1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lunging forward and flailing of the arms by James Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RESINator, May 11, 2015.

1. malakas

malakas Member

Griffin Flops. CP3 flops. Barnes is a dirty scumbag. No need to preach to me.
    However they don't get the calls they get in the regular season. In the regular season they would call a foul to Griffin's oponent EVERY SINGLE time he flailed his arms. Not this offseason. It's not onesided reffing that favours only the Clippers and more importantly it's a sorry excuse to justify the results of this series. Its just that that team has all floppers so the refs will fall for more than they would fall for another team that lacks flopping.

If it's any team the refs have been helping this offseason it's the Bulls. And they also helped the Spurs. I say this as a Clippers hater.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Battier would DESTROY Harden, James needs to adjust the NBA has adjusted to his style, he needs to stop trying to draw a foul and FLOPPING and start trying to just make a basket.

He needs to do his job and let the refs do theirs.....

He has been extremely successful during the regular season gaming the refs, but in the playoffs, when good coaches can scheme against him, he is going to struggle - he needs a plan B.

DD

1 person likes this.
  3. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Almost? It IS the bread and butter of his game. His biggest games comes when he has 12+ FTs. Look at his stat line from his second game as a Rocket.

4. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

That's an inflated stat in itself. Curry gets to the line a lot. LeBron and Jordan did their fair share there too. The issue that Harden suffers from is that when he isn't getting the calls he quits, it's mental, it's 100% in his head.

5. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Harden likes to take what the defense gives him, but the problem currently is that the Clips aren't giving him anything. What's worse is that he's showing an inability to take what he wants and impose his will. Not a good look for him or his team.

I thought he would do better this year, and maybe he still will. But until he does... I don't want to hear any MVP/Best SG/Unstopable talk with him as the subject. That crap doesn't mean anything when the team you lead is getting thier asses handed to them during the playoffs.

I'm still a fan, but I'm going to be honest. James and this team havent earned ****. So next season, when they aren't getting the coverage you'd like to see. Or when sports talk is all about the Texans. Think back to this past weekend and reasses.

Let's see if they can right the ship tomorrow night. But if they don't, then they deserve all the scrutiny that comes thier way.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

curry definitely doesn't get to the line alot. that's not a strength in his game as it is in JH's

7. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

I think a lot of what you see is the frustration of feeling like he's not getting calls when he doesn't accentuate the contact... and the frustration of being guarded aggressively, with a lot of doubling. Wrap that up with a couple of losses, and his style definitely being harder to depend on against very good teams, and you get just that... frustration.

The refs haven't been enough to make us lose, but they've been bad enough to frustrate us into playing like we can't win.

Thing is, he seems to forget he is pretty awesome and should be able to rise above it and make the defense pay one way or another ,but the first two games saw such sloppy passing and such poor shooting that I think a feeling of futility is setting in more than it should.

We're better than this, but it doesn't mean we deserve a win, just that we should be better at earning them.

8. HardenHardon

HardenHardon Member

Amazing and unique skill? It is a gimmick. Nothing more.

9. ibm

ibm Member

i dont think its a gimmick. it may not be enjoyable to watch, but it isnt a gimmick. overall, the vast majority of the calls he gets are legit.

10. sun12

sun12 Member

Not exactly. Clippers defenders do not use their hands, instead they put their hands on their own back when they defend Harden. It is too tough for referees to call fouls.

Next season, you are going to see more teams following Clippers' strategy.

11. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

Shhhh. It will all be over soon.

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Austin Rivers looks more like the runner-up to the MVP than James Harden right now.

13. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

I agree. Barnes was subtly hand checking him, and Harden went up through the hand check. It's a foul, but if the refs don't call it, it looks like smart defense. Barnes pulling back his hands after the contact makes him look guilty.

14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I think it's time for some fans on the BBS to accept that Harden isn't an athletic strong finisher. He isn't going to make fancy reverse lay ins or dunk ON(not around) defenders like Westbrook or Kobe in his prime. Almost all of his game is grounded. Paul Pierce was even a stronger and more crafty finisher.

15. thirdengine

thirdengine Member

Hopefully this series will make Harden be more aggressive in attacking the basket and not trying to draw fouls. We know he can finish strong at the rim. He seems to learn and improve every year and I think this can be one of his focuses going into the off-season.

16. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Harden needs to work on his post game. As soon as he develops this teams won't be able to to do what their doing to him now. Now sg and really no sf can guard him in the post besides Lebron he's just too strong and too fast. He needs to bully his way to the hop and get easy buckets if there going to take all his other options away.

I know hardens the best player on the team and deserves most of the blame but the team as a whole has been hot garbage tjones SUCKS if never seem a pro miss so many lay ups. Dud should be getting almost 20 ppg this series if he would make his simple lay in around the hoop he getting good looks. Don't get me started in smith I can't tell if he's throwing a lob or trying to make the shot but he's bricking everything around the hoop. I also don't know why we haven't seen more Dwight and harden pick n rolls. It's like the completely abandoned this after the Dallas series.

17. rocketmc

rocketmc Member

i doesn't he use the pump fake much more.

18. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

Playoff James Harden just dont give a **** about anything they say, they do

19. egr281

egr281 Member

I cant believe noone is bringing up Hardens ball handling skills, this is the key thing that is keeping him from becoming truly great. This is the reason someone like JJ Red-Dick can stay in front of him, even in that clip you can see Barnes is able to slide his feet and stay with harden because hes so weak going right. If Harden isnt running downhill and utilizing his eurostep he has a hard time getting around defenders because he cant blow by his man at full speed without fumbling the ball hence why he uses that step back so much. Out of all the allstar shooting guards he has the weakest ball handling skills of them all, and even with that said he has been able to tear up the league. Imagine if he had ball handling skills like a lebron or a T-mac.

20. imaginedragons

yup, good body control, ok body strength but athleticism nowhere near elite. he has enough of an all around game to thrive and produce at an elite level, at least in the regular season.

the comparison to pierce is apt, because maybe that's who harden has to look at. stats and productivity wise they are very much comparable, maybe harden even has the edge, prime yrs vs prime yrs, but pierce has the mental makeup and the leadership abilities to bring both his own game and his teammates' games up several notches for the playoff grind. harden essentially remains the same - regular season or playoffs - for the past few years, and this has obviously not worked to meet the playoff demands. will he get there? it all starts with self awareness, and he is young enough to do a gut check and reinvent himself