1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2015 Texans Draft

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ghettocheeze, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Win a playoff game then. If you don't have a QB you don't have anything. I'm already tired of this grumpus.

2. liveguy

liveguy Member

Yeah.....whatever.... :rolleyes:

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Asked about <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Titans?src=hash">#Titans</a> taking Mariota and adding talented QB, <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash">#Texans</a>' Rick Smith said, &quot;We're not concerned about those moves.&quot;</p>&mdash; Brian T. Smith (@ChronBrianSmith) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChronBrianSmith/status/593981203545346048">May 1, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

We'll see, I doubt he'll be happy as the 4th receiving option because he still thinks he has a lot left in the tank but who knows?

5. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Some potential second round targets

WRs available
    Dorial Green-Beckham
    Jaelen Strong
    Devin Smith

ILBs available
    Eric Kendricks
    Benardrick McKinney
    Denzel Perryman

RBs available
    Tevin Coleman
    T.J. Yeldon
    Jay Ajayi
    Ameer Abdullah

OLBs available
    Randy Gregory
    Eli Harold
    Owa Odighizuwa

Oh, and Landon Collins.

6. Mashing

Mashing Member

Titan's take DGB first pick of 2nd round. Book it.

7. awc713

awc713 Member

LETS ADD TEVIN COLEMAN

/biased IU alum

8. Breaker

Breaker Member

Code:
    [quote="Bandwagoner, post: 9729117"]Win a playoff game then. If you don't have a QB you don't have anything. I'm already tired of this grumpus.[/QUOTE]

you cant do **** about it

9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Good RB to tout... I'd take him. fast, strong, and for an offense that was basically him, still found ways to blast huge gains. Best of the RBs left.

10. Bandwagoner

11. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Who could we trade with at the top of the 2nd to possibly get him?

12. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm in my car on my phone. I'll try to remember to look when in front of my PC.

Mostly Kendricks was "the guy" that everybody loves, but I even saw Anthony mocked in the low 20's in a couple of places. I guess if you look hard enough you can find someone that will dislike anybody. A great example is Eric Flowers, who went to the Giants. Some people think it was a great pick, while others had him rated as a late second rounder. I personally think he's plodding, and I saw him get bull rushed and throw around like a rag doll by all 235 pounds of Randy Gregory.

BTW, I still personally think Owa Odighizuwa is better than Bud Dupree, is a potential Pro Bowler, And is a perfect fit as the SLB the Texans need to replace Brooks Reed. I'd move heaven and earth to trade up into the early second round to get him with no disrespect to the two linebackers you mentioned.

I'd also prefer Paul Dawson to any ILB not named Kendricks, and in that case I'm not sure, but you could pick him up long after Kendricks is gone.

#1112 Ottomaton, Apr 30, 2015
    Last edited: May 1, 2015
  13. Airdough

Airdough Member

What else is he supposed to say? I hate all of my QB options and this terrible mean man in a suit masquerading as GM won't let me trade for one.

You either build up what you have or suck to get in position to get one. Texans are choosing to build what they have (including drafting someone like Hundley or Petty tomorrow) as catching lighting in a bottle has around the same odds as actually drafting a franchise QB.

14. mick fry

mick fry Member

Bryce Petty? Git r dun!

15. Bandwagoner

That works for me.

16. Nimo

Nimo Member

From NFL.com

Houston Texans
    Draft pick: CB Kevin Johnson (No. 16 overall)
    Grade: B
    The skinny: Johnson might be the most well-rounded cornerback prospect in the draft and certainly will boost a defense that has to contend with several potent offensive weapons in the division.

17. TheresTheDagger

If Petty, Grayson or Hundley are available....do you take one of them in Round 2?

18. Nimo

Nimo Member

Maybe round 3

19. M.G.

M.G. Contributing Member

The pick seems to be pretty well regarded... I'm starting to like it more and more as I learn more about Johnson.

From SI:

Also he seems to be a pretty terrific guy. Should be fun to root for him.

20. TheresTheDagger

I didn't like what Chucky had to say about him. Weight room project to give him enough bulk to tackle at the NFL level? I dunno.....

Hoping for the best.