1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who quit on the Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, May 11, 2015.

?

Did you quit on the Rockets during Game 4?

1. Yes - I quit on them. They do not deserve my time and support

35.2%
  2. No - I did not quit on them. I'm a homer for life.

53.5%
  3. I like to be self humiliated and I was just watching the game for the lolzzzzzzz

11.4%
  1. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Stop saying they're more physical than us. Redick and Rivers are not strong enough to shut down James Harden. DeAndre is Dwight's equal in size and strength, but he shouldn't be manhandling the Rockets on the offensive boards.

You want the entire series summed up in one play? Go back and watch the beginning of the 2nd half last night. Chris Paul is allowed to limp into the lane uncontested and comes up short on a floater over Dwight. 3 other Rockets just stand around staring at Dwight as Paul grabs his own miss and the Clippers get 2 more shots before DeAndre finally tips it in.

They're not weaker physically than the Clippers. They're just being outhustled. LA wants it more than the Rockets.

2. torocan

torocan Member

I didn't quit on the Rockets, but I definitely quit on some of the players.

Win or lose, show some F'ing pride.

I remember a long time ago the team I was on was playing against the defending City Champs. We knew we were outclassed in the first 10 minutes. We put our heads together and agreed that win or lose, they weren't going to run over us like B****s.

They were going to have to fight for it.

That was the hardest our team every played. Everyone on the team stepped up their game and put their bodies on the line. Even the worst players on the team found another gear.

We lost that game, but at least we walked into the locker room with our heads held high.

How many of the Rockets last night could say the same?

3. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

[​IMG]

4. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

The rockets who?

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I recorded the game and started watching at about 8:00. I was also recording Game of Thrones; my wife watches that with me but she was talking with relatives long-distance, so I thought, Yep, we'll watch it later.

Got a text from Plowman as I was still catching up to the third quarter (again, I was watching the game as it was recording, but Plowman thought I was watching live). One word only he wrote: PATHETIC.

So I checked the score on my NBA App. Oh s***. Looked at the game live. Watched a couple minutes and it got worse.

"Honey, time to watch GoT."

"And what about the Rockets? How are they doing?"

I showed her the score.

"Oooooohh," she said. "But I told you, when they gave McHale the three year extension, my heart fell, he just---he's bad, he's just lost."

Truer words. We might have been competitive with Dmo and Pat, but oh well.

But another offseason, another ray of hope, right? I stick it out year after year.

GoT was excellent, by the way, despite too much Ramsay Bolton.

6. rocketsmetalspd

I am glutton for punishment will never quit on the team no matter what happens every season that is my fault. True homer is what I am when it comes to the Rockets!

7. conquistador#11

I might have probably watched GOT.

8. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I didn't watch the 4th but I haven't quit on them. I have started thinking about our off season plans tho

9. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

If you mean not watching the game when I flipped over to it to see we were 20+ down, then I plead "guilty" your honor. I know non-watchable basketball when I see it and I'm not a glutton for punishment. I applaud all you "thank you, sir, may I have another!" folks who watched the whole game.

10. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

I don't think turning the game off and calling it a night means you quit as a fan, that just means your not delusional that they can come back and win this. I'll be watching game 5 but don't expect anything different. Honestly I don't even expect much of a fight. I think they have lost already and have mentally gave up. They will come out and play just because they have to but expect another blowout win by the clippers in humilating fashion in our own home court. Expect the fans to start booing around the 3rd quarter and half the arena to be empty by the end of the game. I fully expect this and am not being dramatic. This needs to signal significant changes in the offseason and if that means eating Mchale salary than so be it. It was a knucklhead of a move to extend him before seeing how this year turned out. They should know there was a chance of major post season failure. I dont want to hear anyone in the organization talk about us getting to the 2nd round as improvement. It's not improvement when you lay down and get raped in the 2nd round.

11. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Actually I take it back, you will still see some suits in the front row on their cell phones and trying to close some business deals while the rockets are down by 33 and Austin Rivers is putting up 35 points and nailing 3s.

12. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Nah. It's just basketball. Wish they were playing better, but... they're not.

Had hoped our depth would prove an advantage, but between injuries depleting us and the role players not playing particularly well, taking our stars out of the game is proving too much to handle in LA. I still think we haven't played our best, and that hackajordan was incredibly difficult to watch especially when we couldn't capitalize, but it's not looking like they'll find the mojo to make this happen in time. I'd like them to prove me wrong, but signs not pointing that way right now.

I'll watch every minute, but the last couple have been hard.

13. Acedude

Acedude Contributing Member

It's not the players' fault that they weren't coached to play disciplined basketball all year.
    It's not the players' fault that coaches didn't emphasize on turnovers and defense.
    It's not the players' fault that they don't have set of plays to run when jumpers stopped falling.
    It's not the players' fault that very few adjustments were made between games.
    It's not the players' fault that ZERO adjustments were made in-game.
    It's not the players' fault that they did everything they were coached to do, and that wasn't enough to win.

I quit on this coaching staff.

Looking back at my posts made in the "Fire McHale" thread back in 2012... I'm amazed he still has a job, but I won't be surprised if he's back, again.

Let's go Rockets.

14. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

84 minutes to complete a 24 minute half of basketball. So thrilling watching players walk up the court to the free throw line. No watch any mo. TEAM game just disappeared. Coaches are getting out coached badly. Not entertaining whatsoever.

15. Flop

Flop Member

You guys are over-dramatic. The Clippers are and always have been a better team. The +/- against them in the 20 games we have played them since James Harden arrived is well over -300 points I am sure.

D-Mo and Bev would help us lose by 10-15 less, that is all. We do not have anyone who can stop CP3 penetration and it breaks down our defense leading to either a wide open 3, or dunk at the rim (lob or not). I really took Beverley for granted.

16. Buzzlite

Buzzlite Member

I watched it with some hope that we would come back...I don't know if that's homerism,stupidity, or a combination of both :(

17. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

good lord what a disaster thread.

They are coming home to Houston with the home crowd. They have a good shot at getting the W. After that they just have to win one very hard road game. Most teams don't lose game 7 at home.

You guys are so dramatic. They have a really bad game after a very fantastic season. Stop being so selfish and deal with the disappointment and keep rooting for them until they are out.

It blows my mind how many times threads like this show up on a website that is named after a team that came back to win a series after being counted out by their home town and many fans. This thread would be called Choke City if this was 1994.

18. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

What have you seen from this team to make you think they have a good shot at getting the win?

And it's not that they have had just one really bad game (and not just bad, but record-breaking bad), but 3 horribly bad games with no answer.

I want to believe in this team, but honestly, they don't even believe in themselves right now. I'll keep rooting for them and hoping beyond hope that the Rockets will find a way to win, but it's really not that hard to see why some fans would quit on this series.

19. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

...They don't even look like a d-league team against the clippers. Thats how badly they are being outcoached and gameplanned. The rockets look like a 1 trick pony.

20. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Quit on McHale last year. Not much has changed to reevaluate that.

Quit on Harden ever being an above avg defender.

Haven't quit on the Rockets and looking forward to next year, hopefully without McHale.

But I admit, I didn't watch the last 2 4th quarter (well, peaked in a few times).

I expect them to win G5. For G6, they should do something unimaginable.

(I wish the Rockets notify the League about the holding onto defender on some many of those Clippers pick and the Ref start taking note of those -- the calls for the last two games have been biased against the Rockets ---- and of course McHale never call them out during or after)