1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Jeremy Lin as a Los Angeles Laker

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Jul 11, 2014.

1. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

It doesn't take "tracking your internet activity" to notice that you posted in the GARM as much as anybody else right up until Lin left and now don't anymore. And though you're obviously bothered enough to stoop to personal jabs, it was a genuine question -- I was primarily curious because you were here before he even entered the league (and so clearly followed the team before he arrived).

ETA: Not sure if you've heard of smartphones, but you can now access the internet even when you leave the house! ;)

1 person likes this.
  2. kanariya

kanariya Member

smartphone is so great you can post here 24/7 even when you're on vacation!

3. blueshampoo

blueshampoo Member

I love how some people still blame Lin for not being able to play through the chest injury. He tried, he couldn't. How do you know if they were minor or not? We saw the game last year, he grabbed his chest and couldn't move.

If a person has an injury, you shouldn't play, period. Yes, you can go Kobe-mode and try to endure it but it's not a smart decision for a professional athelete where taking care of your body is everything to your career.

Next time, get a gun, shoot Lin through the chest, and when he can't play after that, blame him for it.

4. archinkent

archinkent Member

Less arguing, more trolling please. ;)

5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Haha

What happens when you expose Lin fanatics as what they are...Lin fanatics.....

[​IMG]

So much butt hurt on the last page...

LOL @ this EPIC MELTDOWN by Snoopy...

*dissappears from the GARm right after Lin left* yet when you call him on it...

[​IMG]

Also LOL @ blaming "injury" on Jerry's bad game as if it is an isolated case.

Also, poor Jerry.....

.....injured to make only one shot but not injured enough to attempt 8 of them.

Thanks for the laugh everyone. Much appreciated. Great start to a weekend.

#8025 Zboy, Mar 20, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  6. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Is this dude a real person? Or just a pain in the ass cartoon character?:confused:

Dude is such a loooooserr:grin::grin:
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EUholHlmxYA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. Danang78

Danang78 Member

Half Black,

First point:
    You guess wrong. It wasn't about me, but from your response, the subject is beyond you, so I'll drop it.

Secondly:
    If you saying I a bandwagoner, maybe,.... of what doe?
    Jeremy Lin is a Laker, Jeremy Linsanity, Rockets, or Cluthfans?

If you say I'm a bandwagon of Jeremy Linsanity...guilty as accused. I didn't follow him before that.

8. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

March

Jordan Clarkson, the forgotten Asian:..........13.7 points at 43%, 5 assists/g
    Jerry Lin, "I keep losing my starting spot":...11.6 points at 39.8%, 5.3 assists/g

February

Jordan Clarkson, the forgotten Asian:..........13.8 point on 47.7%, 4 assist/g
    Jerry Lin, "i keep losing my starting spot":...11.4 points on 44.9%, 4.2 assists/g

Kicker? Jordan is getting his numbers against starters while Jerry is trying stat pad against the scrubs on other teams.

What do the numbers above say?

This....

<iframe src="https://vine.co/v/OIZWKFiE6pL/embed/simple" width="480" height="480" frameborder="0"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>

I know who I would want to play more if I was tanking. :)

Since The All star break.....

Since the All Star break.....

[​IMG]

9. mig0s

mig0s Member

Good game by Lin yesterday. 4 assists with 3 steals in limited minutes, while having a big defensive game, he kept the Lakers close despite his teammates sucking. Another step towards the max next year

10. mig0s

mig0s Member

lol zboy please go back to Lakersground and write more Lin stats and Lakers intel there. Show them your full analysis and your research on Lin I'm sure they will appreciate your effort. Leave Clutchfans for the real Rockets fans please. bye

11. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

You do realize that they are tanking, right? That Clarkson is a rookie? That Clarkson is being played for development and to help the tank? Clarkson may well become better than Lin, and certainly the Lakers hope so, but saying he is better now is silly.

Greater than 20 minutes played, he has been in 3 of 13 lineups all season that didn't have a negative plus minus, and one of those had Lin in it. Lin was in 8 of them.

Greater than 10 minutes played since the allstar break he has been in 1 of 6 lineups that didn't have a negative plus minus. Lin's in the other 5.

But judging anything on this season for the Lakers is stupid. Whether on purpose or because Byron is an idiot, they are trying to lose. Their spacing is utter crap most of the time, which does not work for a guard like Lin whose one elite skill is penetrating.

12. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I give the numbers for two months for both Lin and Clarkson.

Lin Fanatic says "but but they are tanking"

Yes folks, Jordan Clarkson, the second round rookie, has better FG% because Lakers are tanking.

LOL @ Lin fanatics logic and their never ending list of excuses....

[​IMG]

Wait! It gets worse!

You do realize Jordan Clarkson is a second round rookie and Lin is in his 4th year in the league right?

Like I said, if Lakers want to tank efficiently, it makes sense to play Lin more minutes. :grin:

PS. LOL @ using the word "elite" with Lin. Thanks for the laugh. Great weekend continues.

13. Jtoocheap

Jtoocheap Member

He shot 1-8 and had 2 turnovers.

1 person likes this.
  14. King1

King1 Contributing Member

mig0s is attempting to troll (extremely poorly I may add) because his feelings have been hurt. He could no longer defend his hero on merit so he's been reduced to this.

15. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

He's probably still going to be in the NBA. He's mediocre, but I think he's good enough for some team to sign him for the BAE or maybe a desperate team fields him an MLE offer.

16. VanityHalfBlack

What was Jordan Clarkson's stats when he was sitting on the bench this year, anyone? How many games did he start vs on the bench?

17. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Haha. This.

mig0s kept accusing others of trolling in this thread without making any sort of contribution himself.

Then he trapped himself between a rock and a hard place by making a silly statement from which he could not back track.

His only option was to save face by.......? Yup, you guessed it. Trolling!

Oh the irony!

His meltdown has been thoroughly enjoyable. *slurp* *slurp*

#8037 Zboy, Mar 21, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
  18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Migos is trolling so hard that gandalf can't even believe it.

As far as lin fans saying they aren't bandwagon, they shall not pass

1 person likes this.
  19. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

Gosh, you're right. FG% is the very essense of PG play. And to think I was going to compare TS%.

On the season, JL 53.2, JC 50.7.
    post allstar JL 53.9, JC 53.6

... practically the same player, and league average to boot. Of course, playing in a system with complete crap spacing, but who cares. This is who they are. Getting to the basket is overrated anyway.

But gee willikers, what about the team? Basketball is a team sport, and all that.
    let's compare net rating
    on the season JL -6.7, JC -8.7
    post allstar JL -0.3, JC -9.7

Welp, those are all negative numbers. Shocking on a team with 17 wins, but there's the proof. They both suck. Weird how these numbers aren't the same like the TS% numbers were, though. And weirdest of all, JC played 27 minutes with Kobe, while Lin played played 664 minutes with him, all prior to the allstar break And we know that had to have lifted Lin's numbers. After all, Kobe had a net rating of -12.2.

Well, I'm sure the minus for Kobe is just a glitch in the database. And his usage of 34% likewise.

20. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

^^^

Its the system fault.

Its Scott's fault.

Its Kobe's fault.

It becomes a team game when Jerry's numbers look bad, but its Linsanity when he has a good game.

Where have we heard that song before? Things that make you go hmmmm...

All those numbers and then to come to the conclusion that they both suck, while comparing to a second round rookie. LOLzzzz

On a bottom feeder on which he should have been padding his numbers during his contract year. LOLzzzzzz

Bonus LOLzzzz @ ignoring FG% just because he is a PG.

Thank you for keeping this weekend an entertaining one.

I think I will go ahead and blame all these turnovers on the system and Byron Scott for not telling him turnovers are bad...and oh yeah....Kobe.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jmb_uLIYBP8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#8040 Zboy, Mar 21, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2015