1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are they gonna ref Dwight like this the entire series?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by andyacecandy, Apr 18, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I know the refs made some absurd calls on Dwight last night, but think this through. What would happen if it came to light that Cuban was bribing refs? HE WOULD LOSE HIS BILLION DOLLAR FRANCHISE!

Do you guys genuinely think he'd risk that? Because as much as I hate Mark Cuban, I don't think he's anywhere near that level of stupid.

2. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

I can already see Cuban making videos about how Harden is driving his shoulder into defenders and getting calls and is going to send them to the NBA office.

Remember, JVG got fined $100,000 dollars (most ever for a coach) and could have been suspended from the NBA for life when he made comments about it, thanks to David Stern.

David Stern can get paid off. Hope Adam Silver isn't as crooked.

3. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

If anyone really thinks this, you need to psychiatric treatment because you are certifiably insane.

This is not a troll. This is not being funny. If you legitimately think Mark Cuban is, has, or would pay off NBA referees, you desperately need help. You should be locked up somewhere and/or on serious medication.

4. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I really can't stand this prick. I guess he didn't watch the Portland series last year and every year before that (not counting his Lakers season).

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Dwight Howard has the least cared about history of reaching another level in the postseason</p>&mdash; Ethan Strauss (@SherwoodStrauss) <a href="https://twitter.com/SherwoodStrauss/status/589682964872630272">April 19, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Guess He didn't watch the game, Dwight came out with a strong energy. Stupid calls from Joey got him out quickly.

6. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Dwight dominated yesterday, only foul trouble stopped him

7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Rox should file a protest then let the media know.

8. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

i actually think Ethan was pointing out that Dwight is actually that good in the post season and not many know it

9. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

That's how I saw it too.

The Dwight we saw yesterday was Orlando Dwight.

Better than Portland Dwight. He locked the Mavs down.

10. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

After reading it like that, that is true.. He is giving props. Dwight never gets love for the levels he reach in the playoffs.

11. saintja2

saintja2 Contributing Member

That tweet is pretty badly worded but what I think it means "Nobody seems to care/notice that Howard reaches another level @playoffs".

12. DreamEarlNolan

Am I reading this wrong or is he giving Dwight a compliment? Sounds to me like he's saying Dwight takes his game to another level in the playoffs, but he doesn't get the credit for it. I just got out of bed so maybe my brain isn't comprehending what he's saying properly.

13. DreamEarlNolan

^
    Looks like several beat me to the punch. Like I said, I just woke up so my typing is slow this morning. :eek:

14. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I guess you guys are right. Definitely not worded the best way.

15. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Never forget:

[​IMG]

16. Fawkward

Fawkward Member

You sound like a vindicative Nazi telling people how to think

17. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Be realistic, these were some BS calls on Dwight but no one is paying off the refs. I expect things to go differently next game.

Im just glad Dwight isnt lowering his shoulder in the block anymore. That used to be frustrating beyond belief

18. lexled

lexled Contributing Member

Joey Crawford. That guy rarely makes calls in the Rockets favor, never has, never will. Hopefully we get another crew for Tuesday night.

19. MattM

MattM Member

This. Cuban has been successful at getting calls his way in the playoffs.

Dallas' only chance to win is to have Dwight in foul trouble, which means more flopping from Dallas.

4/5 fouls called on Dwight last night were not fouls.

20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Yes, leave that to Lebron.