1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas - X Factor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DudeWah, Nov 23, 2014.

1. dron

dron Member

LOL :DDDDDD
    Judging from this sh**, you must be 38 years old virgin who dont really have anything better to do in your life except internet.
    Ok Ok. you showed me how the real tough men manage their business, im really scared. Power of your gifs is too strong. Still, im pleased that you wasted your time to answer me, even when i dont really give a sh** about you.
    That must be some kind of accomplishment for u right? Congratulations man.

2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I thought you and I started off really well but then....

[​IMG]

3. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

Disagree.I think he's huge to only be seven inches.

4. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Okay, soooo....

1. Normalus
    2. Elainas
    2. Dron

Any others?

5. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Ayeeeeeeeee

6. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

haha

You should know by now, if you are a fan of a certain player who has a bad game, not to visit clutchfans, after a loss.

It's our way of releasing the frustrations and adrenaline after a game.

Players and fans need mental toughness.

7. Zbed

Zbed Member

I think Dmo is tired from playing to much center which is affecting his rebounding/post game, we desperately need Dwight soon

8. a la rockets

a la rockets Contributing Member

Then again Gobert proved the exact opposite yesterday night.

9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Do not give the poor chap false hope.

Donatas would have been roasted for the 0-10 1st quarter rebound performance even if the Rockets had blown the Jazz out of the water.

Also, his lack of rebounding is not a "one game" issue.

10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Rockets had a Euro rebounder by the name of Asik as well.

Lets not lump entire Europe into Poland just because our 7 footer is soft.

11. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Wow people. This is getting ridicolous (almost YOF and LOF like). I am one of the biggest Dmo fans on this forum. But it is clear that he is not a good rebounder (or even an average). It was one of the major reasons he was drafted as low as he was. It is something he needs to work on. There is no point in denying it.

That being said I think DMo is a very good PF next to a rebounding center (like Howard is). The problem is that at the moment we do not have any good rebounders (Dorsey is the best and he is playing pretty good in his few minutes, but you do not want to play him more). Jones and Smith are also not great rebounders, sure Jones is a nice energy player who is an ok offensive rebounder but he is not good enough.

Basically if you play DMo you need to have a strong rebounder next to him. I believe that his offensive game is good enough that you try to find a complimentary player next to him who can make up for his lack of rebounding.

Gobert would actually be the ideal center next to Dmo (a healthy Howard who accepts his role would also be ideal).

12. jsb

jsb Contributing Member

Yes but also the proper use of your IGNORE LIST, can make this site pretty awesome again. Amazing how much fun it is to be here when you add 1 or 2 trolls to that list...... I'm telling you it's AMAZING!!!!!

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Good lord, we are actually having a conversation about D-Mo being Bargnani level bad on the boards. That's not good news folks.

Bargnani at least had a season where he averaged over 6 boards a game. Career average is a little below 5.

This is nothing new though with Donatas. On draft night this was what was brought to attention from Fran Fraschilla about why he's going to struggle in the NBA.

Playing next to Jonas Valanciunas and Dwight Howard hasn't helped either. Its actually made him MORE of a "conscientious objector" to rebounding. For whatever reason, his mind just is made up that he doesn't have to rebound.

Its sad too cause the guy is close to being a ridiculously good NBA big man, and that one little fault in his game could put him back on the bench and destroy the momentum he's built to get this far in the NBA after having such a difficult time establishing himself as a premier player coming out of Europe.

14. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Forgot to hit submit on this post.

I am not sure where you keep getting that 7 number. Since Dwight Howard has sat out, D-Mo has averaged 5.9 boards. He has averaged 6 boards this season with or without Howard, which is a piss poor number for a 7-footer. Gasol on the other hand, bumped up his rebounding during that time from 7.9-8.8 during Z-Bo's absence, almost an entire board more a game (so complete lie on your part). Either way, the fact remains the same that D-Mo is a completely **** rebounder.

15. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

That snowcone fellow

16. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Its funny that you called out the others to be LOF while you posted the exact same craps as LOF did.

Lin is not a shooter, he is a pure PG, he is a play maker, he needs someone to set a pick for him, he need his SG to play without the ball, he needs his coach to trust him, he needs his teammates to cover for his weak defense, he needs................

1 person likes this.
  17. arno_ed

Actually no. I do see what you are trying to do there. But the difference is that I acknowledge what his strengths and weaknesses are. I have a problem with the posters who seem to ignore that DMo has weaknesses and claim that he is not a bad rebounder.

Every fan of a team looks at the players they have and look at their strengths and weaknesses and see how they fit together. When you compile a team you look at players who complement each other. So if you want DMo in your starting line-up you need a good rebounder next to him. Just like when you want a player like Love to start you need a rim protector next to him. Observing this and saying that this is the case does not make you a Player only fan. Refusing to see their flaws and blaming others for their weaknesses and not caring if the team wins makes you a Player only fan. If you cannot see the difference that is your problem.

18. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Morey and McHale have no personal preference on playing certain players because they are putting their job on the line.

I think anyone with a logical mind will understand it.

No team will build around a ROLE PLAYER and let the teammates to share his responsibilities and covering his weakness time after time.

It could happen in specific situation, in specific possession, but if that role player will have such glaring weakness and can not perform what he has been ask at his position, well then goodbye for your future.

Even for a superstar like Harden, if he can not improve from his embarrassing defensive performance last year, its just a matter of time Morey and McHale will look for other options.

So quit blaming on the coach is not building around him or treating him "unfairly" by not giving him a "great rebounding center", because that's a laughable excuse, just like LOF did all the time.

The only reason that Dmo is still getting so much playing time is because the Rockets does not have any better options.

When you are comparing Dmo with Dorsey, well, that's sad enough to see Dorsey can still get some minutes which he should never get.

If Dmo will never improve his rebounding and defense (which someone still want to argue he is a good defender and also failed to recognize rebounding is actually a part of defense), he will not be even a good role player on a good team.

19. arno_ed

I never said we should build around him. But when you build a team you look for matching pieces.

DMo has a specific talent which IMHO our team needs. He can create and make a shot. We have very few players who are capable of that (Harden is amazing at this, and you can argue that Jones and Smith sort of can do this, but DMo is better at it), and that costs us a lot of games. This is a huge problem in our team, and DMo can help in that regard. The problem is that if DMo plays a lot of minutes (since we need his skills) we also need someone who can rebound. The problem with that is that we do not have a good rebounder to do this hence the last 2 games.

I agree with you that if we had a player who could create his shot as well as DMo but could also rebound he would play much more. However the NBA is filled with players with some skills and some weaknesses. Ben Wallace did not have any offensive game, but still he was important to the Pistons for his defense. Look at the volume shooters Jr Smith, Crawford etc. they only have 1 great skill and many weaknesses. Brook Lopez is also such a player.

That being said DMo should work on his rebounding and strength, he looks tired and sometimes overpowered out there. But the specific skills that he has are useful for this Rocket team.

I do think his position defence is pretty good (i almost singlehandedly got Aldridge in foul trouble). But I agree with you that he does need to secure the rebound.

So overall the way our team is constructed it needs DMo for his strengths and if that is the case we need other players who can hide his rebound problems. I think DMo is a great complimentary player to Dwight (and since Dwight will be our main center that is pretty good).

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I've said that the good performance DMo had in the first half of the season might well be his Linsanity stretch. I was hoping it wasn't. But it looks more and more like it.

I am confident that the DMo war won't be as ugly as the Lin war. But you can see some resemblance.