1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Grizzlies @ Rockets 3/4/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 4, 2015.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

If you give yourself a chance you win the game at the end only to get that chance taken away by an obvious miss call, there's plenty of reasons to be upset. People that use the excuse about what transpired before that point have no idea

2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

no one is you strawman POS. we're blaming them for the non-call that was obvious. and maybe maybe dmo and the D was **** because we had 5 FACKING FTs playing D all up in our ass while they had 17!!!!

3. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

He did get the call Sunday. He just bricked the free throws. And that was way less contact by Smith on that drive than what Z-Bo did.

Look, I understand the end of a game is officiated differently, especially if it's tied since you don't want the outcome decided by free throws. So the refs tend to let a little more stuff slide. That's life in the NBA. But when a player is raked across the arm like that, you have to blow the whistle. That's not incidental contact. That's a deliberate foul to prevent a layup.

Not to mention the NBA can't be that ignorant to not know what was on the line in this game between these two teams.

4. rockets belle

rockets belle Member

Yes but the team found a way to come back!
    Are you saying bad calls late in the game is ok because the team is playing poorly?

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

Prig doesn't do much ball handling anyway and he can't shoot. There's no reason for him to be there today

6. rocketsmetalspd

True but even with all that bad D you have admit that last call was brutal. The call cost the team the W and a chance to have the tie breaker and 1 game in the lost column against the Grizzlies.

7. haydenfisher342

bye rockets 2nd seed
    bye Harden MVP
    bye Harden scoring title
    bye Canaan 31 points on 8/13 3pt shooting
    bye

8. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dude this ain't the Griz forum

9. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

good refs know if the ball goes down it's not a foul but if the ball flys up it's almost always a foul. anybody seen any good refs lately?

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

How do you play though someone smacking you across your arms?

11. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

ESPN recap says Gasol's block of Harden gave Memphis the ball back.

12. vjohnson

vjohnson Member

Yeah I just don't get why he couldn't get on the court anymore cause we could us a point that could score right about now

13. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

I hope we get good karma from now on after those last two games.

Somebody in the NBA/refs' association is rigging these things if it consistently happens to us. Maybe certain referee teams

There have been a number of games which were officiated terribly against us several years now. And only one--the LAC game we won last season--in which every call seemed to be against the Clips. They seemed to have made the refs mad. Even if I was a Rockets fan, I could see the calls in that game were consistently wrong for the Clips.

But that was the only one that I remembered out of how many games I've watched. And I've watched many where the refs were unfair to us.

14. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

No he didn't. His arm was over Harden's Arm. When Harden went up with the ball, he carried Z-Bo's arm up.

15. haydenfisher342

this is why I dont purchase anything espn related. I chose a cable plan based on not having ESPN.

1 person likes this.
  16. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I just saw that. They're playing dumb on the ESPN Twitter feed too. Acting like it was just Harden claiming he was fouled. The replay don't lie, morons.

17. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wtf ?

18. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

only 1/2 a game ahead of portland. if they win tonight. rockets fall to 4th

19. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Their always the captain save a ref in every ****ing thread. It's obvious that DMo was porous & we need to play better, REGARDLESS it was a CLEAR foul & that had a huge impact on the game.

So ****ing save it, if not go join "what" on the grizz's forum.

20. haydenfisher342

we already are