1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[The Last Optimist] One game at a time.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DreamShook, May 11, 2015.

Tags:
  1. newAge_Rockets

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Haven't been able to win in LA either (postseason)

Logical would be we somehow beat LA at home and then get behind 23 points in Game 6, only to cut back within 10 to 8 or 9 and for the drama folks,

Austin Rivers scoring 12 points in the last 5 minutes

That is a screenplay

3. dreamshake97

dreamshake97 Member

Good God this fanbase is full of aggys bad..

Where do I begin.... Ok, you know if this team was getting beat on last second jumpers I would understand the optimism but after two straight blowouts I really don't see where you or anyone thinks this team can win a game let alone the freaking series!!! It's embarrassing and maddening that our leader plays with no heart and our coach pulls a epic fail strategy of hack a jordan and after 27 ft attempts we are still losing at the half.. It's brutal and pathetic to watch.. Even after game 2 I knew the writing was on the wall because we had played 8 qtrs of basketball up to that point and been thoroughly beaten in 7 of them and had 1 good qtr at the right time and then we are told on a podcast by mk bower and clutch to stfu and give mchale and harden credit! Hahaha.. That is aggyesque at its best! We are picking nats out of horse ****! Mchale is in way over his head and harden just doesn't have the heart or leadership capabilities to lead a franchise to a title!

Rant over
    Series over
    On to next season of the same crap.. Great regular season, look like confused idiots in the post season.

1 person likes this.
  4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Double digit Rockets win on Tuesday. Book it.

5. Rox_Mayhem

Rox_Mayhem Member

Clutch City!!!

6. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I want to believe. I really do.

7. SamFisher

What kind loser pretend Rockets fan lets his appreciation of a playoff series be dictated by "perception"

Be a man, Kwame, form your own opinion. Take off those double-wide clown shoes.

Don't be the kind of wussy little nancy boy who has to bow down to "perception", especially given how abjectly terrible you are at interpreting it

8. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

LEts GOO!!!

9. roidrage

roidrage Member

This team is awful leggo

10. lexled

lexled Contributing Member

Backs truly against the wall now, lets see how the Rockets respond. Will they go cowardly into the off season, or will they fight?

I love the Rockets. Even though theyve played like crap and Im very disappointed, they are still my team. I'll never give up.

There's a game to play on Tuesday, and its in Houston. Fight.

11. Play07

Play07 Member

I remember we were down 0-3 to OKC and I went to the game couldn't even sell lowers for $80 each, and we came out with a win. they won in OKC then came back home loweres were going for $200+ then

I think they will win tomorrow just like that can they win in LA is the question

12. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

That was a little different. There was no pressure on the Rockets in that series. Everyone expected them to lose(especially after going down 3-0), so they were playing with house money. Plus OKC was missing Westbrook which allowed the Rockets a glimmer of hope to at least win a couple games.

With this Rockets team, there's a ton of pressure. They were expected to contend for a title, not get their asses kicked in the 2nd round in this manner. If they lose at home in Game 5(especially if it's ugly), there could be a lot of changes this offseason. And guys like Harden and Howard will be ridiculed all summer for the way their team flamed out in the playoffs.

13. Marteen

Marteen Member

Talk about motivation. If you don't show heart, you go home. That's as big as it gets.

14. lionaire

lionaire Member

We got this!

15. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Hope spot?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_1994_WCS_PHO-HOU.html

Conference Semifinals
    (2) Houston Rockets vs. (3) Phoenix Suns: Rockets win series 4–3
    Game 1 @ The Summit, Houston (May 8): Phoenix 91, Houston 87
    Game 2 @ The Summit, Houston (May 11): Phoenix 124, Houston 117 (OT)
    Game 3 @ America West Arena, Phoenix (May 13): Houston 118, Phoenix 102
    Game 4 @ America West Arena, Phoenix (May 15): Houston 107, Phoenix 96 (Kevin Johnson's famous dunk on Hakeem Olajuwon)
    Game 5 @ The Summit, Houston (May 17): Houston 109, Phoenix 86
    Game 6 @ America West Arena, Phoenix (May 19): Phoenix 103, Houston 89
    Game 7 @ The Summit, Houston (May 21): Houston 104, Phoenix 94 (The Rockets become the second team to win a playoff series after losing the first 2 games at home.)
    Last Playoff Meeting: This is the first meeting between the Rockets and Suns.

16. thejav

thejav Member

none what so ever..i dont see multiple 30 pt loses in that series..we are just being outclassed in every way possible..

17. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

Then why can't we ever seem to go on a run?

18. SamFisher

You're showing your age - Game 2 was the single worst playoff loss in franchise history.

19. YallMean

YallMean Member

We have got beaten. The fact that they need to beat us 4 times is just a random number set by NBA. We have been beaten.

20. jogo

jogo Member

I was going to post this but you beat me to it. Nice.

It is unlikely that we will win this series. But it is not impossible.

The next year in 1995 we were down to the Suns 1-3. KJ or someone wrote "No way" (they lose to Houston) on the blackboard after they were up 3-1. We won and then championship. If we had the mentality of many posters here then I guess we should have just given up this back-to-back championship?

(2) Phoenix Suns vs. (6) Houston Rockets: Rockets win series 4-3

Game 1 @ America West Arena, Phoenix (May 9): Phoenix 130, Houston 108
    Game 2 @ America West Arena, Phoenix (May 11): Phoenix 118, Houston 94
    Game 3 @ The Summit, Houston (May 13): Houston 118, Phoenix 85
    Game 4 @ The Summit, Houston (May 14): Phoenix 114, Houston 110
    Game 5 @ America West Arena, Phoenix (May 16): Houston 103, Phoenix 97 (OT)
    Game 6 @ The Summit, Houston (May 18): Houston 116, Phoenix 103
    Game 7 @ America West Arena, Phoenix (May 20): Houston 115, Phoenix 114 (Mario Elie's game-winning "Kiss of Death" three-pointer with 7.1 seconds left)