1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Samsung Galaxy is a turd

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by hotballa, May 5, 2015.

1. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

My Samsung TV is going to turn into a turd?!?!?! Ayy...dios mio! :(

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

See, the fact that you know the codenames of each edition indicates that you are technical enough to use an Android phone. My grandma? Not so much, and wouldn't know how to update if you paid her.

You're the 'mechanic' that knows how to get the car running when it breaks down on the side of the road.

I mean all of this in a light-hearted, academic sort of way. Whatever works for you. :)

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Find me explicit examples between the most common smart phone tasks where android is more difficult than IOS in terms of dialing and finding contacts, sending and receiving text messages, browsing web etc.

Use latest versions of both.

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

LOL... my wife and two daughter all have stock S3 phones and none of them find them difficult to use. I might add my two daughters use their phones way more often, and for more different uses than I do.

5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Actually, recently, I couldn't see my massive exchange email folder tree with stock android mail app. I can see it with iOS. That was the deal breaker for me. I even tried some third party android apps with mixed results.

Total coincidence - this article on Android Fragmentation/ Broken Update popped up on my reddit feed just now. http://www.tomshardware.com/news/google-android-update-problem-fix,29042.html

6. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

Seems kind of silly to argue about. They're both good systems. But that last statement is the key –*each OS does things the other doesn't. iOS has some nice privacy features that allow you to disable specific things in each app from your settings menu.

5.1 has been out for a while; while not all OEMs have them, that's part of the admission to Android. Research your OEM –*if they don't put out updates quickly, perhaps buy a different phone. Motorola has historically been very fast, but they're really dragging their feet with 5.1. My next phone will be a Nexus as a result.

I still believe what I said before: if you want a more controlled, guided experience, get an iPhone. If you want something you can customize more to be exactly how you want it, choose Android.

But the days of iOS being more faster and more stable are long over. iOS 8, in particular, drove me to my first Android tablet and phone, and that's where I'm likely sticking. I should be very biased towards iOS, but I just can't honestly say it's any better than the competition anymore. It's just different.

7. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

Nexus devices still aren't immune to those delays. Some Nexus phones are updated way later than other ones. Hell, look at what Nexus 9 users are dealing with right now.

You want to stick with Android tablets? Even the most hardcore fanboys realize how far behind Android is in the tablet space.

8. wakkoman

Sending messages on Android devices is ridiculous. MMS was severely crippled, at least on T-Mobile. Pictures would sometimes go through, and then they would be shown as some sort of slideshow crap? Then you have 3 different apps to send a freaking text, with Hangouts being a total mess of an app. iMessage works way better than any solution Android has at this time.

9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Textra is the best MMS/SMS app for Android. MMS works fine on T-Mobile.

10. wakkoman

I had 2 Nexus phones on T-Mobile and MMS never worked well (using the stock messaging app)

11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

When you buy a iOS device who is the go to manufacturer you trust making iOS devices? Apple obviously, as it is the only choice given.

Apply that logic to android and this fragmentation dilemma would pretty much be solved. Buy a device that was sanctioned and designed by Google(Nexus).

There is nothing inherent about the code in android that causes 'fragmentation'. It has everything to do with it being open sourced thus allowing anyone to produce a android device.

I don't know about your exchange issue. My school uses gapps so everything syncs wonderfully for me.

Yes, I know the Nexus 9 is a few months late to the 5.1 party.

12. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

That's where you messed up.
    I never use stock anything.

13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just recently switched over to Apple.

So, so, so much more stable. I am so reluctant to say I like Apple, but their phones in my experience are just a better product. Rock solid...

14. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

They're also very good products. As long as you're happy with it, you made the right choice!

15. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

I'm totally switching to Apple Iphone once my contract is up. Was gonna get a Nexus but I'm tired of this Android r****dation.

16. droxford

droxford Member

We have Galaxy s4 phones and love 'em.

I do NOT want to go to the new S6 phones, though, because they have no removable battery and no SD card slot - my two favorite features.

Might go with S5 or Note4 as our next phones.

Oh - and I also have a Galaxy Tab 10.1 tablet which I'm vry happy with.

...gotta admit that I hate the bloatware.

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

so you are not going to try to fix your phone? this is dumb

18. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

I had one Samsung S3 and hated the TouchWiz. I never bought another Samsung phone after that. I stick to Nexus (pure Google) only. Those of you that are saying their products suck, you seem to keep getting them. Why would you do that?

19. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

On an iPhone 6+

20. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

End thread