1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you wish we had of kept Alexey Shved?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JCDenton, Mar 21, 2015.

?

Do you wish we had of kept Alexey Shved?

1. Yes, dude can ball

53 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No, should have packaged him with picks for an upgrade

48 vote(s)
    30.2%
  3. No, Pablo "The Prig" Prigioni is a solid pickup who will wreck it in the postseason

48 vote(s)
    30.2%
  4. FIRE MOREY!

10 vote(s)
    6.3%
  1. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

He has been balling out of control since we traded him (along with draft picks!) for the useless Pablo "The Prig" Prigioni. This was probably the most lopsided deadline deal, and of course with Morey at the helm, we are the losers. Other than us being gifted Josh Smith and Corey Brewer, we have lost on every single transaction this clown has made from last offseason on. The man has literally thrown away three draft picks in less than a year to get rid of point guards that are equal or better to the ones we have on this squad.

How about instead of trading a decent backup PG (Lin) a first round draft pick, a point guard with potential who is now balling out of control, and two second round draft picks for the grand total of a 37 year old point guard who is showing he doesn't belong in the NBA, we package those assets together and get a top guy? Morey lucked into Harden and Howard and has bungled everything since then. Everything.

1 person likes this.
  2. Chucky_Brown

Chucky_Brown Member

I'm relatively new here, but I take it I shouldn't feed the trolls?

2 people like this.
  3. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Need graphs.

4. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

That title is going to make my brain explode.

Goodbye, cruel world.

5. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

6. Nook

Nook Member

Drop the troll act... We all know it is you Sam Presti... You aren't getting Harden back and no you can't "borrow him" on our off days.

7. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

8. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

Where is the OP is an idiot option?

9. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Hmm the definition of "balling out of control" has sure changed from what I remember.

10. rockets belle

rockets belle Member

WTH! Is this even serious?

First, Pablo is not useless. Second, Morey was not gifted Josh and Corey. The flexibility that your clown made possible allowed the organization to sign Corey and Alexey and then Josh.

I really like Alexey and I'm very happy for him but I think Alexey was only acquired to be packaged on the deadline.

It's great being an armchair GM and having the wisdom of hindsight but it's not that easy. I'm glad you're not our GM.

11. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

You misspelled Goran Dragic.

12. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

I think this plot line is similar to the movie "Trading Places". Morey makes a friendly $1 wager with Sam Hinkie right before trading for Shved. Hinkie bets that Morey can't turn Shved from an unknown bench warmer for the 76ers into a headline grabbing starting PG within 3 months.

The only stipulation is that Hinkie must trade Shved to Morey, which happens around 12/20. 3 months later, Morey has once again worked his magic and is $1 richer to boot.

13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

You worry too much.

We will have him back in Rockets uniform on a poison pill contract.

Knicks do a lot of dumb things but if its one thing they do not do, it is match a ridiculous offer on a scrub point guard.

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Morey fails us again

15. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Dat thread title grammar

16. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

definitely, he's killin it on the worst team in the league, what an achievement. you know that always translates well on a good playoff team. something like 2.3ppg, 1.1apg, .7rpg? should not of traded those numbers away

17. sunw1989

sunw1989 Member

Alexey's defense is terrible, and we didn't see enough of his offense. I think it is fine to let him go, but we should have a better offer than Prigioni.

18. Vienna Calling

How does this clown still have thread starting privileges?

...and where are the graphs?

19. Houston79Astro

Jc... Just stop it already. Your hatred for a third string pg and an wizard of a GM is complete stupidity. Lol what were the two draft picks? What years again? Hell we got draft picks for picking up Terry.

20. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Knicks 4-11 since getting Shved

Rockets 10-4 since trading for Pablo

I am ok