1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season Five

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Commodore, Jul 27, 2014.

1. noscrusir

noscrusir Contributing Member

Ramsey Bolton is awesome! Hope he lives and fights his way to the top.

2. TheresTheDagger

HBO shows GoT like 10 times on different channels at different times Sunday night. Also, On demand and HBO GO are your friend, or if you have one...a DVR.

3. New Generation

I THINK the game is at 2:30, and the show is at 8. So shouldn't be any problems!

4. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

The gametime depends on who wins between Golden State and Memphis tonight. If Memphis wins they'll play at 2:30 and we'll play at 7.

On a completely unrelated note, for any Arrested Development fans, I just found this site.

http://arrestedwesteros.com/

5. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Why can't you ever find a **** merchant when you need one?

6. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Man I feel like the whole realm is just a pimple waiting to be popped at any moment. These last 4 episodes are going to be nuts.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

That ending was uncomfortable and unnerving

Rocket River

8. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

Adabisi: "A dwarf's **** has magic powers... The dwarf lives until we find a **** merchant."

So awesome.

9. Scolandry

Scolandry Member

The Sand Snakes seem to be important figures in the plot but they absolutely suck. Geez none of them can act to save their lives.

The exchange between Tyrion and the pirate was awesome!

The ending was uncomfortable to say the least. I can't believe there's only 4 more episodes left, what a bummer.

10. New Generation

Nice job

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Speculation. But ...

. Poor Bron. Sand snakes, donnish folx, known to poison their blades
    Like Oberlon did on The Mountain. So I suspect Bron is dying

Rocket River
    Every thing is new now

12. vator

vator Contributing Member

I agree. My wife asked me what was the matter with me after the show went off. I told her nothing really, but I found the ending to be unpleasant and that I didn't really like that they chose that direction. She then asked me didn't I already know that was going to happen from having read the books so I had to explain how far the show has deviated and is now on its own unique course.

13. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

It's following the book somewhat. It's just with a different girl.

14. TheresTheDagger

Favorite line of the night:

Bronn: "Ah for *****s sake!"

15. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

First, remember that this isn't the book thread. Although it probably doesn't matter now, you might not want to refer to the 2nd part of your post.

Second, the book kind of stopped short and left the rest of it to the imagination. The show went a little further and actually showed what their first encounter was like so I can see how even book readers might be bothered by it.

16. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Talk about a 180! I went from cheering for Sansa standing up for herself to watching in horror as Ramsay revealed the monster that he is.

Also, how about Littlefinger's plot! I missed him and Varys doing their thing.

17. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I liked that they showed Sansa's growth in not being manipulated to fear, but then they really knock her down with that ending.

And I'm real impressed with the actor playing Theon. I thought he was in torment when they panned away from Sansa, but his face got more and more wrenched as they went for his closeup.

The Sand Snakes plot felt pretty rushed. I hope that's not all that happens with that.

18. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

The Sand Snakes were just ok to start with, but they tried to kidnap Mycrella without any disguises, in broad daylight? Anybody from a mile would've recognised who they were.

Also, Queen Margaery being arrested? Jesus Tommen, you spineless idiot, you've got the Kings Guard on your side and you can't stop them taking away the Queen?

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Kinda expected Theon to kill Ramsay during that last scene, welp, maybe later.

And I agree with others, the Martell family cast is really poor. Pedro Pascal was so awesome in comparison and I was kinda hoping for the relatives to be at least a bit as great as he was. We should root for them because of the way Oberyn died, but they're lookin like spoiled brats that can't fight and lack any kind of charisma.

20. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

the entire Sand Snakes plotline they've made an utter mess of (it was weak in the books as well, but even worse in the show)