1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas - X Factor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DudeWah, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

3 rebounds against phoenix front court was impressive. Not! Biggest dude on the court and you can only grab 3 freaking rebounds. Wow Dmo has to get better in this department.

2. jsb

jsb Contributing Member

Yes he led the team in points and assists, his men were 5-17 from the floor, the perimeter defenders men were 33 for 54 but yes DMo lost the game. :rolleyes: :eek: :rolleyes:

3. nobie

nobie Member

It kinda got strange that people keeps spamming this thread after every good/bad game DMo has. Spamming same **** 24/7.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL it really is sad, some people around here have such awful takes that it really might have been said trying to be serious.

5. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Naw Ole buddy was serious than a heart attack. Very sad

6. conquistador#11

you guys need to stop complaining and start working on the "demo can't rebound" video so it can go viral. we need him to take the next step.

7. ambugb

ambugb Member

Actually I am surprised you have internet in that ****hole where you are living. Learn one thing - basketball is team game not single player's game. Yes dmo sucked to get rebounds, others sucked even to pass him ball in post, other sucked shotting, I mean Harden had pathetic night. Now once you will get this into your head you can shut up and gtfo from forums. I am sure all will agree that logical and correct criticism is better than the **** you spout from your mouth.

1 person likes this.
  8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

That is completely uncalled for and not necessary - does nothing to help the board or the conversation.

DD

9. sefril

sefril Member

he's playing fine yesterday.. people got frustrated because of the loss and searching for a scapegoat..

Dwight please return quickly and healthy..

10. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

It's better if you didn't post on these forums AssWipe.... You know nothing about basketball or what this team is going through.

11. Panda23

Panda23 Member

THE WAY TO HIS HEAD IS THRU HIS HEART.

12. PeppermintCandy

I agree, there's nothing wrong with being productive as a backup big.

As I said, when coupled with a defensive tough like Dorsey who doesn't need the ball offensively, and going up against second-, third-tier bigs, he's better than fine. It's only when he's in the starting lineup that he starts to show inconsistency, which should be expected.

Also, when the team is fully healthy, he more likely gets paired with Smith off the bench instead of Dorsey. However, this pairing doesn't play to either players' strengths as much IMO.

13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I think he's a Lithuanian fake troll. Didn't Lin have a bunch of those?

14. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

This is just a really bad take.

15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

This coming playoffs is going to give us the best indication yet of what to expect from Donatas in the future.

How well can he score against the physical defense in playoffs?
    How well can he score under pressure?
    How well can he read the defense in the playoffs and make the right decisions?
    How much of a liability will his lack of rebounding be and can he make up for it on the other end?

These are the things I will be looking at.

16. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

So I'm guessing you wrote Jones off after last season, because he was pretty damn bad in his first postseason.

That's not me getting on Jones, but the fact is that all the games and practice in the world can't prepare you for NBA postseason intensity. D-mo has already played far more minutes than he ever has, combine that with him being a playoff virgin (thanks mchale). I don't think some struggles would be a massive red flag.

17. PeppermintCandy

Yeah, well. Can't please everybody, I guess.

All players are affected by whom they play with and how they're utilized, but it seems especially the case for DMo. He can go from looking dominant to confused, depending on his usage.

18. jsb

jsb Contributing Member

Don't feel bad, at least your not a Lithuanian DMo defender!!! :grin:

19. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I'm not Lithuanian but even I would find it tough to defend DMo even before my ACL injury. Now with his advanced moves and counter moves in the low post and his ability to hit the 3, I have very little chance of being able to defend him.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Don't feel too bad, even guys like Anthony Davis and Marc Gasol struggle to defend DMo at times.