1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

who's more untouchable? Westbrook or Durant?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mig0s, Mar 4, 2015.

Tags:
?

who's more untouchable?

1. Westbrook

15 vote(s)
    11.7%
  2. Durant

113 vote(s)
    88.3%
  1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'm taking Durant who can contribute long after his athleticism begins to fade. I wouldn't even think twice about it. I don't put a ton of value in the PG position, although Westbrook is somewhat transcending the standard definition of PG right now.

2. marky :)

marky :) Member

As mentioned before, it's highly unlikely Westbrook's body can handle that much strain while playing at that high of level. I hope he proves us wrong because I hate seeing players get hurt but how hard/fast he plays is just insane.

3. joeson332

joeson332 Member

I really thought Westbrook would lead that poll...guess I am in the minority.
    Just my opinion though

4. joeson332

joeson332 Member

#BlameBeverley

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I share your concern.
    I need to see how he comes back
    Otherwise. . .If not well he will be regulated to the #2 position

Rocket River

6. Juxtaposed Jolt

I doubt anyone would have thought Harden would be top 1 or 2 in MVP consideration at the time of this trade.

7. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

OKC should have let go of Russel and kept Harden.

8. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

Both incredible players. In basketball the objective is to score more points than your opponents. Durant is more valuable because he's better at putting the ball in the basket.

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

This is a pretty silly question, KD is the single most unstoppable offensive force the league has seen in years...and that's with WB eating up his shot attempts. You keep him at all costs, as we are seeing in OKC right now WB's hero ball does not necessarily translate to wins dude takes more shots than rest of the starters combined.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL is this a serious poll? Who is more untouchable? A chucker or one of the greatest players in the NBA?

Wow.

11. Wilezra

Wilezra Member

Yeah, these two sum up my thoughts perfectly.

12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

What does "more untouchable" even mean?

Shouldn't the question be, "Are Durant and WB both untouchable?"

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is a luxury to have. And Reggie Jax was no slouch either.

14. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

Should've traded Westbrook for Dwight at the time.

Reggie
    Harden
    Durant
    Ibaka
    Dwight

15. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

If both players are healthy the answer is an easy one but with the obvious choice having serious and recurring injury issues the answer is far from clear.

Durant is a great talent , thing is he isn't built for the pounding players take in the NBA. Now that he has these injury issues , you have to wonder how long (if at all) he can sustain the level of play we are accustomed to seeing from him .... I don't know what that window of opportunity is but I wouldn't bet the farm on it being a long one.

Westbrook is a freak athlete and probably one lower limb injury away from being JAG .... but for the time being he's playing about as well as anyone has over the last couple months.

Man I don't know ....

16. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

What? Bro, what are you talking about man? I'm out man. Y'all n****s trippin.

17. ths balla

ths balla Member

Exactly, Westbrook is having to put up over 30 shots a game to get his numbers, that's incredibly inefficient.

18. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

Westbrook is going to need to become a better shooter, period, to have an extensive career.

Westbrook plays like a young D-Wade, and look how quickly Wade's health went. He started breaking down in year 8 of his career, and Westbrook is in year 7 of his. Kobe was able to extend his career because he had one of the best fadeaway jumpers ever, but young Kobe also played the same way.

19. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Probably both but if I had to choose one I'd say Durantula as well. Yeah, Russ is having an NBA 2k15 month but people get overhyped with his performances (with me included).

I thought about it today and the Thunder are 2-3 in their last 5 games. Damn, they trailed to Philly at HOME by 14 late in the 3rd and were lucky to win in overtime, so it is not like they are blowing teams out with their play.

Russ has been spectacular mainly because he is rebounding and passing the ball so well and he's had 3 knee injuries and after all those events he is still managing to jump like he never went under knife. But he's taken over 30 shots in 3 of those 5 games (correct me if I'm wrong) and they haven't been that great while he never achived at least 50 % FG. That ain't good. Reminds me of old Kobe when he used to force 30+ shots per game and Lakers were simply losing every of those games.

The formula is pretty simple for every team, when a player takes 30+shots himself your chances of winning slide... But hell is there any more entertaining thing to watch now than to watch Russ play? I doubt it and I have to admit I love seeing him put up numers like that. Even before the season started I picked him to win the MVP (bold prediction aka Kenny Smith) but at the end of the day we may be right - Harden should still be no 1.

But OKC better be careful, only 0.5 games lead over NO and Davis is back for them...

20. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Westbrook is a volume stat padder. By no means a scrub, but Durant is one of the 2 or 3 greatest scorers ever, and he does it extremely efficiently.

Westbrook has an insanely high usage rate of 38.4% this season. That would be the 2nd highest ever, and that number has been skyrocketing over these last 4 games. And he has a fairly pedestrian 53% TS. OKC has quite a few possessions where literally nobody else touches the ball.