1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Astros Aquire Benson (soon, actually)

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by RKMAN, Jul 23, 2003.

1. redgoose

redgoose Contributing Member

Ensberg is untouchable. I would bet the house on that!

2. Franchiseclutch

Maybe the Stros just want stability at 3B instead of switching on and off with Blum and Ensberg? I wont be mad at the trade i just hope Blum is the better of the two

3. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Have you watched Ensberg play this year?

If they want stability, I have no problems watching Blum go. I'm going to **** a brick if they trade Ensberg for crap though.

4. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know what they could possibly know that we don't. All of Morgan Ensberg's minor league career reflects that he was going to be an excellent hitter. The only difference is that he has displayed much more power than anyone originally thought he would have. But he has discussed in interviews that he changed his swing a bit this offseason and thinks that is the reason for the power increase.

I can't put into words how pissed I would be if this trade went down. Morgan is my favorite player right now. If they traded him...hooo boy, I would seriously think about turning in my Astros fan card (not really...but I would be pissed).

5. fatman510

fatman510 Member

We think alike

6. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

The only way I would trade Ensberg for Benson would have been if the Pirates also threw in Aramis Ramirez. Not gonna happen anymore, but I would have done that deal. The Pirates would have been better off with Ensberg, but they decided to take minor leaguers for Ramirez.

7. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I think we are missing the most important point. What is the damn deal with this thread title? No where does it say that a trade is about to be completed, it's just a rumour, actually, speculation. This title needs to be changed to "Dumb asses in Pittsburgh think the Astros will trade Morgan Ensberg for Kris Benson"

8. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

This is the Pittsburgh media for you.

Tonight, billy beane was on espn radio, and was asked if it was true he had a deal for giles but brian blocked it with his no trade clause. He said flatly no.

They are pipe dreaming if they think they are getting a player like ensberg for a high potential but inconsistent Kris Benson.

And I'm a kris benson supporter.