1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Podcast: Trying to make sense of the Game 1 debacle

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 5, 2015.

1. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

That's fine and we all hope to see a different harden tomorrow and for the rest of the series.

But why should this happen at all? It's the 2nd Round! Some things are just incredibly inexplicable..

2. No Chance

No Chance Contributing Member

My decrepit mind could not keep track of how many times James was involved in turning the ball over but it seemed a lot. There was also a lot of low passes were they could not be caught.

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I'm not saying it's acceptable. I'm just saying it's not something I think we should assume is the norm.

4. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Do you remember how we started the season (including D12 being shelf ed after only a few games)? We went through a long stretch when we were holding opponents to less than 100 points? WTF happened to that defensive commitment they all talked about before the season began? If it all went down to the chitter when Bev got hurt, then Morey needs to re-sign him.

5. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

My theory was Harden had energy problems and had something hearty to eat at halftime. Only it didn't agree with him and he was trying to hold it in during crucial moments of the second half...

6. Zergling

Zergling Member

No Beverley and DMo hurts. Especially now that our idiot coach is starting Jason freaking Terry.

People don't realize how valuable DMo was protecting the paint when Dwight was out. Now sometimes we have lineups out there with no center at all when Dwight is resting (Smith or Jones at center? ouch)

7. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

It's called De Andre Jordon and Blake Griffin enforcement of the paint is better than Chandler and Dirk.

8. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

Bingo. Harden is intimidated by the Clippers' frontcourt, and when he's handling the ball in the halfcourt the Clippers are rushing him hard and forcing him to give it up. This isn't some "Harden has a bad game, he'll be fine next game" thing - the Clippers (and I daresay the other remaining playoffs teams) know how to shut him down consistently. Rockets NEED another playmaker that can give Harden a break from setting up the other guys and who will set up Harden occasionally.

9. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

I blame KIA.

10. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Harden is intimidated by Blake and Griffin so he's hesitant to drive in. The problem is when he does drive in, he isn't a creative enough finisher so his shots are easily blocked and contested if you don't fall for his "carry the ball in front" fake.

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Blake and Griffin are not intimidating.

12. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

What we have to remember is that Harden is mentally weak. Like really weak. He's not all that good. Some fancy dribbling moves that generally end in turnovers paired with a foul baiting, flopping game make him pretty over rated.

Not impressed. Morey gets way too much credit for that trade.

;)

13. houstonhoya

houstonhoya Contributing Member

Thank god for the spoiler.

#33 houstonhoya, May 7, 2015
    Last edited: May 7, 2015