1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Beverley WCF availability???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tha TC, May 16, 2015.

1. malakas

malakas Member

One leg one knee Kyrie? Well I say hello back. His condition needs REST and the deeper in the playoffs they get the worse he will get.

2. j_shooter11

j_shooter11 Member

jeff teague would also like to talk to u

3. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

It's probably better that he rests, as Prigioni is a lot better.

4. malakas

malakas Member

Well I am getting popular.
    Rockets without Bev>>> Atlanta.
    And I'm not writing off Atlanta to overcome the Cavs either. Still the Rockets can handle them.

5. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I know it's a long shot but at the end of the day everyone knows Pablo is not really gonna shoot it. So I guess technically Beverly could do what Pablo does.

But I know it would be hard because his hand is going to weak and need rehab before it has the same strength etc.

6. PJ86

PJ86 Member

Wish Beverley could've been a part of this as he is the greatest competitor. It's crazy to think we've done all of this without him. For his long term health he will probably not be able to play. It's also a little late to mess with the chemistry and rotations if you add in a player who has been out for so long. Maybe next year, if he's still with the team.

7. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

How did Bev injure his wrist anyway? I don't remember any specific thing.

8. djimi

djimi Member

I doubt PBev will be playing this series. He still needs to log in some practice time. Fortunately, today's game have given Pablo a whole lot of confidence. He really should shoot more 3s with confidence when he's wide open. PG minutes will be shared by the grandpas just like the past 2 series. Their experience is valuable at this stage.

9. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

With Pablo playing well, it makes perfect sense to bring Beverly back. A few short stretches of all out, physical defense on Curry. Bust the little man up

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

The Houston Rockets are operating under the premise that perimeter defensive ace Patrick Beverley, out since March with a torn ligament in his left wrist, is unlikely to play in the forthcoming Western Conference finals, according to league sources.

Beverley is scheduled to have his cast removed in coming days and says he's hopeful of being cleared to play, but sources told ES‎PN.com that the Rockets are pessimistic about Beverley healing sufficiently quickly to return in this round against the 67-win Golden State Warriors.

The Rockets haven't publicly ruled Beverley out of the series. He last played March 23 against Indiana.

"Patrick is not going to get his pin out until June 4 or 5," Rockets coach Kevin McHale said Monday. "I think it's hard to play with a pin in your (wrist)."

Beverley would certainly rank as the Rockets' best defensive option to counter Warriors star Stephen Curry, but Houston has managed to reach the conference finals for the first time since 1997 despite playing without two of its best defenders: Beverley and big man Donatas Motiejunas.

Golden State swept the teams' four regular-season meetings by an average margin of victory of 15.3 points per game.

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/201...lay-houston-rockets-western-conference-finals

11. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

It would be a godsend, even if only for limited minutes...

I just don't think there is anyway he can be cleared. Morey seemed pretty definitive a few weeks ago when he said there was no way the doctors would clear him.

13. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

It's not a pin, Kevin. It's one of his adamantium claws.

4 people like this.
  14. J.R.

J.R. Member

I will not go away quietly.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">RealGM Sources: Houston's Pat Beverley has cast removed on wrist, testing braces for potential return in West Finals. <a href="http://t.co/mVsq2KG3VT">http://t.co/mVsq2KG3VT</a></p>&mdash; Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) <a href="https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/600394184562978817">May 18, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Houston Rockets guard Patrick Beverley had the cast removed on his surgically-repaired left wrist Monday and will examine smaller braces to test his capacity to play in the Western Conference Finals, league sources told RealGM.

Beverley has a strong desire to return to the Rockets’ lineup against the Golden State Warriors, and will test his left wrist in ball handling drills on Monday night, a step toward determining his status, a source said.

If Beverley returns, he would need to find a brace capable of protecting his wrist and allowing him to use his pain tolerance.

Beverley, 26, averaged 10.1 points, 4.3 rebounds and 3.4 assists in 56 games this season. He suffered the wrist injury in late March.

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If that cat makes it back and plays with a pin in his wrist he will literally be the Wolverine.

16. TheresTheDagger

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Shams is legit, folks. &quot;Beverley... will test his left wrist in ball handling drills on Monday night.&quot; Stay tuned.
    <a href="https://t.co/aNi1NPipja">https://t.co/aNi1NPipja</a></p>&mdash; Ben DuBose (@BenDuBose) <a href="https://twitter.com/BenDuBose/status/600398628641988608">May 18, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

it's happening!!!!!!!

thx The Cat

18. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

I am so confused.

19. i3artow i3aller

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

even if bev is unable to play big minutes, even if he only comes off the bench for 3-5 spot minutes per game to hound curry -- it will be a huge mental lift for this team and will take some of the pressure off of terry/prigioni