1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Say what you want about these Rockets, but this team is going to be hard to close out

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dash, May 10, 2015.

1. Dash

Dash Member

Whether we may or not be down 1-3 after tonight, I still have more confidence in this team to overrcome a 1-3 deficit than any other Rockets' team in recent years. I mean, we've done it before right? :p

Regardless of everything else, this team still has all the experience needed to make a championship run...more experience than those Clippers and thats a huge underrated factor when it comes to close out games. Maybe its exactly the smack in the face we need to be down 1-3, and we'll have another Heart of a Champion run.

3 people like this.
  2. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

I agree...today would be a great win..but not end of the world if we lose....if we are down 3-1 we come back home and win game 5...then go back to LA...just need to steal one of the next 2 in LA and I'll take a game 7 at Toyota center!!

3. anthony1604

anthony1604 Member

we lose, this series is over lmao get over urself

4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Classic homer talk. The rockets have looked the worst out of all the 2nd round teams. They are the only team to have been blown out twice.

5. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

The effort this team has brought in this series would make them easy to close out. I tell you what, for however long the Rox are in the remainder of these playoffs, if they continue to bring the ****ty efforts, this city will start to become less interested in this team. The Texans will probably always rule no matter what they do and the Astros look like they are getting good again. The Rox will be at the bottom of Houston's sports totem pole before they know it. It's hard rooting for a team that has effort issues.

6. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

No way. If we lose, today, this one's over.

7. MattM

MattM Member

If this is how you truly feel then perhaps consider changing your signature!

8. dreamshake97

dreamshake97 Member

JFC!! This has to be a troll thread.. Rockets have looked like absolute doo doo this series, besides the 4th qtr in game 2 we would be down 3-0.. We have been thoroughly dominated thus far and only way we have any shot is to win tonight. Please stop with the dumb homer posts.. This is almost as bad as the last clutch fans podcast where we were told to watch ourselves for saying mcfail sucks but look at the next game.. Blow out.. They have been dominated for almost 10 1/2 qtrs out of 12 played..

9. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

I find it how comical how much of a bandwagon city this is...what makes it even worse is that the people on this site are the worst bandwagon fans beca use they jump on and off game by game...from when the OP started this thread to my post above, we had several people say it's over if we lose tonight....if we go down 3-1 and somehow still win the series, it will be these same people yelling at the top of their lungs Clutch City is back abd tell every body how they never stopped believing...it's pretty pathetix..and maybe some of us are Homers but to me I much rather be a Homer and ALWAYS believe rather than be a bandwagon fan...u guys are the worst class of fans...and don't give me that you are realist blah blah blah....u aren't a real fan..period..

#9 dreammvp, May 10, 2015
    Last edited: May 10, 2015
  10. dreamshake97

dreamshake97 Member

Stfu.. I was there in the 80's,90's,00's, and now and the last 20 years this team has done nothing but choke. Until they prove it on the court then most fans aren't gonna believe.. And news flash dumb ass, whether you believe or not has nothing to do if they win tonight and if it did then the rockets would win the title every year.

11. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Yeah, I thought they would have made this a much more difficult series too. They've essentially quit in 2 out of 3 games when the game was still very much winnable. There is absolutely no reason to believe they are going to suddenly turn it on. I hope they do, but just don't see them "getting it" all of a sudden.

12. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

It's hard to be optimistic right now. I applaud you.

13. adobo

adobo Member

I have been completely wrong about this team....they just have not showed up in this series.....instead of growing as you progress in the post season, they have totally gone backwards

I'm not as excited to watch the game today....will have a look, but will switch off when Clippers run away with it

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Uhhh....let's see how they perform. There is no reason to believe what you say to be true at the moment.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This is not about winning one or two playoff games anymore.

There are serious flaws with the team and the way they play.

Given that the regular season was rather a success, they won't change much....

Blind hope is not getting this team anywhere.....and those forced optimistic threads are too forced

16. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Thanks for the jinx. Look out for the 40 point blowout next game. :(

17. FEAR THE BEARD

If they lose this game then it's over. Our team hasn't played well all series, what makes you think they'll play well on Tuesday?

18. Dash

Dash Member

fck you doubters

19. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

leggoooo my boy dash

20. Dash

Dash Member

WUT I SAAAAY