1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas out for the season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Apr 8, 2015.

1. YallMean

YallMean Member

I am not buying it. There is usually diagnosis of something, it can't be the back still feels sore. Where was medical staff during this entire time? He is out even if we make the finals? That's two month from now. What kind of sore back does he have? This just does not make any sense.

2. AXG

AXG Member

That was unexpected. I wonder what they found.

3. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

@Jonathan_Feigen: Motiejunas, Rockets still deciding whether he will need any surgery or just more time.

4. joeson332

joeson332 Member

I've come to terms with the loss and now what we need to focus with is how the frontcourt depth will be used this postseason around. I'm not a coach McHale hater at all but he NEEDS to get this one right this year. It's unfair to him because of the unfortuante injury but with the "quality" depth at frontcourt we have (I put it in quotation marks for a reason before anyone says anything) it needs to fill DMO's void for the playoffs. Have Capela and Smith in when Harden is running point or Dorsey when Prigioni is running doesnt matter just as long as everyone in the rotation needs to complement of each other. Coach McHale may the force be with you.

5. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Damn it!!! He was feeling fine & ready to come back but had a reoccurrence/ spasms After received treatment in NO he thought it was nothing & would go away. He is devastated, but is still trying to make it back for Playoffs.

Knowing DMO he will do everything in his power to be out there in the Playoff atmosphere.

Motiejunas is only 24. He averaged 12 points and 5.9 rebounds in 71 games, playing 62 as a starter, making 50.4 percent of his shots this season & 36.4 percent of his 3s.

Only Motiejunas and Kevin Durant have made at least 50 percent of their shots and 36 percent of their 3-pointers while taking at least 100 of each.

6. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Oh snap did I really say that.

Obviously meant to say SECOND BEST

Argh can't type straight too upset.

Apologies.

7. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Hate to say this but can we just fire Keith Jones. The worst trainer in the NBA.

8. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

no disrespect. do you work with the organization? honest question.

i'm somewhat hopeful that he returns in the playoffs if we advance. i find it so hard to believe that a guy thought he himself was ready to return soon is now out for the season.

9. YallMean

YallMean Member

When was this?

10. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

2 hours ago when news was posted.

11. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Hours ago.

12. YallMean

YallMean Member

Ok, I checked, that was tweeted by him before he confirmed DMO is out for the season+playoff. Shiattt.

He said DMO even went to a community service event after the back was looked at.

Jesus, it's freaking Yao episode re-runs. Keith has to go.

13. NicaHoustonian

can we still sign McGee?

14. linkz1993

linkz1993 Member

so still a chance.. If he can get two weeks more of rest whats the chances ?

15. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

does he have a slipped disc or something?

because otherwise, just take painkillers and play.

Dorsey and Capela better be taking 300 FTs everyday at practice.

16. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Has anyone said what exactly the injury is? I want him back, but don't fk w back injuries. I screwed mine up playing ball about 3 years ago and I keep reinjuring it every 5-6 months even when I give it 3-5 weeks of rest in between, take meds, get shots, etc.

Not worth risking your career at 24. Rest of big man, we'll need you in the Conference Finals.

17. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

He followed that up w/ the article saying he's out for the season + playoffs. Feigen's tweet, read in tandem with the info from Amick and others, suggests (at least to me) that it's a question of whether he needs surgery or will just sit out the rest of the season + playoffs w/out surgery.

18. YallMean

YallMean Member

Yes. Everybody plays through pain at this point of season.

19. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

He posted D Mo out and then tweeted still deciding after but ya sounds like he's out. That's exactly how I felt when I heard it.

20. mag

mag Contributing Member

Now the trades Morey made are looking pretty bad!!!

He should have kept Black instead of Dorsey. He is so much better I don't know what was he thinking.