1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are they gonna ref Dwight like this the entire series?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by andyacecandy, Apr 18, 2015.

Tags:
  1. HookemHorns1250

It's the same thing Mark Gasol does to Dwight. Play him physical then over exaggerate when Dwight matches the same physical play. It's pretty sad to see, Dirk was just pathetic to watch. I think he fell over about 3 times to try and get Dwight his fifth foul which he ultimately succeeded.

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I wouldn't mind Dwight getting a tech. Let them know you're there, Dwight. Or he should just sit there on defense with his hands up for the first couple of plays so they get a sense of what he is doing. Then he can go HAM.

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Cuban already paid off the refs early. Exact same crap happened with Yao 10 years ago.

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Bogut and Gasol get away with hacking and questionable blocks all the time because they have a reputation on defense. Why doesn't Dwight get the same benefit of the doubt?

I still have nightmares from last year's playoffs when Dwight was getting called for touch fouls on LMA 20 feet from the basket, but Lopez was able to get away with murder on the block.

5. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Can someone make a gif of the foul where Howard barely touches dirk with the back of his arm and it looked like dirk took a cannonball to his midsection

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Yes, I agree. No harm in doing that.

7. privera2323

privera2323 New Member

Hopefully dwight gets 30 minutes next game and we beat the breaks off these bums

8. split41

split41 Member

It's absolute garbage, I hope someone important points this out to the refs - when someone runs into him what else can he do.

9. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Capela got the same treatment. Then again, he's a rookie.

10. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

He a bad ass

11. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

when dwight was in the game the lead would balloon to 15. refs take him out then the mavs make their run and chandler crashes the offensive boards while hubie brown praises him for outrebounding a bunch of 6-9 PF's..

12. saintja2

saintja2 Contributing Member

It would be nice if the refs let the players play and not call all the small stuff so tightly. Especially on nights like this when we get to enjoy vintage-DPOY-Dwight Howard.

However, it's not like that kind of reffing is entirely a bad thing for us if they call it on both ends. Harden shot 17 free throws and there were some he might have not gotten on some other nights, Dirk's 3rd foul at the end of the first half comes to mind.

13. i3artow i3aller

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/i7uWOdk4feU?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  14. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Cuban indeed already making calls, would not surprise me if he paid off referees to call it tightly on Dwight.

15. Rox225

Rox225 Contributing Member

I was pissed when they called that offensive foul on him when mini me Barrea ran into Dwight and acted like he was shot. To me that was the Dallas way of neutralizing Dwight because Barrea had tried that crap a few plays before and the Refs didn't bite. I guess you try it enough and they'll call one eventually. :mad:

16. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I'm concerned as well. He literally got Yao'd out there.

17. seeingred

seeingred Member

this is the way to see it. all the talk since before last year's playoffs was, "Can the Rockets win a game where the officials let 'em play?" Now, just like the really good teams, we can win either way.

Harden will kill you softly at the line or Howard will stomp a mud hole in you.

18. Airdough

Airdough Member

If he's getting the Yao treatment now at least it's happening in Game 1 which you took and you still have time to adjust plus retained home court. In 2005, the refs stole the homecourt back from the Rockets and gave it to the Mavs.

19. RoxBro

RoxBro Member

I think just like Dwight has to adjust to the refs, the refs are going to have to adjust to Dwight. There aren't a lot of guys his size and strength playing so refs may not be use to his physicality. Capella played decent, needs to work on the hands up D.

20. linkz1993

linkz1993 Member

No but dwight will make smart plays and adjust to whats gonna happen in the rest of the series I think he realizes how much hes needed out there