1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rondo quits

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by justtxyank, Apr 21, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Asian Sensation

Good point.. I was going to mention the same thing. I refuse to believe we will win this easily as much as I want us to of course. All the years of heartache has taught me not to get too excited until it's done-done. I still believe the Mavs best is yet to come with or without Rondo/Parsons. Expecting Dirk to go off and Ellis to have a big game coming up as well with their role players playing better at home.

We gotta stick together and weather the storm cause they're going to fight for their lives game 3. This is where Harden needs to show he's the MVP.

2. i3artow i3aller

3. OremLK

OremLK Member

I have been relatively low on Rondo for YEARS. Some of you may remember me talking about it. (Also, Monta Ellis and Rudy Gay.)

I don't think Rondo is a bad player, but he's got a bad attitude and he's really hard to fit into a championship roster because of his game. Not worth trying to build a team around him because his only offensive skills are passing/ballhandling--not enough to be a #1 option. And it's too hard to fit him into most existing NBA rosters since he can't shoot. Gotta have certain kinds of threats around him, certain types of players he can pass to, and generally a LOT of offensive firepower to make up for Rondo's lack.

He had the perfect situation in Boston for a few years and that was it--gonna be hard for him to ever get back to anything close to that.

4. Entropy

Entropy Member

He hasn't been the same since Jefferson shattered his face. He's never going to forgive Dallas for that.

5. Entropy

Entropy Member

He got into a dick measuring contest with Morey and got the short end of it.

6. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Best thing Ive read about the Rondo-Mavs situations so far

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/SportsSturm">@SportsSturm</a> &quot;Rick Carlisle....Mark Cuban....Donny Nelson&quot; - Rondo in Arya voice</p>&mdash; Joe Lavis (@JoeSonofBen) <a href="https://twitter.com/JoeSonofBen/status/590705475756421120">April 22, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

1 person likes this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That Toronto game was not a playoff game. And he came back from major injury, was not in shape, lost most of his athleticism

8. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]

9. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Apparently his new nickname is Gone-do

1 person likes this.
  10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I haven't read through this whole thread...so I'm likely repeating what someone else said....but it reminded me so much of Dennis Rodman when he played for the Spurs in 1995. Somewhere in our series with them, he just decided he wasn't playing. Would go to the sidelines and take his shoes off.

11. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

The Rockets seem like they have a history of rehabbing what the media and fans deem as selfish players. Artest and JSmoove come to mind. Rondo has the same level of talent as those other two. Most everyone agrees that McHale isn't an X's and O's type of guy but his player's coach mentality might be a reason why Rondo could flourish on the Rockets. Morey looks like he had the upper hand the whole time whether he was playing Cuban or was sincerely trying to get Rondo at the time.

12. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Sounds like Jeremy Lin lol

13. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Rodman still played hard for the Spurs in that postseason when he was in the game. He was a malcontent during timeouts and when he wasn't on the floor, but I watched most of the games in the 1995 playoffs, and no one can accuse him of quitting the way Rondo did.

14. cson

cson Contributing Member

ENGAGEDhe wasn't ENGAGED He's fine when he is ENGAGED not good when he is not ENGAGED

Christ could Chuck & Kenny have said this anymore...nice prompt TNT vocab crew

15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Was a teenager then... and the day after the series ended, Rodman was on our flight to Vegas.

Clearly it was a somewhat impromptu plan as he wasn't in first class (still got an exit row seat), but he definitely had no plans to head back to San Antonio with the team.

Its like he knew the series would be done in 6, and was already packed up and ready for the off-season (even though I will say he still played hard, and had a significantly greater impact in that series than Rondo is having now).

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Worrell kind of mocked them at one point in a very subtle "inside joke" kind of way in the second half by using that term with a little snicker.

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Ronnie Price had a higher offensive rating than Rajon Rondo this year. LOL.</p>&mdash; Ryan Kelapire (@RyanKelapire) <a href="https://twitter.com/RyanKelapire/status/590743376733016065">April 22, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Rondo will be a free agent in July, and it's looking like he and Dallas are headed toward a divorce. From Yahoo Sports' Adrian Wojnarowski:

When Rondo realized his run with the Celtics was over this year, he planned to sign with the Los Angeles Lakers in the summer, league sources told Yahoo Sports. He expected a maximum contract. Once Dallas made the trade, he was open to re-signing with the Mavericks – only there are no max contract offers for Rondo on the market. Not in Dallas, nor Los Angeles. He's played his way out of that payday – not just this year, but since that terrible ACL injury two years ago.

Everything's pushing Rondo closer to his inevitable free-agent fleeing to the Lakers this summer. As long as the coach is back, Rondo's gone, sources told Yahoo Sports. The parting could be mutual.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25158643

19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

If you're the Lakers, do you even want Rondo? I thought the Lakers would be eyeing Westbrook in 2 years. Why would you bring in another PG this summer? Doesn't make sense to me.

20. Entropy

Entropy Member

Because Jim Buss.