1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The reason for this humiliating Game 1, 3, 4,....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Exiled, May 10, 2015.

1. Exiled

Exiled Member

We played with " no energy.."

:grin:

2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

"just show some pride and Passions Harden"

"why doesn't he just "take over" like super stars do"

"why isn't he being a better leader"

"they wanted it more"

3. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Clap clap clap!

[​IMG]

4. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

How about the clips are just flat out better than us. Nothing harden would have dome tonight would have turned the 30 point defecit. They are coming out at the beginning of each Ge ready to play hard but something happens in the 3rd quarter of every game vs the clippers where they just break down mentally and stop executing.

5. houseofglass21

Harden hasn't shown up once this series.

6. Yodels

Yodels Contributing Member

Howard needs to stop helping. He needs to stay home on DJ.

Also he hasn't learned the art of fake helping as a shot blocker. Fake/Intimidate the driver and anticipate the pass.

The players need to man up. Also have some respect for JJ Redick--need to stick to him like glue.

7. TheresTheDagger

Somewhere, someplace....

Rick Adelman is saying...you fired me for this?

[​IMG]

8. OpenLayup-Why3?

Game 2 was no different. Clippers won 3 quarters in that game, we just got lucky to win it.

9. Exiled

Exiled Member

Lol

I lost count of how many games teams scored 100+ point on us . You can't win with no D. , and mid-core O

10. Yodels

Yodels Contributing Member

May be we need to post up Harden to get him going.

11. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

This series is about match ups and they favor the Clippers.

PG - Rivers & CP3 Vs old and older. Advantage Clippers by a longshot , Clippers best player Vs worst defender.

SG - Harden Vs Redick & often Barnes - Advantage Rockets tho the Clippers can limit the damage with a good defender on the Rockets best player.

SF - Ariza Vs Barnes - I call this one about even.

PF - Griffin Vs Jones or Smith - No contest , advantage Clippers. Griffin gets what he wants when he wants.

C - Howard Vs DJ - Advantage Rockets but its slight as DJ can minimize the damage Howard is able to do and gets easy buckets himself.

Bench - If you woulda asked me before this series I'd have said advantage Rockets but those guys have been handled by the Clips bench.

Don't forget about the officials , they are wearing Clippers jerseys too .... They let the Clippers be very physical with the Rockets very early but didn't let the same things go on the other end. Dwert ends up on the bench & Harden cant buy a call.

Griffin gets big bucks for endorsing Kia .... the official car of the NBA. He cant foul anyone! (Reggie) Oh the Clippers are doing such a great job of not reaching on Harden <insert replay here> Oh that was a foul.
    I saw three instances the Rockets attempted to intentionally foul DJ & the refs just refused to call it - Two by TJones (man is he getting owned) and one by Capela.

12. Exiled

Exiled Member

I agree with the assets,net of who's better @ every position .BUT..

When Dwight defend D.J+ Griffin and sometimes ChrisPaul, then this team has D problem as if not all people noticed .

After this series even Austin River became >>> Harden

The Rockets were clueless on O. Helpless on D.
    Sticky ball , ISO mode hurt this team more than the Clip did.
    I hope McHale can become player assistant coach and let someone else run the shows.

Steve Kerr made a good team excellent , an Ok PG into an MVP etc , we need just a competent coach at least

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Coaching isn't the issue - or not the only issue - we lack the talent.

14. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

There's a reason Pop ran his stretch 4 unit as much as he possibly could against the Clippers

15. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Missing DMo really hurts ... Offensively he opens things up for Harden and can make Griffin work defending in the post while having enough length to cause him some problems on the other end rather than the free for all Jones & Smith have allowed him.

The fact that McHale has Ariza and Harden are switching onto Griffin on pick & rubs / rolls says a lot about the dire straights he sees them in defending that Kia representative. It's pretty much a lost cause to the same extent that Terry & Prigioni are in defending Rivers / CP3.

What makes it all so bad is that the Clippers have their two best defenders on the Rockets two best scoring options and they are able to be very physical.

16. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Curious if you think having PatBev & DMo is enough of a talent upgrade to even things out .... putting a sticky defender on the PG spot & someone who can bother Griffin & make him work on both ends .... DMo is a really under rated defender , really solid defending the post , in the pick & roll and when trapping / double teaming.

If not , what would you do to fix it in the offseason ?!

I have never liked McHales offense .... He's got two of the best talents in the league and getting very little out of it. I really miss Adleman , I loved watching that underdog team with a 6'8" center run the offense to perfection getting easy buckets & wide open looks .... McHales offense is tough to watch.

17. Asian Sensation

The guy that looks and plays like a bum.

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Calm down, it's just one game... wait, it's two... no, three...

19. daernoth

daernoth Member

There are a few things that Dmo does really well that none of the other pfs(or Howard) in the team do particularly well. One of those things is set really good picks for Harden. I'm really hoping he will come back even stronger next year.

20. demarco1

demarco1 Member

1. No team leader
    2. no coach
    3. No one hustle till the end
    4. nothing you can do, i would rather have hustle players rather then lazy one