1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"I thought you were all in"

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, May 7, 2015.

1. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

in before "culture of rape."

2. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

[​IMG]

3. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I was going to facepalm to that picture, but technically she is right. The no armed banded remains at large.

4. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

*Bandit

I cannot type at all today...

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Will be interesting to see if someone does get fired.....im not sure why they didn't script it as him being shocked and therefore not catching her, but then making sure she's ok. It was such an easy fix.

6. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

PETA cares more about animals than people

7. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Seriously? The commercial quite literally shows a guy getting upset about something his significant other does, hurting her without remorse, and then smugly boasting about it after she has apparently capitulated.

I agree that I don't see how people truly get outraged by marketing faux pas like this, but I still find it quite amazing that this probably went through a few levels of review with not one person thinking maybe it was a wee bit tasteless.

8. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

if it was Melissa Mccarthy the crowd would have went nuts with laughter.

9. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

You know what, if you can put together something legitimately funny, people will forgive you if it's a bit offensive. Pryor, Carlin, Rock, Louie CK, Chappelle, they get away with it... Because they're funny.

But if you're just some random d-bag in a marketing department, or hosting a shock-jock radio show, or just posting on twitter, and you go with something offensive? Unless that crap is legitimately funny, don't be surprised when there's negative backlash.

"It's just a joke!" isn't a defense with it's a bad joke.

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Yep, the tone of the United Healthcare commercial and the Cavs video are totally different.

The Cavs video would have offended no one had the guy been portrayed as dropping the woman out of surprise. Instead, he was portrayed as yelling at her for being a Bulls fan and acting like he was totally justified. And it seems like he threw that woman pretty hard, too-- she flew almost as far as Corey Brewer did after Lester Hudson bumped him.

I don't know if anyone needs to be fired, but between this and "arm sling giveaway" it does seem that the Cavs marketing department are rather out of step with the sensibilities of NBA fans. Maybe Cleveland residents are just different than the rest of us?

Speaking of the arm sling thing... I wonder who finally axed the idea. Maybe Kevin Love told them not to do it?

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

It depends which one you watch first. I watched the Healthcare commercial first, so I was expecting a woman to get injured. So, I didn't really see DV from that perspective, because I was expecting the guy to drop her. Both commercials clearly depict a woman flying at a man threw the air expecting to be count. And I agree the second one he doesn't drop her, but throws her. Would have been better if he just walked away and let her face plant, instead.

BUT I AM STILL #FAUXOUTRAGED!!!

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If it was a Clippers commercial, people would have thought the woman flopped.

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I was thinking about that . . . would people have been more accepting of that?

Rocket River

14. CCorn

CCorn Member

All they had to do was have him not catch her instead of throw her, and boom no problem.

15. Sajan

Sajan Member

the United healthcare commercial is HILARIOUS. I show it in my meetings and it gets the crowd going.

the cavs commercial missed the spot because he threw her and then yelled at her.

unable to catch fat lady running at you vs. throwing your gf across the room for being a bulls fan..

16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sensitive...

17. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Society is slowly being just plain b****es. Anyone who thinks this commercial is offending needs to grow up.

18. MemphisX

MemphisX Contributing Member

This is not true.

19. MemphisX

MemphisX Contributing Member

Also, if it were the woman doing it to the man it would be funny to all.

People are hypocrites and full of it. Fake outrage is at an all time high.

20. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

You should watch bill burrs stand up on Netflix as he makes fun of society in all his talking about this stuff. Latest one he jokes about people who form groups when they get upset.

His views on the sterling video, "it's a 80 year old rich white billionaire and people are blown away that he is racist"