1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MIA/HOU???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by blaqnitti, Jul 29, 2003.

Tags:
  1. blaqnitti

blaqnitti Member

If Miami signs L. Odom, as has been speculated, do you think they would then be inclined to consider this:

K. Cato, E. Griffin, G. Rice to MIA
    C. Butler, B. Grant to HOU

It addresses Miami's need for a center and to clear the logjam at SF if they sign L. Odom.
    It would satisfy our need for an athletic and capable starting SF and banger/rebounder at the 4.
    And I believe the salaries come close enough (give or take a 2nd round pick or so).

What are your thoughts?

2. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

caron butler is stupid, delusional, cocky, stupid again, and a ballhog.

i'd rather have 2 mobleys than a caron butler.

he actually said that he's going to pretend in his own world that he won the roty award.

3. blaqnitti

blaqnitti Member

Confidence is not cocky.
    Who you want a player who didn't believe in himself?
    Plus there is no denying the guy's talent and potential.
    (Add to that that heis better than any 3 we have on our current roster)

4. blaqnitti

blaqnitti Member

2002-2003 stats:

C. Butler 2.7 apg

J. Posey 2.2 apg

Surely J. Posey was no ball hog!?!:p

BTW, trade accepted!;)

#4 blaqnitti, Jul 29, 2003
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2003
  5. munco

munco Member

the Heat would not do that deal. Last I checked Butler was the cornerstone of their rebuilding. i understand liking the guys on your team, but some of these trade proposals just overflate the value of guys like the Cat and Cato to another level.

6. codell

codell Contributing Member

I like how posters here continue to insinuate that Miami might, just might let us rape them in a trade like this because of Jones and/or Grant's contracts.

Very lopsided.

7. MysticRyder

MysticRyder Member

My thought is this. I am sick and tired of the get Odem trade talks. He is not what the Rockets need. Too many injuries and a dope addict no thanks.

:D :D :D :D :D

8. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

for all these people obsessed with brian grant, eddie jones, caron butler, lamar odom or whoever else, go check out the ESPN boards, i'm sure people would love to discuss your trade ideas

9. dn1282

dn1282 Member

:rolleyes: If you actually watched any of the rockets games, you wouldn't sound as ridiculous as you sound with this post. If assists were a measure of how much of a ballhog you are, then 80% (all players except point guards) would be labeled as "ballhogs".