1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Game 3 "Adjustments"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DavidRocket, Apr 22, 2015.

Tags:
  1. stab

stab Member

thats a Mavs problem....

2. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

Get rondo to play.

3. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Capela's minutes have been a -14 for the Rockets.

4. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Is Carlisle going to make an adjustment with the lobs?

Have the guy guarding the 3 point corner shooter step up and sit in Howards lap and make defenders scramble?

That is what I would have done right there.

Can we please do this every time down the court.

I cant wait to see the next lob.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I really don't think we need to do much to adjust. If we play decently we will win these games. Just the superior team here.

6. smr6

smr6 Member

He will make adjustments, but I also see us changing it up as well. With Rondo out I expect to see a lot more Harden action. If they adjust to stop the bigs, they are going to have a whole other issue with Harden. Just having Rondo off of him should be a good sign that a big game is coming for him.

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

On the spectrum of Player's Coach to Dictactor, Pops is a my-way or the highway coach/dictator, too. He's not in the middle by any stretch of the imagination. If you don't do what he says, you don't play.

Obviously, it is successful for him, but please don't say Pops this god that does both Rudy/McHale player mgmt and Bobby Knight iron-fisted dictatorships. I know many of you guys will get into semantics with me and try to explain how Pops really is the John Wooden of the NBA, but he isn't....

8. LG1200

LG1200 Member

Coach Mac said it best..

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>McHale on ...: &quot;We're going to have to adjust to their adjustments to the adjustment that we made to their adjustment that we adjusted.”</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/590987837232648192">April 22, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. thejav

thejav Member

Lmao..

10. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Ariza/TJ/Harden/Dwight/Smith/Brewer finally all have a good game together and blow them out by 40. DAMN IT DO IT!

11. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

do something about Barea please.

12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Shots fired back at Dallas by Coach! If I had a signature, this would be mine today.

13. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Exactly- he just happens to have 3 stars who can handle that. Remember, he kicked Stephen Jackson off his 2nd go-round with the Spurs.

I think Phil Jackson is an example of a coach who can do both. He was perfect in how he dealt with Rodman, and yet he could strategize very well (e.g. the game in the 1992 Finals against the Blazers where he left the reserves in for a ridiculously long time and they brought the Bulls all the way back- Bobby Hansen, anyone?).

14. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Careful You will get in trouble with the herd.

15. topfive

topfive CF OG

I get what you're saying, but Pops has a way of making players see that his way is the BEST way, and that's what gets them to bend to his will. Carlisle is more the guy who just demands that they bend without showing them why it's important that they do.

Had the Spurs acquired Rondo mid-season, do you think Pops would have entered the playoffs without him being completely on-board with everything? I can't imagine that happening.

16. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

I hope the Rockets don't blow a big opportunity in taking game 3 because of lack of focus or intensity. If the Rockets lose game 3 because the Mavericks just have too much of the Homecourt "energy and adrenaline"....well that wouldn't be as bad I suppose.

I just fully expect the Rockets to maintain focus to finish off the Mavs.

17. bongman

bongman Member

Reason why we had all those dunks is because Mav's decided to stay home on our 3 pt shooters. They did not send them to help and hoped that Chandler can handle it. That was their game plan and did not work as well. They will have to pick their poison on Game 3.

18. thirdengine

thirdengine Member

19. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Well Carlisle is the real Wizard, so he will figure out a way to make a completely outmatched team take everything away from us. Mark Cuban said so. We will not see a SINGLE lob to Dwight Howard in game 3, and they will give up nothing else to stop it.

Guaranteed.

20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Barrea always plays the Rockets tough and with Rondo out we're going to see a lot more of him. It's clear that he too fast for Terry or Prigioni so I would like to see Nick Johnson brought in to defend him. I would only do this when the Rockets are protecting a lead as I'm not sure we can count on Johnson to really contribute on offense or as a reliable ball handler.