bad. I disagree with him on where he said the Rockets were closer to the team in the games we lost. But this has been a bad matchup for us this season. A healthy Dwight and Terrance Jones might be a difference make for us. We'll see tomorrow.

9. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

In related news, my butt released a giant steaming pile this morning. Who you gonna believe?

10. Textroets

Textroets Member

HAHAHAHA seriously. I was thinking the same thing. I'm listening with headphones on which makes it 100 times worse. Dude sounds like he's trying to stave off having a panic attack before his first big corporate meeting.

11. DirtyDizzil

DirtyDizzil Member

How many players on Golden State have been this far into the playoffs ?

12. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

It's interesting, all these media talking heads predicted the Spurs to face the Warriors in the conference finals. Then they lose in round 1, and the Clippers take their spot as the favorite, in spite of the fact that we handled the Mavs more easily than anyone expected. Then we beat the Clippers in epic fashion (the team that just beat the dominant defending champions), and according to the media we STILL don't stand a chance against GS, while the Clippers would have most likely gotten some love.

I know the devil's advocate people like to say that Rockets fans unnecessarily complain about media respect, but they really do overlook us constantly.

13. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Yes, a very good summary.

14. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

Even in the Clippers series it was about what the Clippers were not doing instead of the Rockets effort and defense in game 7. That said in this series particularly for games 1 and 2, Houston has no pressure at all! Strategy wise Houston will not be able to stop Curry or Thompson and they should not focus on just doing that. Put energy into playing the pick and roll similar to way we played it in game 6 of the Clipper series PF rotating to the C man and the C goes to the PF's man with with help from either side. I would put Ariza on Thompson, Harden on Barnes and likely start Smith this series as well to help T Jones stay assertive. That said 2 of the most key players to this series will be Jones and Smith. they have outplay Green and Speights for us to win this series.

15. solid

solid Contributing Member

Logic says the Warriors will win the series, easily. My heart says the Rockets shock the world. Taking the first game would be a start.

16. echu888

echu888 Member

Ya know, I agree with Skip. I think the Warriors are gonna get swept...

17. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Definitely is, I don't like either of these talking heads, but... Skip is basically blinded to SAS fanboyism and I don't think Spurs fans even want him around... And Stephen doesn't get as attached but still makes boneheaded comments, I can't believe these guys are in the positions they are.

18. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

That'll be interesting. Iirc I don't think they have a lot of player experience.

19. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Hmm. Was Iggy on that Nuggets team that went to the WCF in 2009? Barbosa was on a few Suns teams that got that far, right? Other than those two, I'm not sure. The rest of that core is very young.

20. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

As far as the media is concerned James Harden is Darth Vader to Steph Curry's Luke Skywalker. It's to cut that hand off.