1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should Capela get all of Joey Minutes?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by slickricky, Apr 14, 2015.

?

Should Capela get all of Joey's Minutes ?

Poll closed Apr 17, 2015.
  1. Yes, Capela should get all Joey's Minutes

236 vote(s)
    89.4%
  2. No, Dorsey give us what we need

28 vote(s)
    10.6%
  1. treeman

treeman Member

Yes. Next question?

2. treeman

treeman Member

And I must say, this is not a reflection on CC's skill, so much as the liability that Dorsey is. When Dorsey comes in we KNOW what they are going to do, and we have a pretty decent sample size to judge how it will go.

We can't play Dorsey in the playoffs unless we are intentionally trying to foul someone. Better the unknown possible liability in CC than the known liability in JD.

3. Gday

Gday Member

Stoudamire dominated Dorsey in Dallas. When Dwight is out McHale should play Smith at 5 & give Capela a couple of 2 minute bursts. Dorsey might be acceptable if Nowitzki plays at the 5 but that won't happen.

4. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

I will take Clinty over Joey anyday.

But I noticed that Clint still has stamina issues. That should not be a problem though.

From a matchup POV, he matches up well against Dallas' wire centers and forwards (save for Dirk).

From experience, we know that energy is a priceless intangible. I am not worried about Dallas series but we will need lots of energy if we are intending to shock the world and make it to the WC Finals.

5. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

We'll see how McHale uses him today.

6. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

most of them

7. dreamshakin

dreamshakin Member

I think capella will bring some much needed energy after Dwight gets out. The last thing we want is our defensive intensity to drop off. We can use him in bursts to keep him fresh. But his energy level when he blocks is contagious, and it can possibly motivate other guys to up their defensive intensity.

8. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

gotta find a way to get capela's/dorsey's minutes at the start of the qtrs, before we get into hack-a territory

9. shawn786

shawn786 Member

The best part about Capela is no team seems to have scouted him.

This kid has springs and can block shots.

I say put him in and lets see what happens, anything is better than Joey D...

10. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I hope neither sees anything but garbage time.

32 minutes a piece for Dwight, TJ and Smith leaves no time for Joey or Clint.

11. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

As the 4th big, I think against Dallas you have to go Clint. In certain other matchups though, I think you go Dorsey. Particularly Memphis.

For the most part though, I definitely think Capela has shown the ability to contribute more than Dorsey is capable of.

12. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Very easy to understand what you are going to get and not going to get from Dorsey. Dorsey is also an invitation to hack. He makes Smith/Howard look like Chris Paul. I can see Dorsey early in a quarter if we need to push around on Chandler. I guess I could also see him being an effective option on Dirk if he gets hot.... maybe.

CC could spark us just enough to win a game or two. That isn't going to come from Dorsey. Play CC!

13. alcatrazpsycho

The Rox organization must reading these forums... Clint... he look okay!