1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Pelicans 3/25/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 24, 2015.

1. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

McClueless though

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

We cookin'! I stir it up and serve everybody! :p

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Rockets had three players with more than 20 points tonight. Harden: &quot;When we make the extra pass, everybody eats.&quot;</p>&mdash; Jenny Dial Creech (@jennydialcreech) <a href="https://twitter.com/jennydialcreech/status/580930552812986368">March 26, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I have absolutely no faith in Prigs or Terry in the playoffs. It's going to be a disaster if they play a lot. Their D was beyond horrendous

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Dwight Howard: &quot;My knee felt good out there. I didn’t have any issues. We’ll see how I feel tomorrow.&quot; Also, &quot;I’m just happy to be back.&quot;</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/580931780829667329">March 26, 2015</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Dwight Howard on what he told his teammates. <a href="http://t.co/ffa6jrbGxG">pic.twitter.com/ffa6jrbGxG</a></p>&mdash; Calvin Watkins (@calvinwatkins) <a href="https://twitter.com/calvinwatkins/status/580935002503839744">March 26, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Dwight Howard: I felt pretty good, it seemed as soon as I got out there it was time to sit back down, it was kinda of an adjustment period</p>&mdash; Calvin Watkins (@calvinwatkins) <a href="https://twitter.com/calvinwatkins/status/580933812080795648">March 26, 2015</a></blockquote>

#964 J.R., Mar 25, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  5. DreamEarlNolan

I thought Prigioni played pretty solid defense for most of the night. He definitely had some less than great moments during the game, but overall I thought he played pretty good.

6. mcgrady33090

mcgrady33090 Member

So the time basically stopped when Dante Cunningham tried to save the ball to Evans.

WTF is this ****

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Cunningham took three GIGANTIC steps out of bounds!!!

8. solid

solid Contributing Member

Big win, would have been a disastrous loss. Memphis lost which is great, but Portland won by three points after trailing most of the game to Utah. Realistically, the Rockets could catch Memphis. However, if Bev doesn't come back, our guard play puts us in a world of hurt. Priggy and the Jet are going to be eaten alive by the elite guards in the West.

9. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Great game. Great win. Love how they NEVER gave up:eek:

10. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Here is the last play.

<iframe src='http://streamable.com/e/in9l' width='560' height='314' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen scrolling='no'></iframe>

The ref actually moved out of the way so Cunningham could get to the ball. Evans should have caught the ball, dribble out to the three point line, line up hi shot and shoot it. He had more than enough time for that...

11. mcgrady33090

mcgrady33090 Member

I found the time stop more i dont even know what to describe it anymore. They need to fire the time keeper, league needs to look at this.

12. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

terry has more than proved himself in the past, and has made some big shots for us this season also if you've forgotten already..

13. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

Almost all of those teams are faltering down the stretch. @Raptors, @Mavs, and @Thunder don't look nearly as tough as they did even a month ago. The two toughest teams (Spurs, Jazz) are meeting the Rockets at home. With good health (maybe unlikely at this point), I can see a 10-1 stretch losing to the Spurs on the road.

14. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

The fact that it stalled right at 0.3 is so suspicious. Just enough time for a shot...

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I've seen the home cooking with the time keeping. I've seen a toe to half a foot out when stealing a ball from someone. I have never seen a player literally long jump out of bounds and save it with no whistle. I mean, look at this nonsense!

16. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Wasn't able to watch the game; can anyone tell me how Dwight did in his limited time?

17. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Wow we squeaked out one there.

Crazy clock gaffe there at the end, no one mentioned anything but WAYY too much time went off the clock when we fouled Gordon, after he was fouled like a full second went off and no one noticed.

And obviously the Cunningham thing, damn I'd be so pissed if that came to bite us.

18. PeppermintCandy

As long as he's in the air, it's a legal play, I think.

And it seems like the time keeper mistakenly believed the ball went out of bounds and so stopped the clock at :03, but then realizing there was no play stoppage, began again. Personally, I don't see a conspiracy here.

1 person likes this.
  19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Watch the play again. He takes 2 steps out of bounds then jumps from OUT OF BOUNDS! You can't do that!

20. Come_Again?!

Come_Again?! Member

Think it was 25-40, I dont know what McHale said but after that point the defensive intensity turned up and you could feel it (mind you I was watching the game with no sound). That's what I wanna see in the playoffs!