1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

That's what I was begging for. If teams want to try to hack you, do it back. Make the game ugly.

2. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

That Hack - a - Rondo was pure genius.

Even though I doubt he was ever going to do it continuously, him doing that and showing Carlisle that he can and will return the favor.

I love that "spunk" he showed. Did you see that look he gave to Carlisle after he had Brewer hack Rondo? It was pure gold.

3. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

Loved the playing time for Capela and the threat to hack Rondo.

4. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

In the interests of full disclosure, you should also tell her about your insane public rants on Coach McHale:

1 person likes this.
  5. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

The hack was more to get smoove out of the game. Still hilarious though

6. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Whaaa?!! S*** just got real! I am nervous and looking forward to it at the same time!!

Whaaaat?! Haha, I didn't think anyone would care. You just gave me the feels, brother. Honored to be a part of your signature! :eek:

7. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

When I was at the game I saw Terry hacking Rondo in the paint pretty hard. It was like he was trying to foul him on purpose.

8. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Via Mavs Moneyball

9. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Mchale will get praise from me when we get out of the 2nd Round. This team as constructed is supposed destroy the 7th seed. The 2nd round is the test.

10. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

loved seeing the intentional foul on rondo

loved seeing the PT for capela - both wins for mchale in my book.

11. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Quietly it's becoming more OBVIOUS in a sneaky way that we got a roster with experience being in the playoffs on the court at the same time....Howard,Brewer,Harden , Ariza and Jason Terry...of the 5 three have rings. That's WHY we may go deeper into the playoffs which will shock the NBA. Keep in mind that we can finish games with that 5 and only Howard is a 50/50 free throw shooter out of that bunch. The other 4 are solid free throw shooters. Another thing...Harden cancels out the point guard problem because if we can score 20 points and shell out 11 assists finding the open man that can hit the open shot like last night, we're gonna win most times than not.

12. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

"if he (Harden) can score 20 points and shell out 11 assists on average" is what I meant earlier above typo

13. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Stopped reading at Rockets have more talent than Mavs.

14. magnomonkey

magnomonkey Member

Comments like these just make me laugh. McHale doesn't need your praise and I think you forget that this is the West where the 2nd and 7th seeds are separated by a handful of games.

15. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's all it was. The Rockets weren't in the penalty yet, so clearly they weren't trying to send Rondo to the line. And Smith came out immediately. It was a smart move by McHale. He basically told Carlisle in no uncertain terms, if the Mavs were gonna make a comeback, it would be through defensive stops, not Hack-a-Whoever.

16. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

McHale & Co. did a really nice job getting this team prepared and managing the rotation w/ so many bigs in foul trouble. Those stubborn fans of the I-won't-give-him-any-credit-until-we-lift-the-trophy variety sound absurd.

17. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Can't admit they are wrong so anytime the level that was previous set as something we could never go with McHale appears to be attainable that level suddenly changes a bit further.

First it was we will never go anywhere with McHale.

Then it was we will never get out of the first round or be a division winner with McHale.

Now it's we have to get out of the 2nd round or he sucks.

And if we do that we will have to win the title and even if we somehow manage that then some STILL won't admit they were wrong about McHale and the man who hired him.

18. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I never said he needed my praise I simply said I wouldn't give it til then. Maybe you should take a reading comprehension class. Secondly you follow up what you said with immediate excuses. The way Dallas has played all season we SHOULD beat them, they barely know how to play defense and Dirk has one foot in the Basketball "grave". Hopefully we do beat them, however the next round will likely take more than talent and Mchale will really be tested, I will reserve judgement til then. This is a forum we are all simply giving our positive or negative opinion on things get over it already or leave, I could care less either way.

19. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Mchale coached a marvelous game yesterday. Job well done coach.

20. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

What an arrogrant post...as if McHale cares about your "praise".

I, for one, would be most happy if you refrain from posting your usual hate until after the playoffs.