1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2015 Texans Draft

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ghettocheeze, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>That said, the <a class="hashtag" action="hash" title="#Texans">#Texans</a> cannot come out of today without a receiver who can run. If they do, what's the plan?</p>&mdash; Tania Ganguli (@taniaganguli) <a href="https://twitter.com/taniaganguli/status/594292278090452992" data-datetime="2015-05-02T00:08:15+00:00">May 2, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Versatile help at LB.

I thought I did hear wasn't too bright though. You never know, could be a false rumor.

3. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

lol pancakes continuously wrong...

what's the scoop on mckinney?

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Really like kikaha. Good pick for saints

5. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

lol at john McClain always wrong.

6. showa13

showa13 Member

The defense will be ridiculous next year, should be fun to watch

7. Scolandry

Scolandry Member

Great pick, we've definitely needed depth at the position

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The Texans aren't a team that is going to win with offense, they have to win with defense and the run game. A suffocating defense can make up for a weak offense.

9. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

I'll keep an open mind. Outside of not picking Bridgewater, we all loved last years draft and that turned out well.

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Brandon spikes with a little more quickness. Big thumper, play the run very well, not good in pass coverage, some edge ability.

11. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/q_F7OQUKi44" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

To add:

Jayson Braddocks compares him to Brandon Spikes. Fantastic run defender, but a very bad player in coverage.

13. Ericstocracy

Ericstocracy Member

Mickinney should be a monster in the run stopping game, and should cover most TE's. He's got work to do in coverage and in space, but the dude will blow a run up in an instant, a la old Cush. Dude screams RAC pick. Like his size as well, should be pretty durable.

14. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Lance Zlerlein of NFL.com said, “Tall, proportionally built inside linebacker that can play outside. Has thick, powerful legs. Good straight line-speed to chase. A true take-on linebacker who can meet linemen head-on or beat them to a spot and leverage his gap with above average play strength. Aware of cutback lanes and rarely runs himself out of a play.

Plays high, lacking suddenness. High center of gravity causes clunky change of direction in space. Foot quickness in tight quarters is below average and limiting. Has trouble clearing the trash near his feet and labors against cut blocks losing lateral momentum. Potential liability against the pass. Looks stiff when asked to cover in space and gives away too much separation to routes to his area in zone coverage.

15. Remii

Remii Member

Football IQ is all that matters. The Texans aren't going to be asking him to do science projects... And I believe he was a QB in high school.

16. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Can play inside and outside he is good insurance for both positions but not great at either one.

17. wadero

wadero Member

Can we draft a freaking offensive player in the first 3rds of any draft? I quess Management expects the Def to be on the field all game

18. mario_v

mario_v Member

McKinney is not a 3 down LB. Don't expect him to be pre injury Brian Cushing.

19. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Agreed and I think for 2015 the offense will be just good enough but I'm concerned about 2016+, as our OL and RB depth is very suspect ATM.

20. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Wide Receiver isn't a HUGE need. We need speed there, but we needed an ILB big time.

My only concern with this pick was basically just Mckinney vs Kendricks.

I won't lie and say I looked at Mckinney much, but I did like Kendrick's jack of all trades game.

I'll wait and see how this goes.