1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets send promotional items to brainwash MVP voters - 2015 edition

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by redhotrox, Apr 3, 2015.

1. rockets belle

rockets belle Member

Here's what the Raptors gave to the media :
    [​IMG]
    It says "Vote for Lou" when pressed.

I can't believe that some people actually thinks that no other teams send promotional items. It's part of the business.

2. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

One Republic - All The Right Moves

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qrOeGCJdZe4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Clutch reminds me of me. Zero fuggs given.

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

kryst. That is cold blooded Clutch. Don't think there is a GIF appropriate for it. Someone make tweetfacespace or w.e to Parsons pls.

5. djimi

djimi Member

I am probably the minority here who doesnt want Harden to win the MVP. I mean seriously, so what if he wins it? It doesnt mean a thing if he wins the MVP and not advance far in the playoffs. The team focus should be CHAMPIONSHIP. Anything other than that are just distractions. It's good for an individual point of view but for the greater team goal MVP dont mean a thing.

If Harden wins the MVP there is bigger pressure for him to make it past the 1st Round and to me that is unnecessary pressure. If he wants to win the MVP award, there are still chance for him to win it in the coming years. I want Curry to win it, plus they get the best record, its a recipe for a 1st round exit due to more pressure for them to perform. If they lose the first game and home court, it goes downhill from there. dont tell me none of you have seen it happen before.

Plus, if Harden doesnt win it, it lights up a fire for him to prove the doubters wrong. He will step it up like how he stepped up after people criticised him after last season.

NBA, please give the MVP Award to Stephen Curry.

P/S: Please dont flame me too hard :p

6. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

Harden deserves the MVP though, hes been busting his ass all year carrying this team... the 30 point games, the clutch shots... the improved defense.. if harden didnt deserve it, i would be all for curry getting the award.. but espn is crapping on harden great season

7. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Zach Lowe is freaking precious with his basketball. Can't stand his pretentious ass anymore.

1 person likes this.
  8. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

I wonder if zach lowe tweets that if the Warriors send him a Curry pamphlet. Its only pathetic when Morey does it...

9. KillScarz

KillScarz Member

Kerr "We'll let Curry's game do the talking."
    11pts on 4-12 with 4 Ast.
    Wow. Mvp!!

10. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

HE SAT IN THE 4TH GIVE CURRY A BREAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

11. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

The MVP is usually announce after the 1st round in over.

12. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

This is embarrassing. It just reeks of desperation and approval seeking.

13. Handles

Handles Member

Not the only team that does this. Just the only team that gets called out for it.

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Curry will get the MVP, better stats on a team with a historic season. Harden can't overcome that.

Curry is also just more likeable.

Let Curry win the MVP. Then let Harden show us who is the real MVP in the playoffs.

15. OremLK

OremLK Member

[​IMG]

16. Rokman

Rokman Member

What Morey knows and what you are not thinking about is its a lot easier to recruit great players to your team when you have a legitimate MVP. Everyone wants to play with that guy who wants to win. You need great talent in order to draw great talent in. Think about it, if you were a free agent and looking to win and all things were equal except you could play with Kevin Durant, an MVP or James Harden a guy who is really really good but never reached that level, you choose to play with the MVP, pretty much every time. Same goes for this situation, now if Stephen Curry wins the MVP all their GM is going to hype to players this summer is "Come play with the MVP it's your best chance to win" and it's going to lay heavy sway on the mind of that free agent and he won't even remember James Hardens year, just the MVP tag. Morey is fighting the way he should.

P.S. - It also helps to validate everything he has developed with his analytics. That is probably about 30 - 40% of this as well. Would be nice for him to wave that in the face of all the doubters. Barkley would get a personalized marketing campaign sent to his house. LOL

17. Nook

Nook Member

Kind of like your posts.

1 person likes this.
  18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Who cares. Morey is going to bat for his guy. As long as Harden appreciates that then it's probably a good move. Who doesn't want to play for a team that is going to try to boost your appeal???

19. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Zach Lowe is a great writer but he is essentially the personification of BORING. Not surprised that he'd take umbrage at Morey's Harden mail. Morey's right - it is an entertainment industry at the end of the day. Lowe should stop treating it like it's the legal profession or something. As for Marc Spears, meh, who cares. He's just Woj's assistant on Y!.

20. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

If its just entertainment, if we really want to go down that path, just make it like the all-star team voting. Put up an NBA.com ballot, and let the fans decide who wins it. I mean, ultimately, this is about the fans, right?