1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

New Rockets Gear For Sale

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fabianrubio, Jul 24, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

AGREED!

2. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

people will think i'm a freak for having a "r" on my shirt? doubtful.

i like the logo, epecially now that i've seen it on some merchandise. i could care less if it doesn't look like other teams' stuff.

3. macho GRANDE

macho GRANDE Elvis, was a hero to most but................

AGREED!

4. GRAYsquirrel

GRAYsquirrel Member

Me too. I think it's better that we don't look like the other generic team logos. It's time for a new era, something different! I think it's great our logo stands out. THAT'S how people will recognize a plain R on someone's hat or t-shirt. Hello, marketing! Create a buzz, get people to talk, and they will notice. Bad publicity is good for publicity.

5. tigereye

tigereye Member

Damn its quiet. Time to create a "buzz"

All right time to break some news. If you want new Rocket logo shirts in town without having to go to the internet to buy them, try your nearest local Foley's. The org has sent out shipments of them to those stores. I know Greenspoint location has some for sale for $13.99 or something like that. I was out there today to see if they had arrived.

just to let inquiring minds know, the shirts are of the "full logo" red shirts you see posted earlier in this thread. They come in the colors white with the red "R" in black trim and black with the red "R" in silver trim.

They should also be showing up in other various local shopping outlets soon. Foley's was just the first I knew of.

Happy shopping :)

#25 tigereye, Jul 27, 2003
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2003
  6. tigereye

tigereye Member

dup post sorry.

7. SLA

SLA Member

Thanks man....I'm going to find one! I want one! It looks cool. The red shirt is good.....the white shirt is better! I want both!

8. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

can somone post a link? i cant get to it for some reason. keeps going to a search page. i want the red one

9. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Here ya go.

10. bigbrothaJ

bigbrothaJ Member

Just curious, but beyond the custom-made sweatbands that many players wear during games, are any logo-based sweatbands going to be put on sale for the general public?

If so, an all-black band color, with the red logo in silver/platinum trim (in the spirit of the shirt design tigereye described), for example, would look rather nice. I'd surely buy a pair.

11. RocketFan4ever

RocketFan4ever Contributing Member

AMEN!! We can cry all we want...the new logo isnt going anywhere so you might as well accept it....BRING ON THE HATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. RocketFan4ever

RocketFan4ever Contributing Member

ITs the mysteriousness that is going to make it sell. Im starting to se it

13. tigereye

tigereye Member

"Houston" and "Rockets" will be part of the main logo.

Besides, why are so many people making a big fuss over this. The Texans and Astros both feature symbols as there logo's too, just like the Rockets "R". The Texans have the Bull with the flag as there logo and the Astros have the "shooting star" as there main logo. But in both logos, you see no mention of "Houston" unless you count the Texans script below the logo in there defense. And if you think about it, the Astros logo has never mentioned "Houston" in it dating back to the Colt 45's days, unless you count the secondary 90's logo in there defense. And people love those logos. But the Rockets have an "R" surrounded by "Houston" and "Rockets" on both sides and people complain it has no affiliation with the city. So what gives?

#33 tigereye, Jul 27, 2003
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2003
  14. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Oshmans on fry road has shirts with the new logo. One is the white like the one shown in this thread and the other is a grey one. I bought the grey one it was about 16 dollars. I didnt see any hats. This might be old news but its the first time Ive seen them in stores.

#34 rocketfan83, Jul 27, 2003
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2003
  15. Smashingworth

Smashingworth Member

I was at Finishline at First Colony Mall today and they had 3 hats on sale (red, black, and white/off white), but didn't see any shirts. Hats were $18.
    I didn't pick one up though, and I'll tell you why ... They all say Houston Rockets around the "R" which I don't particularly like, and the stitching job was pretty sloppy. It's just stitched into the hat, it's not raised off the hat at all like the Astros or Texans cap. So I just got the midnight blue Texans instead.
    Can anyone tell us when we can get the Rockets hat that just has the "R" and not the Houston R-Rockets hat?

16. brocktoon

brocktoon Contributing Member

Just an FYI...the Galleria Oshmans on Post Oak has new Rockets shirts for sale. They had them in 3 colors: red, black, and grey. I believe they were around $17.

17. GRAYsquirrel

GRAYsquirrel Member

i got a red one ($18) at finishline at some mall (forget the name, my first time there) over at westheimer and 6. they only had the red and white ones, no hats...i wanna black one, they sound slick. where they at!?! it seems like all the retailers are getting different ones, seems like there's a gray one too!

18. SLA

SLA Member

Oshman's at the Fountains in Sugar Land or Stafford by Southwest Freeway or Highway 59...

16 bucks! 17.4203820 something counting tax.

I got a Black one... :)

Hmm...Tax-Free Friday?

Is clothes sales-tax-free on that day?

19. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

i dont like black or red tee's too much.
    have to say i liked the black one better.
    copped the white one.
    the grey one is way too logo happy.

20. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Gives you a chance to yell "HOUSTON ROCKETS BABY!" when they ask you what that logo is.