1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bill Worrell says Dream was asked to play tonight in Denver...Dream declined.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Summer Song Giver, Jan 23, 2001.

1. Summer Song Giver

Something about this rubbed me the wrong way;it seems as if Dream is intentionally pushing all the wrong buttons here recently.I mean Dream knows how desperate we are for big bodies and how valuable even 10 to 15 minutes off the bench would be and still he declines.It seems to me Hakeem is jepordizing 15 plus wonderful years here in Houston for an old man's pipe dream.

2. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

That kind of pisses me off too, but it is DENVER. He needs all the air he can get for tomorrow.

------------------
    "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning how to put food on their family while being put to death."

3. Summer Song Giver

ZRB....we could have used him tonight though,not playing in the game because it's DENVER and only for this reason is...uh.....well it's for the lack of a better term it's b****-like.

------------------
    No reply necessary

4. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Hakeem has always had trouble playing in the high altitude. I would have loved for him to play, but I can understand why he didn't. That thin air really gets to him.

------------------
    "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning how to put food on their family while being put to death."

5. Summer Song Giver

Sorry ZRB I disagree,Hakeem says he wants to play.Rudy wouldn't have played him much anyway since it is Denver and his first game back.Remember when Cato returned from the ankle sprain(albeit briefly)Rudy only played him five or ten minutes.

------------------
    No reply necessary

6. Stone Cold Hakeem

Stone Cold Hakeem Contributing Member

Man, this is such ugly situation but since my take really isn't wholly original, I'll keep this short (and attempt to hold my temper in check, no promises :) ).

Hakeem has been spouting off about how healthy he is and how he's just wants to contribute -- so why isn't he out there contributing? It seems to me a man so dead set on proving how he still has it would be licking his chops at such opportunity.

If Hakeem is loyal, he sure has a funny way of showing it.

------------------
    It doesn't matter if I have a signature!

7. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

IF Dream really said that, and if it wasn't because of the rarified air (which I'm starting to doubt), then I'm getting fed up with Dream. If he is doing this to "prove a point" then he is a cancer and we don't need a cancer on this team. It is hard enough as it is to win with a depleted frontcourt.

------------------
    Rocket fans UNITE to bring Pig Miller back home! WE NEED PIG! OINK! OINK! OINK!

8. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Yeah, forget what I said. I would have loved to have had Hakeem shutting down Mr. Stiff at the end. I can't believe that git hit that shot. Still, the Rockets should have realized that the guy has range. Oh well, the Rockets are just natural born losers.

------------------

9. 3Rings

3Rings Contributing Member

Hakeem should have travel to Denver to:

1) Sit on the bench
    2) Watch Mobley continue to get ISOs while going 5-20
    3) Call a reporter to announce the lack of ball movement in the 4th quarter.

------------------
    Respect Hakeem's legacy. A championship in the hand is worth two in the bush!!

10. T_money

T_money Member

We give up the chance to land T-mac & company and then he shows no loyalty, by not even playing.
    It's a sad, sad day in Houston.

------------------
    Chimmey chimmey what!!

11. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

was t-mac included in that deal ?

Someone look up Hakeem's lifetime stats in Denver. I'm sure they aren't shabby, considering Dikembe guarded him for alot of the games.

------------------
    "We don't have any plans. We just plan to win." Mack Brown

12. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

This ****'s getting old, ZRB. A fan has every right to complain about loses, but you have gone past complaining and begun insulting my favorite team. I won't sit silent for this. Shut the f*** up if you can't control yourself.

------------------
    Behad
    Sergeant at Arms of the Clutch BBS

Asking the question: What is more dangerous, an AK-47 or a scooter?

13. Ace

Ace Contributing Member

I read on some online NBA publication that he was discussed, but I really can't imagine this to be true. Was there no other team that could come up with a better package? Or did the Raptors really think they could retain him?

Anyway, the AP article only mentioned Willis, Christie, and the #5, #12 picks.

------------------
    Nederland 2002

Rocketman95 on board. Check out his latest game recaps.

14. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Behad- If you aren't happy with my opinions, don't reply to my posts. I have every right to express my opinions. Obviously you must have doubts about the Rockets yourself. If you were confident that the Rockets were not losers, why did you get so angry?

------------------

15. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

That sounded like a good deal then, it sounds unreal right now.

I know you guys don't like polls, but with hindsight, how many of you believe we should've traded Hakeem ? Hakeem has always been my favorite player, but I said yes then, and the way things are going, it looks like alot of us were right.

------------------
    "We don't have any plans. We just plan to win." Mack Brown

16. Behad

Because I get angry when someone goes over the line, which you have tonight. The Rockets are in a down year. It happens. You can't turn a team around this fast. But to call the "natural born losers" is insulting, and I won't let someone get away with it without responding.

Clippers....their owner is a loser, thus the team loses.

Houston Oilers.....a history of losing.

But the Rockets have been to the Finals 4 times, winning 2 of them. Sure, they have their issues now, like no front court to speak of, but they are trying. Rudy is trying. If it continues, then Les will make a change. But to insult them because they haven't already won the championship by January is stupid.

If you dislike the Rockets so much that you would call them losers, then get the f*** on someone else's bandwagon.

------------------
    Behad

17. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

You are going over the line by getting so angry at this. Why the hell should you care what someone halfway across the country writes on the internet. I did not insult you. I insulted the Rockets. I have every right to say that the Rockets are a bunch of worthless morons that couldn't play pro ball if they were paid millions to do it, which they are. I can call them losers, I can call them winners. I can call them whatever I want. Its called, "free speech".

------------------

18. Behad

So does this mean I have the right to call you a bandwagonner? Because this is how you are acting. Like a fair weather fan who "can't take it anymore" when things go bad? Isn't that the definition of a bandwagonner? What do you care?

------------------
    Behad

[This message has been edited by Behad (edited January 24, 2001).]

19. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Fine, call me whatever you damn want.

------------------

20. Behad

Aren't you going over the line getting angry at this? What do you care what someone halfway across the country says on the internet?

------------------
    Behad