1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are they gonna ref Dwight like this the entire series?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by andyacecandy, Apr 18, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

what if the answer is yes, Howard will keep getting calls like this, but Harden will keep getting 17 free throws a game?

I might make that trade, especially if Harden is not hitting from the field.

2. LA_Baller

LA_Baller Member

You don't understand simpleton. Howard still deserved the other two calls. Then he made bonehead mistakes and committed obvious tacky fouls. Howard is known for this and foul trouble has followed him his entire career. Everyone is complaining that he didnt deserve the fouls. I remember the Yao screw job like it was yeserday, there is no comparison. Yao was called for a foul in bounding a ball that series.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

#83 J.R., Apr 20, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
  4. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

he's only critisizing dallas because they didnt beat the rockets

5. Ol Bill Worrell

These calls are made 100 percent due to his reputation. Really sucks.

6. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

He's criticizing Dallas for being stupid. Rondo kills their team no matter who they play.

7. ApolloRLB

ApolloRLB Member

12 were intentional. And this is not outside the ordinary for the Rockets and Mavs. Houston was 2nd in the league in FTA and Dallas was 16.

8. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

I think that first one wasn't called a foul it was a clean block J.R.. Amazing play by Dwight there.

9. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Only 2 of those were legit. The foul on Chandler and the moving screen. The others were horrible especially the freakin flop from Dirk.

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Just in general, Joey Crawford games are poorly officiated for all teams. He is too hell bent on impacting the game. It's just flat out ridiculous. I don't understand how he has a job with the NBA.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

It was called a foul. Monta shot 2 FTs.

12. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Thanks J.R.

First foul: what the heck?
    Second foul: no question
    Third: He had his hands up; I could see how a superstar gets that call in the reg season, but playoffs?? (The James harden drive into Dirk made up that call)
    Fourth: Dont need to swing your arms out and let the Dirk accentuate the contact
    fifth foul: JJ accentuated the contact, like any good flopper should...however Dwight opened up subjectivity by not remaining stationary.

13. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

I am 100% sure it was not called a foul!. If you watch these highlights you can see the block led to a fast break.

http://streamable.com/drd6

1 person likes this.
  14. HoustonTexas

HoustonTexas Member

Definitely NOT called a foul. Was one of his tremendous blocks from the game.

15. saintja2

saintja2 Contributing Member

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Ahh I see what I did. I GIF'd the wrong play. :eek:

Yes, that was a block and fast break the other way.

My mistake, thanks.

17. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Agree.

First foul: bad call
    Second: Foul
    Third: kinda ticky-tack
    Fourth: Flop
    Fifth: Foul

So I count 3 legit fouls. He shoulda played 30 minutes.

18. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Dwight is well rested and fired up! The mavs have no choice but to flop him out of the games.

19. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

The fourth foul really pissed me off. Because the prior position Dwight set the exact same pick and Carlisle went bonkers that it was called a foul. The very next play that foul was called and it was less contact than the first one. Crazy, Carlisle really wanted Dwight to get that 4th foul. They no chance at beating us with him in the game. He's well rested and fired up for the playoffs.

20. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

#1 is unclear. Let's say it's a foul.
    #2 was a boneheaded move. Howard needs to avoid this kind of unnecessary
    move.
    #3 was clearly not a foul. Howard raised his hand straight up and he didn't move his body. Stoudemire moved himself into Dwight. Per this year's rule, it was not a foul.
    #4 was a Dirk flop. Suddenly Dirk's huge body got slapped away by a hand like a kite. LOL
    #5 technically was a foul. The distance of Dwight's two legs was wider than his shoulder. But this kind of screens rarely get called. It's a shame that refs treated Dwight like a rookie.