1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tracy McGrady | NBA After Dark

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Ron from the G, May 13, 2015.

1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

InB4 we beat the Clippers and TMAC changes his pick to win the finals to the Warriors.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He's the man alright.
    He's the man who lost 3 playoff series to teams that didn't go to the finals.

He's the man who played 20 playoff games for the rockets when real men like hakeem play 120.

He got traded by morey.
    Morey is the man.

3. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Harden has played more playoff games for the Rockets than McGrady. If we win this series, Dwight will have by the end of the playoffs.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is jinxing the Bulls, Grizz so far... hahaha, maybe he understands the Curse. DD does.

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Tracy McGrady should show up to tomorrow's game wearing his old Orlando Magic jersey to remind Doc Rivers of the time that Doc's Orlando team was up 3-1 on the Pistons and lost 3 straight.

1 person likes this.
  6. DirtyDizzil

DirtyDizzil Member

the valley girl is annoying

7. rocketblood713

I thought this chick was gonna be sexy

8. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

T-Mac was never a leader, full stop. He was never the man either. Yao Ming was the man on that team. T-Mac was the boy trying to wear his father's breeches. T-Mac was the guy that threw his teammates, his fans, and ultimately his team under the bus. Again, T-Mac just wanted the fame and the money, but none of the responsibility that came with being a franchise player.

Also, I am not being condescending, I am being truthful. If I wanted to be condescending, I would have called your post the embodiment of the denial and idiocy that T-Mac fans so often embrace. You are right though, you can spout whatever nonsense you want, just know that it was completely untrue, which is the point of my response to you.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The advice I have for you is: Do NOT follow down the path Tinman took

Obsession is never a good thing

10. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

took 39 minutes for Tinman's first response. I swear the dude just lurks the site 24/7 just waiting for T-Mac to be mentioned so he can repeat himself again.

Fair to say he cares more about McGrady then he does the current Rockets squad. He has become a parody of himself.

11. chenjy9

Supporting Member

I am not obsessed with T-Mac, I just strongly dislike him. The only player I hold more disdain for than T-Mac was Scottie Pippen and maybe Fisher. The only time I ever remember T-Mac is when someone brings him up and then I get angry thinking about what a disappointment and diva he was. I don't start threads about him, I don't comment on his highlight videos, hell I actually completely forgot about him until this thread popped up.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, I never liked Clarence Weatherspoon. But I rarely or never talk about him. Or Stromile Swift. Or Budinger. Or Or Or

13. il italiano

il italiano Member

yah man cant take this argument seriously at all. its so biased and extreme theres no point to argue with this. You, like tinman, exaggerate all the negatives of tmac and ignore the positive. Forgot this bit of history?, "It's on Me"

Was Tmac perfect? of course not. But jesus try to evaluate him fairly and without bias. What the hell did he do to you two to take it so personally and, at least with tinman, vilify him at every opportunity his name is mentioned.

14. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Again, I don't talk about him unless someone brings him up. I hate Rafer, Bonzi, V-Span, Budinger, Swift, Fisher, Pippen, and Ariza as a primary/secondary option, but you don't ever see me talking about them.

You are spouting nonsense again. I have talked about his positives many, many times even when I started to really dislike him. I have said so many times that he had incredible talent and could have been the best guard/forward to down in history, even better than Jordan or Lebron. He was intelligent, he was talented, and athletic, but all that is completely useless when you are lack leadership, guts, and heart and finally quit on the team. I can stomach that from role players, but when a franchise player does that, I will never, ever forgive or forget.

I dislike T-Mac because he quit on the Rockets as a franchise player. I dislike him because he decided to get surgery without telling his coach or the front office, most likely to sabotage us trying to trade him. I dislike him for his Heineken Corona rant. I dislike him for deciding to take himself out of lineups at the last second, forcing an injured Ron Artest to rush himself back in. I dislike him for acting like a pouting, piece of crap, baby his last year here, from lying about being 100% ready to play to accusing the team of keeping him benched for the insurance money.

15. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Again, if you want to see a star being "The Man" watch Yao in the tunnel grimacing in pain before coming back in. Watch a sick Harden carrying the team with a triple double to win a Game 5. Watch Dwight get back up again and again after getting absolutely hammered, often without fouls called. T-Mac was a great player, but he was never a man or a leader in any degree. Thinking otherwise is simply laughable.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I agree. But he was leader in his Darfur campaign.

A man does not have to be remembered as a leader in basketball. He can be off the court.

What he lacked on the court, he is trying to be off the court. A lot of the ex players go bankrupt and are into drugs (I am looking at you, Francis)

and Tmac is showing he is apparantly smart at preparing for a gig after sports.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Look, I get what you are saying about his questionable career and his waste of talent.

But hey his career is over. The man is trying to re-invent himself.

Let us talk about his career in Television or being a business man. :p:cool:

I mean why not?

18. tinman

Supporting Member

Badass post Carl!

19. tinman

Supporting Member

Yeah, but this is not about off the court contributions. this is the GARM, but you want to know Dikemebe Mutumbo has been leading teams out of the first round and helping Africans build hospitals.

Steve Francis and his drug/alcohol problem? you have to go there to prop up your hero Tmac?

sad.

20. tinman

Supporting Member

I care about the truth, when people post lies.

McGrady shouldn't even be a topic in the 2nd round . ever.