1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ken Mauer announced as ref for tonight[Gm 2, 4/21]

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SeeingRocketRed, Apr 21, 2015.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

How these refs keep their jobs is a mystery to me. Silver wants to show he's his own man? That things have changed? Toss the obviously biased officials out of the league.

2. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Ok well that can't happen tonight. As you alluded to earlier, if certain amount of physicality is "allowed" on one end, then it should be presumed it'd be allowed on the other end as well.

Blatant one-sided officiating would fall under the 2003 Sacramento Kings category.

So worst case scenario, if Harden gets hacked repeatedly with no calls and the officiating is as badly one-sided as the Bulls game, then what? I still expect the Rockets to pull it out with strong team defense. They ought to overcome that adversity as great teams do.

The Rockets just can't allow for home-court to be taken from them...by the refs nor Mavs.

I'm sorry brother, but I'm just tired of legitimate "built-in" excuses for Houston sports teams.

3. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

And the Rockets were on the road against the Bulls right? That actually goes against the trend of Mauer favoring road teams correct?

4. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

But but but McHale doesn't stand up for his players

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Well, we survived Joey Crawford by blowing out the Mavs in Game 1. I guess that's how you beat bad reffing.

6. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I guess a home split isn't a terrible thing.

7. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

According to that covers.com site, Jones and Malloy are 1 and 2 with respect to home teams covering (Mauer 49/68). Hope that works out for the Rockets tonight!

8. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

How can you say that? A home split against an over-matched Mavericks team would be disappointing.

If the Rockets allow the Mavs to take Homecourt, this series momentum and road just got unnecessarily more challenging for the Rockets.

9. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Not only is he the worst official in the nba, he's also a convicted felon

10. Bandwagoner

Because I have no fear of losing this series. I predicted a 4 game sweep in the poll but losing a game isn't losing the series. Just like when the Mavs took the lead in Game 1 I wasn't at all scared they would win.

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

If they are going to let them be physical that is fine. Dwight will feast.

If they are going to call a tight game that is fine. Harden will cook.

Unfortunately knowing this crew they will go out of their way to favor one team...

12. hakeemthagreat

Its hard to not expect fouls if the other team is flopping around getting calls. If Dirk got the same ticky tack fouls Dirk gets this wouldn't be a discussion

13. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Don't like Mauer for last year playoffs and missing that call during the Memphis game.

14. SemisolidSnake

Oh, geez, not this guy. I can't trust anybody who slicks their hair like that in this day and age. Makes me immediately wonder "who REALLY pays you?"

Well, we won with Joey Crawford on the floor in the first game. We need to crash the basket hard with dunks and determination to score. Smart defense, good FT%, and few turnovers. It's a 6-on-5 power play already, Rockets. Play with extra attention.

15. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

he wasnt the game against the bulls, though ed malloy, who is also for this game, was

16. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

I don't fear the Rockets will lose the series either. My point is home-court absolutely can't be lost.

If the Rockets were to lose a game, it would make sense for it to happen in Dallas in either 3 or 4.

17. Bandwagoner

Why absolutely can't be lost then? To me a terrible thing means we could possibly lose the series. Lose tonight, make it up later by taking home court back.

18. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

I guess you and I agree on the fact that the Rockets should win this series pretty handily.

I think we disagree on the path. I believe the Rockets should hold home court because they certainly don't need to make anything any more difficult for themselves.

Losing Homecourt would be the proverbial "shooting yourself in the foot"...again.

If you're going to beat a team, take care of Home court and take one on the road. That's it.

19. Bandwagoner

I want a sweep with a 10+ point differential. IF we don't get that it won't be a terrible thing. For many reasons this game is more important than the ones in Dallas, I agree.

20. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

What were the spreads?