1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrance Morris & Jason Collier land w/ San Antonio Spurs ...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Maryland Terps, Jul 22, 2003.

1. Fredterp

Fredterp Member

This was posted a few days ago that Collier and Terence were going to play in the Reebok Rocky Mountain Revue for San Antonio, July 21-26. Terence's full stats were 5-10 shooting, 2-3 FT, 12 pts, 4 Rebs, 3 assists, 3 steals, 1 turnover, 3 blocks against the Chicago Bulls. Go TRock. FREDTERP

2. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

good riddance.

3. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There were legit reports of us having discussions with Kevin Ollie, Eric Piatkowski, Ira Newble, and Antonio Daniels. That's 5 backcourt guys. We're believed to still be in the mix for Piatkowski, as well. CBS Sportsline was conjecturing Darrell Armstrong as well.

Four of those guys may have signed, but if teams want to give a career journeyman like Ollie a 5 year, 8 figure deal, so be it.

We're talking about backup role players here. Francis and Mobley are both ironmen in the back court, and if Moochie didn't have such a dribble mania fetish, this wouldn't even be an issue.

4. Quakes

Quakes Member

Scrub role players are somewhat expendable if Yao, Francis and Mobley are healthy and assuming they can play large minutes for the entire season. But should any of them get injured or miss games, an NBA caliber starting lineup very quickly begins to look like a CBA team. That will surely have an impact on our playoff hopes (note last season's near miss).

I do hope we sign up a couple of the guys we've been linked with, but with the West getting stronger, we're not going to progress if we don't upgrade the roster this summer.

Nikestrad's right... no need to hit the panic button quite yet. I'll wait for a few more days.

5. BALLhog 247 365

i thought collier was playin for the warriors?

6. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

The box score had TMo listed as a guard.:eek:

Maybe we have been playing him out of position.:cool:

7. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

When will the jersey retirements of both players be?

8. toner

toner Member

To one: Good luck
    To the other: Good riddance

9. Quakes

Quakes Member

Scratch Posey off that list... Now we look really vulnerable in the West where big guys are running rampant...

Reaching for that panic button...

10. Jaybird

Jaybird Member

If the Rockets don't match Posey's offer, does that mean the Rockets will come calling for Morris? Thoughts anyone?

11. Thanos

Thanos Member

I still think that letting go Tmo after he cost us a frickin first round pick wasn't a well thought out move.

As cheap as he was, why not give him another year?

It really doesn't make sense.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Collier will prove a decent backup in Spur Land

He was not as *SS HORRIBLE as we made him out to be

Morris will make a fine addition to someone's roster

Rocket River
    Good luck to both
    WOULD YOU RATHER HAVE PZIBILEIBNIEBKIRIE whatever his name was

13. Sane

Sane Member

I think T-Mo may make his way back here. I think he could be our starter by the end of the season, and a damn good one if he even slightly improved his range.

14. Nova

Nova Member

Please please bring back TMo... but I doubt it'll happen. I liked the guy, he's a good backup and could even start if balanced out by the other starters. But what is going on?? How are we gonna get a full roster? I'm hoping the Rox aren't gonna just pick up some scrubs... Jason Miskiri didn't looks bad in the summer league, maybe they could give him a try, and bring back Hawk at the very least. I actually wouldn't mind putting Badiane on the roster and have him work on his game over here, getting minimal pt.

Francis/Norris/Miskiri
    Mobley/Hawkins
    Posey?/TMo?/Nachbar/Rice
    Griffin/MoT/TMo?/Badiane?
    Yao/Cato

That's 14 right there, add in Piatkowski? Who knows, maybe they have something up there sleave but I'm getting just a little worried. Rox might lose Posey, might not go after TMo, lose out on Piatkowski, and send Badiane back overseas. Not only that they might not pick up Hawkins (although I doubt that). So who the hell are they gonna get? Oh well, speculation isn't worth crap, but the suspense is killing me.
    Regardless the core players that are almost definitely going to make up the team:

Francis/Norris
    Mobley/Hawkins
    Posey/Nachbar/Rice
    Grffin/MoT
    Yao/Cato

isn't too bad, but may barely be a playoff team. Oh, and screw Collier.

15. MrSpur

MrSpur Member

With Horry joining the team there really isn't a spot for Collier on the active roster.

As for Morris there could be a spot on the bench for a SF, but that's not certain yet.

16. Fredterp

Fredterp Member

TMo's latest game: 5-7 shooting, 1 rebs as a CENTER, 1 assist, 2 blocks and 2 turnovers in 26 minutes, high Spur had 12 against the Utah Jazz. FREDTERP

#36 Fredterp, Jul 23, 2003
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2003
  17. Jaybird

Jaybird Member

Fredterp did you see the game? I'm more inclined to believe it was a misprint in the box score. The previous game they listed him as a guard.

18. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

First blame that on Rudyand then Francis who convinced our officials that Terrence was a diamond in the rough.

19. Maryland Terps

Francis was right. We need to bring T-Mo back TODAY! W/ Posey gone we now have room.

20. Fredterp

Fredterp Member

Terence had his third good game, continuing to score double figures. He scored 15 pts (2nd on Spurs) on 5-12 shooting, 7 rebs, 1 assist, 1 steal, no turnovers, 3 blocks against Indiana.

Jaybird, this time Terence was not listed as a Center or Guard but a Forward. No I didn't go to the game, I am still back here in Terence's hometown of Frederick, Md. Like you guys say, there is still room for TRock on the Rockets! Terence has a bye today. FREDTERP