1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Ariza has been arguably the second most valuable player on this team over the course of the season. He should have been in contention for defensive player of the year. And you're calling him garbage?

And Capela is showing All-Star potential. Garbage? Really?

I'm glad you're not our GM.

2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Ariza isn't garbage. Capela, I wouldn't include.

Maybe Morey thinks LMA will take one year of the MLE prior to the cap going BOOM next year.

Otherwise, Ariza - Dmo or Tjones - Papa against the threat of him walking to another team for no return.

Develop Capela and McDaniels. Draft a PG at #18. Pray?

3. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

As much as Morey covets that third star, I seriously doubt he would part with Ariza if that star is Aldridge. He's not that young and will need surgery this summer. Ariza has meant so much it would have to involve a star that can be a top player in the league alongside Harden for the next 5 years or so.

And there is no way a deal happens without Ariza involved for Aldridge. Portland can't take on 6 or so players for 1.

4. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Ofcourse if Dallas comes back from a 3-0 deficit then everyone becomes tradable.
    I guess it's too early to tell who's untradable. What if Spurs beat us in 5 in the 2nd round. Do we just slightly upgrade our roster?

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Ariza is "garbage?" You seriously believe that? Then why on earth should I pay any attention to your posts. Your comment, with all due respect, makes no sense at all.

6. ktex

ktex Member

Hate to dog on a rocket's fan but are you out of your freaking mind?

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I simply wouldn't want LMA, he doesn't seem a good fit with the team given that what he likes to do most (shoot long 2's) is something we try to never do. Also, he's about to turn 30, I'm not sure he'd be better than DMo by the end of his contract.

8. ktex

ktex Member

This is a great point. That shot is not part of our philosophy.

9. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Any efficient shot is part of our philosophy. We don't like players taking inefficient shots but for LMA, the mid range two is effici ent. I don't think step back twos are considered an efficient shot but we don't go telling Harden not to do it.

10. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Worst non trolling GARM post of the year?

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Is it though? He makes 40% of them meaning it's the same as shooting the 3 at 26%

12. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Lol. Cmon son.

13. Nook

Nook Member

Uhh... Ariza has quite a bit of value, especially at his contract. The Rockets coulsd easily get a mid round pick for Capela, if not more, he has had a good development year and is young with exceptional defensive upside in the post, which is very valuable in this league. Jones and Motiejunas both have value as well.

If Aldridge decides to leave Portland, they would be exceptionally fortunate to get a package like the one proposed.

What is more likely is Ariza would be dealt to a team that would give up draft picks for him, the Rockets would hold on to Capela to be the back up 5 and offer Portland a lesser package.

14. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Is it really reasonable to think Aldridge would pick us over San Antonio? He gets to play with Kawhi and Parker and Green on a team coached by Pop? He becomes the #1 offensive option on that team immediately and it's very possible he'll be starting alongside Tim Duncan on a minimum contract.

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'd assume Dallas would be the far and away #1.

16. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Echoed my sentiments. Big shot Bob would come out of retirement, Ray Allen would come over, maybe even Royce White will become uncrazy-LOL. All seriousness, Bog 3's are what other players flock to. It just makes role-players more relaxed knowing the pressure is not on them and they play well.

17. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

You mean the team that finished 6th in the West this year? When the alternative is the team that finished 2nd? Let's not act like it's some slam-dunk decision to pick the Spurs over Houston for "basketball" reasons right now. If they beat the Rockets in the playoffs and advance to the WCF, maybe, but let's cross that bridge when we come to it.

P.S. Duncan playing for the minimum would be an almost unprecedented paycut. Veterans often go the Dirk route and play for $8 million or so -- but $1 million?!? I'll believe that when I see it.

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I doubt it, he doesn't make Dallas a contender. He makes them another playoff team in the West.

If he's leaving Portland and more money than it's for a surefire way to contend. At least that's my thinking on this, I'm usually right on this and how players think. If he leaves Portland it'll be for a shot at winning, SAS and HOU gives him a chance to do that right away. Dallas will have to make other moves to make a contender.

Also both him and Dirk are strictly PFs and neither will except playing any other position. IIRC the first time LMA threatened to go was because the team was having center problems, so if that's the case that he wants to play with a Center then it would make more sense to even come to Houston considering the Centers we have.

19. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

LOL ... This deserves a "Presidential Facepalm" ... :eek:

20. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Duncan 39, Parker 33 (next month), Ginobli 38 are all old and to borrow a phrase, "Father time is undefeated". Kawhi is young but would LMA really prefer to spend the rest of his career on a team where the best player is Kawhi? On the Rockets Kawhi would be the 3rd best player.

The Rockets as constructed would carry LMA 29 through the end of his career. James Harden 25, Dwight Howard 29, Trevor Ariza 29 etc... are in much better position to compete for a championship over the next 5 years than San Antonio.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.