1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Parsons Officially out for the Season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LandryMegaBeast, Apr 22, 2015.

1. hakeemthagreat

Don't you dare feel sorry for them. I GUARANTEE had they been healthy, and beat our current roster in this playoff series, Cuban would still trash talk Morey and our players. I'm betting any money Cuban iced Parsons primarily too have an excuse for losing to a team who "isn't that good". This is pure PR

2. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

So, if he would have stayed with the Rockets, then we would have had three starters out for the playoffs and we wouldn't have Ariza...in an alternate reality. It sucks for Parsons but it kind of worked out for us at least this season.

3. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Hate to see someone get injured, but if it had to be someone from the Mavs, Parsons being injured would make me the happiest.

Signs overpaid contract with division rival, boasts about it, disses former team and city, wants to be a star but stays a role player, can't stay on the court. I'm glad we didn't sign that diva.

4. dragician

dragician Member

get well soon my chandler.

1 person likes this.
  5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Parsons officially out, possibly for remainder of series. Rick says he's been in more pain then he's let on.</p>&mdash; Jeff Wade (@SkinWade) <a href="https://twitter.com/SkinWade/status/590668909814120448">April 22, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Like i been saying...Dallas screwed up by clearing him to play wayy too early. CP screwed up by giving in to the pressure. None of the media seems to be picking up on this. Or anyone, really.

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

how do you know he would have had the same injury? The Rockets wouldn't have brought him back so soon if he was injured that's for sure. Parsons was injured already and they didn't even put him on a minutes restriction.

7. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I've always thought his build (long torso) and the awkward way he moves could cause injury issues down the road for him. It's hard to explain but he just looks mechanically wrong when he runs, slides laterally, pivots etc. When he bulked up last summer I was really surprised considering his back issues were already appearing. I've said this a few times but I will be surprised if he isn't a 40-50 game per season player by the time he is 27-28. Injury prone players don't get healthier as they get older.

As a Rockets fan, I would prefer he played in this series because I don't think his presence on the court would affect the outcome of the games and I don't want Dallas to have any excuses.

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I don't think it's his build, as much as it is how he plays. A lot of leaning back, both on his shot and drives. that would mean over extending his back and potentially landing with most of his weight shifted back, putting stress on the knee, as he lands.

9. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

The horseshoe is finally falling out of Cuban's

10. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

i wanted to beat the mavs with parsons but oh well. sucks for the mavs but no sympathy from me. first half of the season rockets had two starters out along with a buncha rotation players getting injured, last month of the season two rotation players, includin ga starter, are out for the playoffs. now its fair series on paper

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I wish him a full recovery

Rocket River

12. hooroo

hooroo Member

Parsons, Rondo... The Mavs are pulling out all the stops to protect Dirk. Dirk has been the greatest liability out there. Dude is playing with a fork stuck in in him.

13. HRox832

HRox832 Member

One of the biggest rules when you're a Rockets fan is to not give a crap about the Mavs.

14. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

What a p***y.

He just pulled a Lin.

Didn't want to get embarrassed, especially by the Rockets, so he checked himself out of playoffs.

#54 Zboy, Apr 22, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
  15. skyline07

skyline07 Member

^ This

16. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

A starting lineup of the Mavs consisting of Dirk, Ellis, and Parsons has to be the worst defensive 3/5 in the league.

If I was Tyson Chandler, I would wish Ellis and Dirk, especially Dirk, bust their knees up as well. Tyson is being asked to play 1 on 5 defense.

LOL @ any Mavs thinking Parsons was going to help them win against Rockets.

17. Rocket_Man_2.0

Feel sorry?! For the Mavericks?...Get yo @ss out of here!:rolleyes:

18. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Eliminating a sulking Rondo and an injured Parsons could be a net positive for the Mavs from Games 1 & 2. Hopefully Rockets stay focused.

19. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Unfortunate for him, the dudes a massive douche-snozzle and fame w**** but hate to see players get injured

20. bongman

bongman Member

Ditto. Get well soon CP.