1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas - X Factor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DudeWah, Nov 23, 2014.

1. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

It's just ariza and beverley. Others already got it down. Especially Prigioni.

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Yes. This is exactly what I said.

3. Ericonomist

Ericonomist Member

DMo needs to box out and protect rebounds!

4. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Dmo did hit some clutch 3's but he has to play his size. He also looked lost on quite a few defensive possession.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He did that, they called it a technical foul.

6. Bo6

Bo6 Member

yeah i don't get the T at all. too bad we couldn't see what really happened due to hawks broadcast.

i also don't think he was out of bounds late.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

When you are a fan of NBA basketball you just have to get used to the fact that the outcome of some games will be determined by the officials, especially when certain officials are involved. I don't even get mad about it anymore, tonight's game might as well have been a WWE match.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

They never showed the replay.

DD

#2608 DaDakota, Mar 3, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  9. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Gotta learn to play under adversity. Grow in mental toughness so refs will actually respect you and the team.

10. hooroo

hooroo Member

...sometimes you just have to dunk the ball.

11. Normalus

Normalus Member

7ast, 3stl and 3-4 offensive fouls against him tho

12. Ericonomist

Ericonomist Member

No he clearly have lost his position in that play. It shouldn't be a T though. Maybe he said something?

13. Zbed

Zbed Member

Dmo needs to bulk up big time like Nikola Pekovic big so he won't get pushed around down low. He needs to workout with Dwight.

14. haiti1804

haiti1804 Member

Dmo has taken a noticeable step back in defense and rebounding the last few games. The Hawk game had some really bad moments for him in both categories. However, we’ve got to be patient with Dmo despite his struggles he still is putting up numbers. He almost never has a truly awful game where he does absolutely nothing positive like Lin used to. We have to remember this is truly his 1st season getting significant playing time where he is being utilized semi-correctly. I remember watching Yao his 1st few seasons and thinking to myself that “he was the softest big on the planet,” but eventually he started to turn it around. Dmo’s skillset is sick we’ve just got to be patient. T Jones has improved big time after his 1st season as a starter I believe Dmo will too.

15. OpenLayup-Why3?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zqzk35oJI6Q

Watching the game it looked like 4th quarter collapse on defense was partially on DMo's behalf, but watching this video analysis makes you see that DMo just kept on getting in tough situations because rest of the Rockets were really lousy.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He looks tired to me - I think him having to play the centers every night is a bit of an adjustment as he has to bang down low more often, probably wearing him out.

He will be fine, at least his 3ball is coming around.

DD

#2616 DaDakota, Mar 4, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  17. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

I agree with you DD. With Howard out he has to take on that C role and he is a offensive player by nature so this physical play is an adjustment. This is his 2nd year of getting minutes so he is still new to all of this. I think he is doing well, it's just when the heat turns up he gets a lil lost out there. That should be expected of any young player. I'm glad he is getting that exprience now so he can be ready when playoffs come.

18. jsb

jsb Contributing Member

Just to put a little common sense into this thread, just a few months ago we were clammoring for a power forward on this team because DMo and TJones suck.
    Guess what, with them in the starting lineup together they are 5-1 with wins against Toronto, Clippers, Cleveland and and almost win against Atlanta. Atlanta with one of the best and most versatile front lines in the league who I believe have the best home record this year, these 2 scrubs put up a combined 32 points, 16 rebounds, 9 assists, 3 steals, 3 blocks and only 1 turnover and people are b*tching about how they lost the game???? With both Harden and Howard missing in action??? Not going to blame the refs but some questionable calls against us late in the game and some dim wits are going to blame this game on 1 or both of these guys???
    The number 1 reason we lost this game late was because we had no-one to take charge and slow things down and run our plays, we became to scattered, worked earlier didn't work late. Our point guards gave their all but taking charge is not their forte.

DMo for all his potential and holes in his game has been a joy to watch this season. How many different roles has he taken on this year and doesn't moan and groan, gives the team his 110% effort and for a first year starter, he has played with 4 different bigs in the starting lineup to redefine his role again and again.

I guess haters gotta hate and dim wits gotta be dim wits.

3 people like this.
  19. RyanB

RyanB Member

AGREE 100%

20. jonkey86

jonkey86 Member

I was at the game. DMO didn't argue the call, the just did that arm shook his arm in such a way that was more like, "forget it". The ref that called the foul didn't give the T as he didn't even see DMO do the gesture, it was another ref behind him that saw it, I didn't think it was a big deal.

Then again, at the end of the game, Brewer got called for a foul on Schroeder that was a no call, he was just in front of him. This was like with 40 seconds left.