1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lunging forward and flailing of the arms by James Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RESINator, May 11, 2015.

1. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

Barnes has his arm on Harden's shooting arm when he tried to draw the foul. I don't see what's foolish about that. Duncan is applauded for the same tactic.

2. Acedude

Acedude Contributing Member

Exhibit B: http://gfycat.com/DrearyWateryBernesemountaindog

Look at Redick's arm motions and you'll realize how stupid it is to play and watch Harden's style of basketball. This is pathetic when you have enough talent to score on people in the first place.

Instead, you risk a turnover and end up looking like a clown.

3. theredbackpack

he's definitely being held. if anything, harden sold it ~too much. it's a foul.

leave it to the internet to take one of harden's plays and point and laugh that he sucks. it's infuriating.

4. Play07

Play07 Member

-his first game and first season with the rockets he was a animal, he never looked for the foul first. He noticed they started giving him fouls more season after, so his game started to be tailored to that. Then he started trying to cook and pull up jumper more vs driving and finish

-thats why it confuses me when people say "hes only 25 he will get better" well at 23 watch this.. he needs to go back to his young self.

-also when you watch this you notice every thing was streched out because we had PFs that could shoot, lane is easier to get in like this. LANE IS CLOGGED up now but Ive been preaching this about morey and lack of shooting PF since ppat and Morris left for years now.

-but paul pierce finishing better than harden nawh bro

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cCAFdBWuNhw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. ksny15

ksny15 Member

The most infuriating thing about Harden is absolutely no body can stop him 1 vs 1 yet he is being completely hesitant to even take his man off the dribble. And he CAN finish with the best at the damn rim ( see the Cleveland game ) so I just don't understand his trying to always draw fouls crap. Just finish the damn play and move on.

6. Play07

Play07 Member

one more thing, harden use to cuff the ball drive through traffic then finish, now he looks for the contact throws arms out doesnt look to finish

but look again at the spacing this team had, if they kicked out the ball, it was shooters everywhere to just throw the ball around wing to

hate morey went away from this spacing it was bread and butter "hint how they use to always blow teams out"

just watch the video I posted

7. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

I think Harden got exposed with his way of drawing fouls. Give the Clippers credit for the way they defend Harden - Keep their hands down when Harden shoots or attempts to drive. It's really clear Harden is just trying to draw fouls, he needs to realize that and just try to score instead of flops.

His way of playing basketball is disgraceful, yet he is capable of playing truly amazing basketball

8. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

Dats Racist.

9. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Is it really Harden's fault if that type of contact is called during the season and then suddenly not called during the playoffs? I feel like we're letting the NBA and Refs off the hook. I mean is the 24 sec clock 24 in the regular season but 20 in the playoffs? Are long 2s 2pts during the season but 3s in the playoffs? Doesn't make sense to me and why as fans we put up with it blows my mind. Playoff basketball is still NBA basketball, it shouldn't be any different.

10. Acedude

It's Harden's fault because Clippers have figured out how to defend Harden without being baited into fouling. He can flail all he want but if defender isn't giving him the arm contact then there's no fouls to call.

He needs to just ****ing play the game.

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

There have been plenty of bad non-calls. The Clips (just like the Jazz) are getting away with a lot of holding and grabbing. The times they don't get called, they are releasing really quickly and raising their arms. They are fooling the refs, as much as you say Harden has.

Is every call correct? Is that what you are saying? Because I'm not saying that Harden doesn't fool refs too, so just quit selling some narrative on this bbs that the Clips are playing clean defense on Harden on every drive of his.

12. Acedude

The issue lies in that Harden currently base his ENTIRE game on drawing fouls.

When he can't draw fouls (regardless of it's clean defense or incompetent refs), he gets reduced to the role of a facilitator.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

13. HardenHardon

HardenHardon Member

You are spot on. It is the inherent flaw in basing your entire game on a gimmick, rather than talent or ability.

14. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

You are wrong. Harden uses fouls to open up his game but he is a very good penetrator, passer, and shooter. He has to be more confident in his game and stop playing the flop game.

15. Acedude

We're not disagreeing.

Harden can do all of that; his current approach to the game indicates otherwise. That's my biggest complaint.

He's opting to play the minigame instead of the game itself.

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

You will get a lot more respect on this BBS if you stop exaggerating -- just ask DD.
    "ENTIRE" yeah right. I hope you don't actually believe that or anything close to that.

17. Acedude

It is close to that. "Entire" is might be an exaggeration, but it's not by much. I do stand by what I said.

It's an issue when you're so worried about creating contact that you would rather risk turnovers over making a basket. It's also an issue when you don't get calls, other facets of your game deteriorates as well, most troubling are the effort level and defensive focus.

Harden has had enough playoff experience now to know that refs won't bail him out. Yes he's 25, but I have yet to see how he 1. change his game in the playoffs 2. step up and embrace the challenge when the team faces adversity and 3. show that he cares with his body language. We all see his emotions when the team is rolling and he's on fire, but where is it when the team is down, frustrated, and needs leadership the most? I'm tired of seeing him elbows in, hands up, and looking for the nearest referee.

If leaving OKC and leading his own team is what he truly wants, then he needs to be better.

18. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

lol I thought i was tripping because I saw Barns right arm on top of Hardens LEft arms as he was attempting to bring the ball up in a shooting motion. I watched it on my DVR about 6 times slow motion......That was a foul lol But I'm here to debate it; pointless 3-1 and that's not the reason were are down anyway.

19. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

What the ****.. This was just 3 seasons ago. Harden looks so much faster. His style seems so lazy now compared to this.

20. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I been saying that for 2 seasons now