1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clippers or Spurs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Coog4Rockets, Apr 28, 2015.

?

Who would you rather play in the 2nd round?

1. LA Clippers

276 vote(s)
    46.2%
  2. SA Spurs

322 vote(s)
    53.8%
  1. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Spurs, no question, because they don't have CP3.

2. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

the team we have the better record against in the past few years..

we match up terribly against LA.

We swept SA last season in the 4 meetings. I have no less faith we can do that in the playoffs.

3. rocks123

rocks123 Member

yeah but Patty Mills is doing well. Its annoying that Spurs has a very deep bench.

4. cson

cson Contributing Member

It'll be tough, way tougher than the Mavs. But as a Rocket fan in Austin, a series against the Spurs would suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

5. Mprice

Mprice Member

Does Kawhi Leonard any or the spurs experience worry any of you guys? something about the Spurs and the postseason I want no part of.

6. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Prefer LAC because like us they're unproven and they get rattled easily. SAS are old but they're system is legit.

7. MD_in_Training

The spurs bench is only incredibly deep, because they are simply a less talented version of their starting five. That team is well oiled down to the very last scrub on the bench.

8. rockets13champs

Duncan hasnt lost a step bro he gets bettet as playoffs progress

9. marky :)

marky :) Member

Lets play the clippers so we can watch two teams implement hack a whoever for half the game.

10. ekingjames12

ekingjames12 Contributing Member

Would definitely prefer the Spurs... As tough as it would be to face the defending champs, our weaknesses are at the PG and PF position where the Clippers excel. It would not be fun to watch Chris Paul and Blake Griffin have a field day on either our old PGs that couldn't even hold Barea or our undersized PFs. It would also be nice to say we're the best team in Texas! It won't be an easy series regardless of who we play.

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Clippers only because of their sorry ass bench and weak home court advantage.

12. nolenium

nolenium Member

Loooolooloo. So much poopy pessimism here. I usually try to stay more grounded, but dude, Rockets are playing pretty phenomenal & fun basketball right now (excepting turnovers and FTs).

Not worried currently about either 2 - slightly more concerned with the Spurs. Much championship pedigree. Such battle-tested experience and systemic, unemotional winning basketball.

Why are sports fan-pages so rife with accusations about reffing and acting? Haven't we realized by now that teams rarely win entire series, let alone single games or quarters, on account of flopping? Or supposed flopping...

Mavs flopped all over the place, other than being a minor annoyance this was a non-issue for the series. The Spurs imo are the 2nd-floppiest team in basketball behind them (Ginobili, Mills, Diaw). Other than CP3 acting out, I have no idea what you're talking about with Griffin.

If you drive and jump that hard at the basket, you're going to fall down.

We digress, though - I've got Rockets winning the next series regardless. Might take 7 for San Antonio.

13. CCorn

CCorn Member

I'd prefer the clips... But it's going to be the Spurs.

14. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Props to you! people will always look for negativity + rockets. Why are people so down on the rockets anyways? They just beat a good dallas team and the rockets did not have 2/5 starters.

15. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Spurs because I do not want to see the face of CP3 on TV.

16. cmutt

cmutt Member

I think everyone here is forgetting ONE MAJOR thing here, because I haven't seen one single post mention it.

If the Rockets play the Spurs, we have home court advantage.

But if the Rockets play the Clippers, then the Clippers will have home court advantage. The Rockets and Clippers tied records, but because the Rockets won their division... they got the 2nd seed.

If the Rockets and Clippers meet, then it will come down to the tiebreaker, and the Clippers own the tiebreaker against us due to division record or conference record.

So based on that info., I'd say that the Rockets should definitely prefer to face the Spurs, because home court advantage is a major plus.

(I'm pretty sure I'm right about this info., but correct me if I'm wrong)

17. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Sir, you are wrong, we are the division title, Clippers are not.

18. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I am pretty sure as #2 seed in WC we would get HCA against all teams except #1 seed GSW...

19. cmutt

cmutt Member

No, that is not correct. HCA is not based on seeding, it is based purely by records.

That's why Portland is the #4 seed, but the #5 seed Memphis has HCA in that series.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Rockets have HCA until the WCF. That is, unless, on the off chance Memphis beats GS and Houston beats SA, they'd have HCA in the WCF too.

Will it even matter though, in this next round against SA? Do you see this going 7 games?